UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

and, why did the WWF downgrade "In Your House" to a tagline for the rest of their PPVs that had IYH in the title after IYH 16:Canadian Stampede?

Branding no doubt. If you think, we'd be up to about IYH 2349 or something by now. Doesn't look good on the poster.

PPV identity is also a good reason I guess, so much easier to relate to past say, Unforgivens' than saying "and who can remember last years IYH 29 ... etc."

Edited by klown

• Paid Members

The original In Your House shows were two hours and a reduced price ($15 rather than $30), so the IYH name was part of the branding. After Canadian Stampede they went to three hours for full price, so it made sense to give each show its own identity and make them feel like 'full size' shows just like the rest.

and, why did the WWF downgrade "In Your House" to a tagline for the rest of their PPVs that had IYH in the title after IYH 16:Canadian Stampede?

Branding no doubt. If you think, we'd be up to about IYH 2349 or something by now. Doesn't look good on the poster.

Your maths is atrocious! Three more in 1997, 7 per year from 98-2002, 8 per year from 2003-2008 and generously adding about 15 to keep in line with all those extra shows they added the last couple of years and you'd still have only just about cracked 100 late last/earlier this year.

Also, I seem to remember the video cassettes and promotional posters keeping the In Your House logo (albiet tiny, squashed up in the corner and not really mentioned by the announcers or anyone) through to at least D-Generation-X or possibly as far as No Way Out Of Texas.

51XKPM58P3L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Last one to have the 'traditional' IYH logo.

71WF7ZMTRBL._SL500_AA280_.gif

Still kept the IYH name on the boxes from IYH 20, Feb 98.

71T1CSTHFEL._SL500_AA280_.gif

Still doing it for IYH 26, Dec. 98.

295eaew.jpg

Backlash in April 1999 had the IYH suffix on the posters but not the VHS. I think it was the last time they used it.

/GEEK.

• Paid Members

A couple of quick questions cause I havn't been paying attention too much lately;

On Raw; In kayfabe terms, are Santino and Beth meant to be a couple? Or are they only a couple in Santino's eyes and she sees him as a pain in the arse?

On Smackdown; Where is Edge? I assumed that he was going to be off tv for a few weeks selling being sent to hell at Summerslam, but he still isnt back yet. So, whats the story with him? Is he injured? When is he due to return?

Roadkill is announced as being from Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, which is the home of the Amish community. I imagine that the Amish are the butt of a lot of rural jokes (like Welsh people are in England) given the way that they choose to live their lives.

• Paid Members

I have a question regarding a match between Randy Savage and Rick Steiner match I just watched on YouTube from a New Japan show. It's quite funny and I never knew it existed until about 20 minutes ago.

How does the popularity compare between Savage and Rick Steiner in Japan. Rick Steiner gets a ridicious reaction for the pops he was getting at the time in WCW and he goes over.

Here's the match by the way.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z5F736zh_k&...feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-_PBVnbcJOk&...feature=related

A couple of quick questions cause I havn't been paying attention too much lately;

On Raw; In kayfabe terms, are Santino and Beth meant to be a couple? Or are they only a couple in Santino's eyes and she sees him as a pain in the arse?

On Smackdown; Where is Edge? I assumed that he was going to be off tv for a few weeks selling being sent to hell at Summerslam, but he still isnt back yet. So, whats the story with him? Is he injured? When is he due to return?

Beth/Santino are a "couple". It all started after Beth beat Santino once, and they shared a "passionate" kiss after aguing. It developed fairly quickly in to what you see now. But quite regularly Beth sees him as a pain in the arse as well.

Edge is still selling the injuries from Summerslam, and if the internet reports are anything to go by, he is due back pretty much anytime soon. I'd guess he may have some interfering part at Survivor Series in either the Taker/Show or Kozlov/HHH match

I have a question regarding a match between Randy Savage and Rick Steiner match I just watched on YouTube from a New Japan show. It's quite funny and I never knew it existed until about 20 minutes ago.

How does the popularity compare between Savage and Rick Steiner in Japan. Rick Steiner gets a ridicious reaction for the pops he was getting at the time in WCW and he goes over.

Here's the match by the way.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z5F736zh_k&...feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-_PBVnbcJOk&...feature=related

Savage was as big a star as anyone who was a top guy in the States but had never really worked in Japan. Steiner was one half of the most popular team in Japan since the Road Warriors. It's easy to forget just what a huge deal the Steiners were in early to mid 90s New Japan. They were MASSIVE.

Perhaps (or perhaps not) a tricky question...

Which wrestler has been with WWE the longest without appearing in a Wrestlemania?

It used to be Stevie Richards, but he left so I'm not sure. Kendrick has been with WWE since 2002 (on and off) which would perhaps make him the longest, but obviously that was interrupted.

In terms of longest uninterrupted without a Wrestlemania of the current roster, I'd take a guess at Gene Snitsky, but I may be way off.

Perhaps (or perhaps not) a tricky question...

Which wrestler has been with WWE the longest without appearing in a Wrestlemania?

It used to be Stevie Richards, but he left so I'm not sure. Kendrick has been with WWE since 2002 (on and off) which would perhaps make him the longest, but obviously that was interrupted.

In terms of longest uninterrupted without a Wrestlemania of the current roster, I'd take a guess at Gene Snitsky, but I may be way off.

Thats a tricky one, as a lot of the roster appears on the DVD versions, due to the dark match Battle Royal

hmmmm...starts thinking