UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Who was the oriental lady that came "out of the crowd" to challenge Ivory for the Woman's Title, only to get well and truly roughed up by Nicole Bass? It happened on the Raw after KOTR 99. Cheers.

How queer, I watched that episode of Raw last week.

Malia Hosaka is the answer to your q.

Holy shit, that's where I recognised her! She was pretty awesome a few times I saw her in WCW. Thanks.

• Paid Members

This question may have been asked before, and it's more of a request for opinions, really, but has it occurred to anyone else that the shattering glass sound in Stone Cold's music may have been intended to have a double meaning? Specifically, the second, less obvious one being the sound representing the glass ceiling finally shattering for Steve Austin?

• Paid Members
This question may have been asked before, and it's more of a request for opinions, really, but has it occurred to anyone else that the shattering glass sound in Stone Cold's music may have been intended to have a double meaning? Specifically, the second, less obvious one being the sound representing the glass ceiling finally shattering for Steve Austin?

I very much doubt it. Steve Austin had the glass shatters music when he was in his post-King of the Ring down period where WWF had no idea what the fuck they were planning on doing with him. He was doing Free For All matches and pointless opening matches with the likes of Hunter Hearst Helmsley. It was only when Bret Hart requested to wrestle him (he'd impressed Hart on a tour of Europe before he left in March 1996) that WWF thought about pushing him anywhere near above midcard status. Mick Foley famously wrote in his book that WWF's merchandising man said to Austin and Foley "we dont see Steve as a marketable character at this point" while he was penning down ideas for a Mark Henry merchandise line. WWF wasnt seeing that glass ceiling broken anytime soon, Austin 3:16 promo or not.

Which always struck my as funny, when WWF said "WCW had no clue what to do with Austin". Well, from his debut as th Ringmaster and Austin just pissing about on Raw and Superstars after the KOTR 96, WWF didnt seem to no what to do with him either.

I very much doubt it. Steve Austin had the glass shatters music when he was in his post-King of the Ring down period where WWF had no idea what the fuck they were planning on doing with him. He was doing Free For All matches and pointless opening matches with the likes of Hunter Hearst Helmsley.

That's not true. When he came out for a promo at In Your House: Mind Game in September 1996, he still had the old Ringmaster music.

, where it was heard for the first time on pay-per-view.