UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
The sad thing is that it's nowhere near as important a belt as the old WCW or WWF belt was, due to the company having 2 "champions" with no clear distinction between them.

Doesn't help that for over 3 years it's been the Smackdown belt which long has been regarded as the less important of the two shows, more so now in the "3 hour Raw Supershow" era than ever before. To be honest though when my mate asks me "who's champion at the moment?" I always tell him who has the Big Gold Belt and he always interrupts with "nah, nah... the WWF title. The real title."

• Paid Members
At one time, the WCW champion was also recognized as the NWA champion,

Only one time. Ric Flair in 1991. When he fucked off to the WWF, WcW had Luger/Windham for the WcW title, the NWA crowned their next champion after over a year of fannying around via Masa Chono winning the G1 Climax in 1992. After Flair, the lineages were seperate forever.

Yep. The NWA didn't even strip Flair of the Title until a good few months after he'd signed for the WWF and well after WCW had already put their Title on Luger. Oh, and Fujinami won the NWA World Title from Flair but not the WCW World Title which makes it even clearer that the Titles were separate.

With the titles, The Us title is practically the same title just re-named each time, as WCW kept the US title on whilst the NWA just stopped recognizing it. After is was unified in WWE, they brought it back, announcing it was the same title just re-branded for the WWE.

Actually, the NWA never officially recognised a United States Champion. Their rules only prevented members from promoting their own singles World Champions so there were a few different NWA United States Champions going about at one point as Promoters figured it was the next best thing.

It's the same with the NWA World Tag Team Titles. The first champions to be recognised by the NWA were Williams and Gordy in 1992. Everything before that was JCP/WCW's version of the Titles.

• Paid Members
Yep. The NWA didn't even strip Flair of the Title until a good few months after he'd signed for the WWF and well after WCW had already put their Title on Luger.

I loved that.

"Hmm? What's that Mr Herd? Flair won't sign a new deal and you've fired him? Terribly sorry, we don't give a shit. He's our champion, not yours, and we don't care that he doesn't want to work for you any more."

"Flair just turned up on Prime Time with our belt."

"Oh, for fuck's sake...."

A really stupid question, but something that's intrigued me:-

Where a wrestler is out of action for a time, whether through injury or nothing from creative, how do they get back into ring shape for their return. Is it a case of training in a ring, or having behind closed door matches, or just going out there and getting on with it?

A really stupid question, but something that's intrigued me:-

Where a wrestler is out of action for a time, whether through injury or nothing from creative, how do they get back into ring shape for their return. Is it a case of training in a ring, or having behind closed door matches, or just going out there and getting on with it?

I'd presume a lot of it would be to do with your talent/experience level. For example, remember reading Shawn Michaels book and he mentioned that whilst he started having closed door drills with HHH, he eventually decided to wing it and just going out there and getting at SUmmerslam 02.

On the other hand, think Lance Storm had a few sessions training/ closed door matches with Jericho and perhaps some of his students.