UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

It was the most obvious plant ever. Sorry, but how can anyone think that was real? The camera goes straight to him as he jumps the barrier, security tackle him and Hogan and Savage lays in worked punches on him and then roll him into the ring! They even do the hold "hold him and I'll punch him, brother" spot that every double team involves. The youtube comments are hilarious. The amount of people who believe that was real shocks me. Hogan and Savage would have still been in jail now if that was real. They walk over him the "fan" and give him a double kicking. Breaking up security guards to kick the shit out of a fan for 2 minutes is surely 15 years.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Yeah, its hardly that time Ric Flair punched that fan in the build up to his match with the Undertaker. I mean you can tell that guy isn't a wrestler just by looking at him.

Yes, okay, that was mean, but Paul London was one of the blandest looking people ever. For a guy who does shoots high you think he'd have a more out there look.

• Paid Members

Regarding the Triple H v The Rock match that was best out of three falls for the IC title in 1998 (can't remember the event).

There's a bit where D'Lo Brown does a run-in and The Rock seems to distract the referee for ages and no-one seems to know what's going on. Was D'Lo just really late for that spot or was The Rock too early?

As a kid I remember them advertising Bulldog vs Mountie for the IC strap on TV and being excited for the match, then being shell shocked when Michaels beat Bulldog.

But yeah he did wrestle as IC champ in between against jobbers, including one match I remember with a young Louie Spicolli.

Edited by TheShowOff

• Paid Members
Regarding the Triple H v The Rock match that was best out of three falls for the IC title in 1998 (can't remember the event).

It was Fully Loaded, including the dungeon match in Stu's basement with Owen and Shamrock and the tag main to bridge the Austin, Taker, Kane and Foley story's.

I can't actually answer you question though, I'm sorry to say.

• Paid Members
Did Davey Boy Smith ever actually defend the IC title? The only 2 times I recall seeing him with the belt was when he won it and then when he lost it.

He beat Repo Man on a Superstars and Kamala by count-out on an episode of Prime Time during the "Paul Bearer brings a coffin to ringside and Kamala runs away" run.

• Paid Members

It was Fully Loaded, including the dungeon match in Stu's basement with Owen and Shamrock and the tag main to bridge the Austin, Taker, Kane and Foley story's.

I can't actually answer you question though, I'm sorry to say.

No worries, Tommy!, but it has reminded me that I should try rewatching that event as a whole as I love the Dungeon match.