UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Do we have a list of things on WWE shows that Sky refused to air?

1. Trish Stratus "barking like a dog".

2. Lita's beatdown by Austin and Triple H

3. Undertaker slicing his wrists

4. Muhammad Hassan tries to behead the Undertaker

5. Katie Vick.

6. The "Mandible Claw" from about April 1996 to November 1996. Anybody remember that period? Any hard looking punches were bring censured by going to a crowd shot.

Any others? Cheers!

Edited by bAzTNM#1

6. The "Mandible Claw" from about August 1996 to November 1996. Anybody remember that period? Any hard looking punches were bring censured by going to a crowd shot.

Wasn't it always the same crowd shot? Cue person in plastic Kane mask looking shocked.

I think Sable's return/smooch with Torrie was cut from the UK broadcast of Smackdown, I remember her return being fairly shocking news at the time and then it never aired here. I think that was all down to broadcasting laws about advertising during shows, since it was a tie-in with Torrie's Playboy spread, and other Playboy-based angles got cut (though would air when Raw finally went live over here.)

• Paid Members

I imagine Sky cut most of the H.L.A action too.

Got the feeling they cut some of Three Minute Warning's beatdowns as well. I remember one were they might have taken out Mae Young.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Awards Moderator
I imagine Sky cut most of the H.L.A action too.

Got the feeling they cut some of Three Minute Warning's beatdowns as well. I remember one were they might have taken out Mae Young.

I can't blame Sky if they cut that segment, I find it pretty hard to watch. Brutal... And didn't serve any purpose in the long term, since 3MW were nonentities just six months later.

Did Sky cut the Dudleys' putting of various women through tables (including Moolah)? I remember C4 did, and in fact that was one of the reasons they cancelled Heat.

Edited by Loki

Do we have a list of things on WWE shows that Sky refused to air?

1. Trish Stratus "barking like a dog".

2. Lita's beatdown by Austin and Triple H

3. Undertaker slicing his wrists

4. Muhammad Hassan tries to behead the Undertaker

5. Katie Vick.

6. The "Mandible Claw" from about April 1996 to November 1996. Anybody remember that period? Any hard looking punches were bring censured by going to a crowd shot.

Any others? Cheers!

Sky was terrible in 1996 I noticed at times comparing the US tapes I aquired to the UK versions I recorded.

The cornette line "you laid your bed, and you tried to get Diana in it" got cut as they went to break after the slap.

Alot of the Taker/Mankind angles got cut like the locking up in the casket while it got hit by a stick.

All the Sable Playboy stuff in 1999 got cut as well.

For Superstars I do remember watching the JBL/HBK match and when Shawn goes for SCM the screen flickers a white flash just as the foot hits the chin. I remember on some bits when they panned to the crowd it was some guy shouting something like you sold out or something where he points to the ring 3 times.

Powerslam magazine once claimed that a HBK interview by Pillman in the ring was shown on Raw but I dont recall it on the UK version.

Plenty of Stone Cold fingers were edited as you can see in 1999 they focussed on Steves face more during the UK airing where you see the finger in the states. Even at times with beer drinking they were doing wide shots for no reason on UK tv or at times we got a edited ending of the show where the copyright info at the end of the broadcast looked a different place to what US got.

• Moderators
Did Sky cut the Dudleys' putting of various women through tables (including Moolah)? I remember C4 did, and in fact that was one of the reasons they cancelled Heat.

The reason they were cancelling heat was decided just 3 weeks into their contract on Channel 4. Mae Young's prosthetic tits at the Rumble.

I'm pretty sure most of the stuff involving Brock Lensar giving Zach Gowen(and possibly others) a shit kicking got cut out from Smackdown, i know the segment where he threw him down a flight of stairs while he was in a wheelchair definitely didn't make it in over here.

Edited by insert_name_here

They used to cut out the opening pyro, and any wrestlers whose entrance had flashing lights whenever Smackdown was shown on Sky One.Don't know why the didn't just throw up the epileptic warning like they when it was shown on Sky Sports.Cut out the usual chair shots etc too,which used to annoy me no end as a teenager with no access to Sky Sports.