UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I came on to ask exactly the same question, this is the first PPV I've ordered on my new HD box too.

I ordered it and pressed the button for it to be recorded. It is now showing up in my "Planner" saying it will be recorded and "This programme will be deleted at 11:59pm Wed 17"

If it is going to be deleted in 3 days time, doesn't that mean I can watch it anytime until then? :confused:

It's not going to be deleted until two weeks on Wednesday, surely!?

And yes, you can watch it any time in this period.

(Thanks for the link ButchReedMark, BTW, 'tis appreciated!)

I came on to ask exactly the same question, this is the first PPV I've ordered on my new HD box too.

I ordered it and pressed the button for it to be recorded. It is now showing up in my "Planner" saying it will be recorded and "This programme will be deleted at 11:59pm Wed 17"

If it is going to be deleted in 3 days time, doesn't that mean I can watch it anytime until then? :confused:

It's not going to be deleted until two weeks on Wednesday, surely!?

Indeed. :blush:

• Awards Moderator
You can record PPVs but it is just a bit of a faff doing it. You need to go into Settings then Manual Recording. Choose the SBO HD channel and set it between 00:55 and 04:00 then it should work.

Shit the bed, I never knew that.

Cheers for the info; my box doesn't seem to accept any manual time between 00:00 and 00:59, but works fine for any time from 01:00 onwards. Thanks again.

Who was the Black Scorpion in Smoky Mountain Wrestling? He was a big guy on the 1st TV show but after brutalising jobber Paul Miller, he got rolled up for the pin and basically looked like a fool. I don't know if he ever appeared again after that.

Those first TV shows have a 1991 copyright on them so I'm guessing they were taped a few months before they aired (airdate I have for it is Feb 92) so I wondered if that was Cornette's way of trying to fool people into thinking Ric Flair was coming in, post-WCW or was it just Cornette having a dig?

Also, what did Vladimir Koloff do in the business? Who was he? I know he worked UWF a little bit but that's all I know.

• Moderators

Sounds like Corny having a dig to me.

As an addition to your Abrams UWF question (Not enough discussion of that fed on these boards for my liking), does anyone know anything about Vladimir Koloff's manager Kevin Casey? The name sounds familar, like I should really know who he is.

STOP EVERYTHING AND ANSWER MY QUESTION!

Tonight, I was talking to my mate who is fairly reliable for stuff like this but only gives a bit of a shit about wrestling. Anyway, he said he was stumbling across some of the wilderness channels on Sky, and found WCW Sin! There was nothing on after it, and even the TV guide just listed it as "programmes start at 8.." or whatever it says. Completely unlisted and unrelated to whatever the fuck the channel was called. Somewhere on the EPG, there could be free WCW PPVs kicking around. I want to know more. Help these investigations.

Cheers

• Paid Members

Tonight, I was talking to my mate who is fairly reliable for stuff like this but only gives a bit of a shit about wrestling. Anyway, he said he was stumbling across some of the wilderness channels on Sky, and found WCW Sin! There was nothing on after it, and even the TV guide just listed it as "programmes start at 8.." or whatever it says. Completely unlisted and unrelated to whatever the fuck the channel was called. Somewhere on the EPG, there could be free WCW PPVs kicking around. I want to know more. Help these investigations.

Cheers

It was last weeks Impact, it just looked the same :)

As an addition to your Abrams UWF question (Not enough discussion of that fed on these boards for my liking), does anyone know anything about Vladimir Koloff's manager Kevin Casey? The name sounds familar, like I should really know who he is.

Michael J Fox played a character with that name on Scrubs, that's the only other time I can recall hearing that name.

• Paid Members
Why does an atomic drop not count as an illegal low blow?

I have no idea where, but somewhere I read a semi-kayfabed explanation that both the Atomic Drop and the Inverted Atomic Drop (although now I can't remember which way round they are - isn't the Inverted with the guy facing you, that looks more like it's a blow to the nuts?) are in fact blows to the base of the spine, not the nads.

Cheers

Did you find out in the end? I had a browse through Sumo TV, Body in Balance, LA Muscle TV ( Which is where my money is on) and MSK. They were the only ones I could find with Programmes start on.... on my EPG. Be nice to find out though!

Cheers

Did you find out in the end? I had a browse through Sumo TV, Body in Balance, LA Muscle TV ( Which is where my money is on) and MSK. They were the only ones I could find with Programmes start on.... on my EPG. Be nice to find out though!

I had a flick through too couldnt see anything though.

I watched a few more weeks of Smoky. I think The Black Scorpion was Carl Styles before he became Dutch Mantel's bodyguard. You can all sleep easy now.

Still don't know much about Vladimir Koloff though. :(