UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
from what i understand he has a 2 year contract with them, but i'm guessing when he's not being used, he can do what he likes.

I think that's the case with quite a lot of TNA contracted talent. For example, I saw Doug Williams for WAW in Norwich the other week, and Robbie E was over for another company in the UK that weekend.

IIRC, isn't the rule of thumb most of the talent can take outside bookings provided the company they're going to work for don't have TV?

• Paid Members
from what i understand he has a 2 year contract with them, but i'm guessing when he's not being used, he can do what he likes.

I think that's the case with quite a lot of TNA contracted talent. For example, I saw Doug Williams for WAW in Norwich the other week, and Robbie E was over for another company in the UK that weekend.

IIRC, isn't the rule of thumb most of the talent can take outside bookings provided the company they're going to work for don't have TV?

Depending on how they work these days, i know alot of talent can be booked Via talking with TNa to make sure of relevent fees, available times etc, but that is something they would/should know whilst taking bookings.

All Talents are allowed to work for any other company provided they do not appear on TV or PPVs unless authorised by the company. They can do live events for anybody else, practically barring national companies, (WWE,ROH, DGUSA etc).

Hey guys, its been a long time. I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but does anyone have invites for PWTorrents and Xtreme Wrestling Torrents they could give me? I'd like to be able to use both as I'm looking to catch up on some old wrestling as well as some of the newer stuff, and I can guarantee I'll keep a good ratio. If anyone can help please drop me a PM, thanks :)

Hey guys, its been a long time. I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but does anyone have invites for PWTorrents and Xtreme Wrestling Torrents they could give me? I'd like to be able to use both as I'm looking to catch up on some old wrestling as well as some of the newer stuff, and I can guarantee I'll keep a good ratio. If anyone can help please drop me a PM, thanks :)

Dropped you a PM regarding this. :thumbsup:

IIRC, making "American Dragon" a masked gimmick was something he'd toyed with in the early days of his career, and then when he went to Japan & Europe he revisited it.

At the time there was talk he was quite firm about continuing to wear the mask outside the US until he lost it in stip matches on both continents, hence wearing it for the FWA match in the middle of an All-Star tour, despite each organisation booking him as a very different entity (RoH star Bryan Danielson in FWA, good technical wrestler in a mask who didn't mind throwing in the odd 619 for the kids in All-Star). I don't think any such matches ever took place, however.

What a pillock. Not you, Bryan. He must have thought he could get the fans to care about the mask gimmick. :rolleyes:

• Paid Members
What a pillock. Not you, Bryan. He must have thought he could get the fans to care about the mask gimmick. :rolleyes:

Given everything I've read about Bryan and his attitude to wrestling, I'd say it's more likely that he wanted the experience of wrestling under a mask regularly so that he wouldn't do a Super Liger if a big company called. He WAS working for All Star to learn the British style after all, despite having had a WWE contract offer on the table for years.

Or he figured it'd be fun.

Whatever happened to ECW's "911"? He seemed to be very popular in the early days of Extreme Championship Wrestling. He left quite sudden.

He went to WCW for more money.

He was a big guy that could do a good chokeslam but not much else so that's pretty much all ECW booked him to do. He got really over, started to believe he was a superstar and demanded more money which ECW refused.

WCW signed him, named him "Big Al" and just used him to put other people over, which is really all he was good for.

Given everything I've read about Bryan and his attitude to wrestling, I'd say it's more likely that he wanted the experience of wrestling under a mask regularly so that he wouldn't do a Super Liger if a big company called. He WAS working for All Star to learn the British style after all, despite having had a WWE contract offer on the table for years.

Or he figured it'd be fun.

Whatever happened to ECW's "911"? He seemed to be very popular in the early days of Extreme Championship Wrestling. He left quite sudden.

He went to WCW for more money.

He was a big guy that could do a good chokeslam but not much else so that's pretty much all ECW booked him to do. He got really over, started to believe he was a superstar and demanded more money which ECW refused.

WCW signed him, named him "Big Al" and just used him to put other people over, which is really all he was good for.

Wasnt his nameTombstone in WCW?

He went under both says Wiki.

Yeah he wrestled under both names, but be careful not to get him mixed up with the other "Big Al" from just a few years later in WCW. The other Al was the chump that Tank Abbott had that insane "skins" match with, where Tank threatened to cut his throat with a knife, while Skeevone shit his pants and tried to pass it off as "Tank's got scissors, he's going to cut Al's beard".