UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Hardy's a much better fit for WWE than TNA. He's a kid-friendly, merchandise-shifting babyface whose offence is as unwavering as a pendulum and whose selling gets the crowd going. What he's not really good at is putting together spectacular wrestling matches, outside of ones where he can risk his life (such as his forte, the ladder match).

In WWE, he can be positioned at the top of a brand and fed a succession of large, scary but ultimately sacrificable heels. That's the roster they've got. TNA has a much stronger roster of characterful, interesting, technically excellent wrestlers who are all allowed (rightly or wrongly) to share the spotlight. Even their heels are ace (Bully, Daniels, Roode, Aries). Hardy just sticks out like a sore thumb, and is such a pissant that I, for one, have a hard time imagining him beating anyone.

Apologies if I've asked this before but I remember watching an episode of Impact in the days where Bravo showed them everyday for about three months during the summer where Team 3D came out and challenged a team for the tag titles (It may have been LAX but I can't confirm) where they offered to put their "legacy" in the form of their numerous replicas of the tag belts they had won in every other federation on the line in order to get this shot.

Did this promo and resulting match actually ever happen? Or have I just made this up?

• Paid Members

Quick scan of their Wiki page shows nothing, but I might've missed it (or it might not have been included even if it happened). They did win the IWGP belts in 2009 (I think) so it might be worth looking around that sort of time.

• Paid Members

Ian wins that round. Good find!EDIT: and iamtheman tops it. I've spent a lot of my wrestling fandom being bored shitless of the Dudleys, but tossing the belts out like that was cool as shit.

Edited by opcws

Hardy's a much better fit for WWE than TNA. He's a kid-friendly, merchandise-shifting babyface whose offence is as unwavering as a pendulum and whose selling gets the crowd going. What he's not really good at is putting together spectacular wrestling matches, outside of ones where he can risk his life (such as his forte, the ladder match).

That's not true. He might be total shit in TNA for all I know, but then he's a genuine WWE star who barely cared then so I wouldn't expect wonders out of him in the smaller leagues. But he had some cracking non-gimmick matches when he had his head right in his 2007-2009 big run. Certainly with Umaga, Triple H, Orton, Edge, Punk, Morrison. He will always shine more in matches suited to daredevil moves, but he's underrated in standard matches as well. Partly because when he can't be arsed and he's on the smack, he's had some stinkers. Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

From what I've seen of him over the years, he works as hard as his opponent are willing to push him. Like Angle or Aries this year has went for it and Hardy has followed the pace of the match and had some great matches. If he's in there with someone who isn't having a good night, he's not forcing himself to go all out to make it a good match. He's capable of carrying his weight for sure, though. He's had some cracking matches in WWE and TNA.