UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Just been watching the Raw: The Beginning DVD set, and as an extra they included that Bret Hart promo video where that kid shouts 'BRET!!!!' and tells him to 'Go get 'em champ!'. I swear I read that kid grew up to be either a wrestler or a commentator but buggered if I can remember. Anyone know who he is?

Just looking at a Wrestling Observer from 1993:

A group called Wrestling Around the World: Wrestling with Rules, run by Jackie Pallo, the Gorgeous George

of England who was a major wrestling/television celebrity in the 60s, with Lanny Poffo as booker, debuted

with a terrible television taping in front of 300 fans in the 6,500 seat Aladdin Hotel arena in Las Vegas.

Most of the matches consisted of Pallo's British wrestlers against Americans, with the British wrestlers

always being the babyfaces and always winning. The best of the group was said to be Golden Boy Paul

Tyrone, who has wrestled for about 12 years in England. Most of the rest of them were newcomers.

Matches were fought with four, four minute long rounds, with yellow cards for warnings for rule violations

and red cards as disqualifications as in old-style British wrestling and Calgary wrestling, taken from soccer.

None of the younger British wrestlers showed any potential. Buddy Rose did jobs as did former Texas star

Scott Casey. Other "name" wrestlers on the show were Tito Santana, Bob Orton, Jimmy Snuka, and Col.

DeBeers.

Anyone know anymore about this? which british guys worked on it? I think I recall Andre Baker being involved for some reason but thats all I really know. Anymore info would be interesting.

• Paid Members
I seem to remember Austin slashing someones ear once when he did his jump on the back while they're laid across the middle rope move, can anyone remember who it was against and when it was?

I believe this is what you're looking for?

Just after the 4 minute mark. Broken knee brace turns out badly for Taker.

I seem to remember Austin slashing someones ear once when he did his jump on the back while they're laid across the middle rope move, can anyone remember who it was against and when it was?

I believe this is what you're looking for?

Just after the 4 minute mark. Broken knee brace turns out badly for Taker.

Cheers, that's the one, looked sore as fuck

Thanks for that. Am surprised they didn't have a proper feud together.

I think they were only very rarely both active and on opposite sides of the face/heel fence at the same time. Piper hardly had any feuds from WrestleMania III onwards, he'd usually just pop up in someone's corner. I wish they'd done Piper vs Savage at WrestleMania VI, though. They could have done Dusty Rhodes vs Bad News Brown. Dusty's whole personality and voice are far more racially offensive than Piper half-blacking up.

Edited by King Pitcos