UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I was in WH Smiths earlier and started looking through the DX autobiography which is written by Triple H and Shawn Michaels (although, it probably isn't). It mentions at one point that, not long after the Corporation parody, the New Age Outlaws left DX and joined the Corporation. I can't remember this for the life of me, did it actually happen?

Strangely enough, a few pages later Triple H talks about his heel turn at Wrestlemania which left only X-Pac and the Outlaws in DX, completely contradicting the previous claim.

I remember the Corporation wanted the Outlaws to join them which ended in a will they/won't they story line for a few weeks.

The Outlaws swerved The Corporation in the end though.

I think I remember then actually joining for atleast one show too before swerving and turning on them. I distinctly remember Gunn and Road Dogg in suits with the Corporation, was it around WM15 when HHH and Chyna turned or a bit before that?

• Paid Members

Anyone know if Sky show a uncut version of WWE Vintage? Whenever I tape it, no matter what time it seems to be the censored version. Whilst I'm at it does anyone else have trouble series linking Vintage?

• Paid Members

Joanne Edwards (known as Jordan E) is on Come Dine With Me all this week. Apparently she's a wrestler. Anyone heard of her?

Also, her episode just finished and the old school "WOOOAHH WOOOAH WRESTLEMAAANIA!" tune played over the credits!

Edited by TripleA

Joanne Edwards (known as Jordan E) is on Come Dine With Me all this week. Apparently she's a wrestler. Anyone heard of her?

Also, her episode just finished and the old school "WOOOAHH WOOOAH WRESTLEMAAANIA!" tune played over the credits!

She's the wife of Psycho Steve, who i believe was once a Hammerlock guy (he was on Transatlantic Wrestling Challenge too i think).

Does anyone know (or have the inclination to check) how many times Kofi Kingston and Dolph Ziggler have actually wrestled each other on TV and pay-per-view since the 2010 Draft? Including tag and multi-man matches.

Singles matches it's something like 23 I read the other day.

Including tag team, triple threat, 4 ways etc. I counted 24 on thehistoryofwwe.com although as good of a website as it is, it does have a habit of missing newer stuff. Probably mostly good matches though.

that promo she cut would of been right at home in the PTW promotion

Mega-nerdy question. I was watching the Raw the night after Invasion from 2001, and during a few matches, I noticed that underneath the Raw trim around the ring, they had their WCW logo trim on aswell. A bit like when you'd see the Heat one underneath sometimes. It has been a good two or three weeks since they did any of the "WCW on WWF" matches that this was used with, does anybody know what this was actually there for? Did they do a WCW Metal match around this time or something like that? I'd be quite keen to see it if they did.

I know they did do a WCW match as the main event once on an episode of Sunday Night Heat but i'm unsure on who exactly was in it. I know it was a tag team match possibly featuring Sean O'Haire and Chuck Palumbo and IIRC they went the whole hog with trying to emphasise that it was a WCW match by having not only the WCW aprons and logos on the stage/entrance ramp but they also had a different commentary team(i forget who) which lead to Kevin Kelly bitching about how even the commentary desks were being invaded.

From memory any "WCW" matches with branding etc was before Invasion and also before the ECW guys came in, I think over 2 - 3 weeks following KOTR. This was due to Linda Mcmahon forcing Vince to allow Shane to promote his brand on TV, and after they had decided not to give them there own show as such.

When they had a match mostly on Smackdown or Heat (didnt watch Raw so not sure) they had the aforementioned WCW logo projected on the ramp, side screens and the apron (which I had forgotten)

The Announces were Arn Anderson and Scott Hudson (who didnt last long). Once the ECW guys joined in they dropped this immediately and went to just having Alliance vs WWF matches till after unforgiven when they started to promote WWF vs WWF feuds again and few alliance guys turned face and slyly joined the WWF sides with no reasoning, till it all faded away after survivor series

I know they did do a WCW match as the main event once on an episode of Sunday Night Heat but i'm unsure on who exactly was in it. I know it was a tag team match possibly featuring Sean O'Haire and Chuck Palumbo and IIRC they went the whole hog with trying to emphasise that it was a WCW match by having not only the WCW aprons and logos on the stage/entrance ramp but they also had a different commentary team(i forget who) which lead to Kevin Kelly bitching about how even the commentary desks were being invaded.

It couldn't have been that, Heat was taped before Smackdown in 2001. They might have used the WCW apron and Tron Graphics for Jakked/Metal that weekend, as every match was Alliance Vs WWF. Here's the card:

Jakked July 28th 2001 / Metal July 29th 2001

Shawn Stasiak pinned Haku at 2:53 by using the ropes for leverage

Crash Holly pinned Justin Credible at 3:00 with a roll up; after the bout, Credible hit the superkick on his opponent

Hurricane Helms & Chavo Guerrero Jr. defeated Taka Michinoku & Sho Funaki at 4:21 when Chavo pinned Taka with the brainbuster

Mark Jindrak pinned Jerry Lynn with a Tiger Bomb at 4:40

Edited by ThePhenom

It couldn't have been that, Heat was taped before Smackdown in 2001. They might have used the WCW apron and Tron Graphics for Jakked/Metal that weekend, as every match was Alliance Vs WWF. Here's the card:

Crash Holly pinned Justin Credible at 3:00 with a roll up; after the bout, Credible hit the superkick on his opponent

Hurricane Helms & Chavo Guerrero Jr. defeated Taka Michinoku & Sho Funaki at 4:21 when Chavo pinned Taka with the brainbuster

I reckon it must be a combination of something like one of these. The show in particular you've mentioned Dill would indeed be the one I'm on about, so I reckon the invasion carrying over to Metal by this point must still be why it was there. However, that episode with Kevin Kelly bitching on sounds great, might have to track that down. Cheers for the answers gents.

I reckon it must be a combination of something like one of these. The show in particular you've mentioned Dill would indeed be the one I'm on about, so I reckon the invasion carrying over to Metal by this point must still be why it was there. However, that episode with Kevin Kelly bitching on sounds great, might have to track that down. Cheers for the answers gents.

If you do find that Heat, could you let me know? I wouldn't mind seeing it my self. Might be hard to find though, as it would be the Channel 4 one your looking for, and not the MTV one with live commentary from WWF New York that are always online.