UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I'd imagine it was the WWF that time in 1998 when they brought Mabel back for a night and did a king of kings 4-way, and Jerry Lawler was there.

When was the four way? I only remember Mabel losing quickly to Ken Shamrock during 1998.

There was a 3 way with Shamrock, Owen and HHH on the Raw after KOTR, then the week later Mabel challenged Shamrock. I don't recall any four way match.

Edited by bwo

• Paid Members

Was there a four way? I remember a Shamrock vs Owen vs Triple H King of Kings match, where Shamrock won. And then he beat King Mable. I remember an Observer audio update from a little bit ago, saying he was going to turn heel and wrestle Austin as well, and say he'd beaten all the Kings of the Ring expect Austin (they'd probably have even played footage of him making Bret Hart tap from the previous year, as well if that was the whole plan). But the Rock blew everyone away in 1998 and plans changed.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

1PW's July 09 show at Ice Sheffield. Had some ridiculous show title name like Steel City Ice Rage Meltdown or some shite.

Was never released on DVD and it even featured El Generico vs Jerry Lynn, Abyss vs Martin Stone and Bret Hart on the card.

1PW's July 09 show at Ice Sheffield. Had some ridiculous show title name like Steel City Ice Rage Meltdown or some shite.

Was never released on DVD and it even featured El Generico vs Jerry Lynn, Abyss vs Martin Stone and Bret Hart on the card.

That's a shame, wonder if it was filmed?

Just found out the other member was called Harry Mills. He still work? Maybe Mark Sloan can tell us.

Not sure if they were the same group in 1PW, but the original FWA:A chavs were Dan James, Harry Mills, Mark Haskins and Tommy Langford. Obviously, we all know about Haskins. Mills did an IPW:UK Portsmouth show or two. Not sure about the other two, perhaps they showed up in Hayling Island Wrestling?

Joel Redman was also a 'Chav' alongside Mills and Haskins on a couple of 1PW shows.

Just listening to Johnny Saint on Colt Cabana's podcast - which UK show did they wrestle on, was it any good and can someone point me in the direction of where to get the match if it was filmed?

It as filmed at a premier promotions show in 2004- october november time in potters bar at the Wyllots centre. I was in attendance and funnily enough complimented John Freemantle again recently on that show.

The filming was done for UK round up on the wrestling channel.

The rest of the card was Robbie Brookside Vs Dave Taylor, Paul Birchall Vs Kendo Ka Shin and Andy Simmons Vs Phil Powers.

One of my favorite shows of all time. I would imagine if you had the time to track it down there is a DVD somewhere

I'd imagine it was the WWF that time in 1998 when they brought Mabel back for a night and did a king of kings 4-way, and Jerry Lawler was there.

When was the four way? I only remember Mabel losing quickly to Ken Shamrock during 1998.

There was a 3 way with Shamrock, Owen and HHH on the Raw after KOTR, then the week later Mabel challenged Shamrock. I don't recall any four way match.

Yeah, I was just misremembering the two matches into one match.

Just listening to Johnny Saint on Colt Cabana's podcast - which UK show did they wrestle on, was it any good and can someone point me in the direction of where to get the match if it was filmed?

It as filmed at a premier promotions show in 2004- october november time in potters bar at the Wyllots centre. I was in attendance and funnily enough complimented John Freemantle again recently on that show.

The rest of the card was Robbie Brookside Vs Dave Taylor, Paul Birchall Vs Kendo Ka Shin and Andy Simmons Vs Phil Powers.

One of my favorite shows of all time. I would imagine if you had the time to track it down there is a DVD somewhere

It was a very good show, but you're misremembering an important part - Cabana wrestled Johnnt Kidd on that show, not Johnny Saint. The Saint/Cabana match happened on a 1PW show, but I'm not sure of which one.

• Paid Members
Here's one. When did Beefcake look like this:

86127812.jpg

Did he ever wrestle with this look. I can't remember.

He did indy dates looking like that in the early 2000s. Here he is here:

168410_10150125853676282_572896281_8316113_2283492_n.jpg

It was his post WCW biker look. He still occassionally looks like that. He's never changed since that facially or as far as his hair goes:

375562_10150532507244698_719789697_11644789_829241002_n.jpg

Brutus still looks good for his age. He's still got it in him to cheat on his wife with hot young Florida bitches and she wont leave him because he's obviously to good of a catch to let go due to something so trivial. I love Brutus.

• Paid Members

They also wrestled each other for 1PW in Sheffield in July 2009, on a show which also featured a Bret Hart appearance.

The Saint/Cabana match happened on a 1PW show, but I'm not sure of which one.

It's not like it wasn't already answered.... And then answered again above me :/