UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

This'll be the first year in a while I haven't had Sky or Virgin to order the Rumble. What are WWE like with shutting down streams for it?

And while we're at it, in preparation, what are they like for Mania?

Edited by Slapnut

Did Shawn Michaels have any televised matches between the Rockers breakup and the '92 Rumble?

I don't think so. I remember having this same thought a while back, and if memory serves, other than some SWS/WWF crossover stuff where he teamed with Japanese guys or WWF heels (which I don't think was televised), they had loads of Rockers stuff already filmed from December (including the Barber Shop segment) that carried the breakup on TV all the way to the Rumble.

Again, I'm going off memory a bit here, but IIRC, they filmed the Barber Shop segment well early in December, and The Rockers still did a shitload more house shows together safe in the knowledge that the breakup segment wasn't going out on TV until early '92.

Did Shawn Michaels have any televised matches between the Rockers breakup and the '92 Rumble?

I don't think so. I remember having this same thought a while back, and if memory serves, other than some SWS/WWF crossover stuff where he teamed with Japanese guys or WWF heels (which I don't think was televised), they had loads of Rockers stuff already filmed from December (including the Barber Shop segment) that carried the breakup on TV all the way to the Rumble.

Again, I'm going off memory a bit here, but IIRC, they filmed the Barber Shop segment well early in December, and The Rockers still did a shitload more house shows together safe in the knowledge that the breakup segment wasn't going out on TV until early '92.

Going by the historyofwwe site, I think you're right, although i'm a bit surprised as I would have guessed otherwise and said he'd had a Superstars or Challenge debut in the new gimmick.

You're definitely right regarding the Rockers still teaming for a while after the barber shop incident was filmed, as I remember finding out a few years back that the barber shop incident was actually taped at the This Tuesday In Texas taping.

Was Jannetty gone by the Rumble, or was he just being kept off tv to sell the injury before returning to build to WM8? I always wondered whether the he was planned to make an appearance in some way. It wasn't the type of incident that absolutely needed a long layoff, they could have given him a brutus/virgil mask or something

• Moderators
Was Jannetty gone by the Rumble, or was he just being kept off tv to sell the injury before returning to build to WM8? I always wondered whether the he was planned to make an appearance in some way. It wasn't the type of incident that absolutely needed a long layoff, they could have given him a brutus/virgil mask or something

On an episode of Superstars at the start of 92 at the end of the show they said Jannetty would be on the show in action the next week, and he wasn't and disappeared until the end of the year seemingly.

• Paid Members

On an episode of Superstars at the start of 92 at the end of the show they said Jannetty would be on the show in action the next week, and he wasn't and disappeared until the end of the year seemingly.

Pretty much spot on, back then it was usually about 4 weeks of TV filmed at tapings and with the Rumble happening on Jan 19th that year and the Barbershop incident airing on IIRC Jan 6th, then you don't need Michaels wrestling singles matches. They had other stuff to build up and I'm sure it more than likely got a mention on Mean Gene's update segment.

Interesting, cheers. So if what was probably planned a few weeks in advance came to fruition, the Rumble could have been even better as Jannetty and the Hitman would no doubt be involved.

Not a bad couple of matches for the heartbreak kid to begin and end his career in....

From Wrestling Challenge 92

1/8/92; Ft. Myers, FL; Lee Civic Center

2/2/92:

Marty Jannetty pinned Bob Mason at 2:55 with the Rocker Dropper