UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

What was the deal with the Smoking Skull belt in 1998/1999? My memory is a little hazy around that period. First Austin had it, then Rock had it, Rock threw it in the river, no he didn't he's got it at Austin's funeral. But Vince had it when he fired Austin at Breakdown the previous year.

Is there anywhere when I can get a timeline of it?

Not sure on timeline for Smoking Skull, but a brief history from my memory as at work at the moment

Austin Brought it in during 1999 I think not long after he won the belt back from Kane as he felt the WWF Title wasnt going to cut it.

Austin then took on Taker and Kane for the belt at Breakdown and had the double pin, where Vince took the belt of him and "Put it on his mantle piece"

After Austin won the belt at WM15 Mcmahon brought it back to taunt austin and the rock carried it around/ pretended to throw it in the river etc. The Rock carried it to the ring at Backlash 1999 and with Austin winning he took back his belt (it wasnt on the line as such just there for the taking). Austin then used this till Summerslam 99 when he lost the belt to mankind and then following this it was never seen again. Also they kept it to austin belt so when take was champ for a month in 1999 he used the normal belt.

Sadly Cenas belt stays and taunts us

And here it is at Fan Axxess. I like how they've tried to Get The F Out.

2qatff6.jpg

I wonder why they even bothered trying to get the red out of the F, below it is a label for Rock's Brahma Bull toy title I'm guessing, and it says WWF Championship on it.

I also have a question, does anyone know what the main event for King Of The Ring 2001 was going to be if Triple H didn't tear his quad?

Edited by ThePhenom

I wonder why they even bothered trying to get the red out of the F, below it is a label for Rock's Brahma Bull toy title I'm guessing, and it says WWF Championship on it.

I also have a question, does anyone know what the main event for King Of The Ring 2001 was going to be if Triple H didn't tear his quad?

Wwf is allowed. Wwf scratch logo is the problem. That's why old ppvs and merch don't get blurred or wwe'd

• Paid Members

I'd imagine Triple H vs Steve Austin. The finish of the tag team match on Raw the night he tore his quad (and the angle earlier in the night where HHH hinted that it was Austin's fault he no longer had the IC title) suggested that they were heading for a split. Or maybe they were going to be a four way match between Triple H, Austin, Benoit and Jericho. The only reason Triple H beat Austin relatively clear at No Way Out that year was to play into a feud later on where Triple H claimed he had beaten Austin already. They only teamed them up so a babyface Hunter could take on a heel Austin.

• Paid Members

I thought at the time they would go with Austin vs Jericho and Triple H vs Benoit for KOTR '01. And build Austin vs HHH for SummerSlam. If it was gonna be Austin vs HHH at KOTR I wonder what they'd have had Jericho and Benoit doing on that PPV?

• Paid Members
I thought at the time they would go with Austin vs Jericho and Triple H vs Benoit for KOTR '01. And build Austin vs HHH for SummerSlam. If it was gonna be Austin vs HHH at KOTR I wonder what they'd have had Jericho and Benoit doing on that PPV?

Yep that was the plan. Jericho mentions it in his 2nd book.

• Paid Members

Good stuff. I haven't even read Jericho's second book yet but it seemed like thats the way it was heading. HHH getting injured then Benoit fucking his neck up messed things up a bit there. At least we got the Austin/Angle feud though. That was the highlight of that summer in the WWF.

Wonder what they had planned for HHH and Benoit in the Invasion angle?