UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Two questions here, apologies for the somewhat hazy memory and description:

First one is regarding one of the WCW luchas who from memory i seem to think was Super Calo (sp?). It was a match when he went for a t

• Paid Members

Anybody know what Super Calo is up to right now? I remember seeing him on that "ECW on TNN" show, after he'd been released from WCW, then never seen again.

Who was "Antifaz Del Norte" as well? I haven't heard of that guy outwith ECW.

Thank you much.

Edited by bAzTNM

• Paid Members
I remember a Purple-suited Undertaker bodybagging opponents in 95, so your right. The was a period where he'd bring a coffin to the ring every match in the leadup to the Yokozuna match, so a bodybag as well would be a bit OTT.

I had assumed he'd dropped that gimmick by the time he returned in purple as he'd turned face by then. Thanks to you, and everyone for sharing their memories on this though :thumbsup:

In other matches on 8/30, Chris Adams & Kendo Nagasaki & Pirata Morgan won 2/3 falls from Kevin Von Erich & Mascara Sagrada & Atlantis when Morgan pinned Sagrada with a splash off the top rope to build up their title match next week,

Nagasaki just looked like Nagasaki.

From a 1991 Wrestling Observer report on a Arena Mexico show. My question......Kendo Nagasaki did lucha?? Was this the British Kendo? Has anyone got more details.

I doubt it very much. There was a Japanese Kendo Nagasaki too, and I think there may have been another one somewhere too. I suspect this was the Japanese one, as he was garbage guy and Herb's comment there hints at that. If it was the British guy he'd have specifically said so, as no-one in America would have any idea who he is.

wikipedia says the japanese version wrestled a lot in america so it will mostt likely be him (as has been said)

A Japanese wrestler named Kazuo Sakurada also used a variation of the gimmick in the United States during the early 1980s. He would wrestle in the American Wrestling Association, Florida Championship Wrestling, and Continental Wrestling Federation before going on to wrestle on WCW television, changing his ring name to The Dragonmaster and joining the J-Tex Corporation stable.

more on him here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazuo_Sakurada

My question:

I'm assuming most people on here are familiar with the clip. If not, here it is:

I've heard mutterings from people who say it's a work, it's real etc, but does anyone have ANY proof for either argument?

Cheers in advance.

(I posted this in a thread by itself, as I didn't see this thread. Despite being pinned. FFS)

I don't have proof but I'd say it's worked, purely because they could've dumped to commercial at any point but didn't, the interview went to a logical conclusion, and the commercial kick in straight after.

...and finally was the Umaga gimmick originally conceived for Samoa Joe

many thanks

Not so much answering your question (although I have heard that he was offered the Umaga gimmick, but only from news sites) but adding to it.

There was a podcast interview with Samoa Joe, AJ Styles and Petey Williams on The Sun website a while back. In the description it says Joe talks about his 'secret' meeting with Umaga during Wrestlemania weekend. Has anyone listened to this, as I was just wondering what was said etc?

• Paid Members

I know it's a bit late, but The Giant had a short-lived post-match thing where he'd smoke and sprinkle ash on his opponents post-match. Didn't go down well and was understandably dropped.

As for Barrence, Super Calo is still about, last I heard he was working for AAA. He lost his mask in 2007 though, and lost his hair this year.

Antifaz Del Norte was.. Antifaz Del Norte, sometimes just Antifaz. He doesn't have any other aliases of major note. Again, still around as far as I know. His luchaWiki profile picture shows him looking rather ripped, which I don't remember him being during his ECW appearances.

His luchawiki page does give me a follow up question though. It says he went by "Manuel Gomez" in the WWF. When, what, how, who, why etc.?

http://www.luchawiki.org is your friend. Really useful site.

• Paid Members
His luchawiki page does give me a follow up question though. It says he went by "Manuel Gomez" in the WWF. When, what, how, who, why etc.?

I thought it might have been something to do with Los Boricuas but a quick look tells me that was actually Miguel Perez. So yeah, anyone else?