UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

They even billed him as "The Boss" until a threat of some pesky legal action from Titan prompted them to refashion him into Guardian Angel, which utterly bombed, and eventually they turmed him and he reverted to the Big Bubba character we all knew and, err, loved.

They should have had him play Bruce Springsteen.

Knee injury, led to him putting on some weight.

Anyway, question... Who the fuck is Neil Faith? He's blatantly made his own wikipedia, but looking at it I surely should have at least heard of him but I haven't.

Only time I've ever seen/heard of Neil Faith was on an IWW wrestling special on The Wrestling Channel, taking on Cannonball Grizzly.

This discussion of the Bossman got me thinking about that old Wrestlecrap clip of him as the Guardian Angel, where he says 'the referee wasn't even supposed to be in the RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!' in full-on Clay Davis style. Used to piss myself laughing every time I heard it, but it's not on the Wrestlecrap site these days. Does anyone know where I can find it?

Has anyone met an openly gay wrestling fan?

I have. I met a couple that were openly gay on a couple of occasions at both conventions and actual shows.

What a strange question.

I have heard of a "scene" in the homosexual world, in which these particular chaps will try and "book" a wrestler to come around there house and wrestle them. I'm not sure if any of the intended wrestlers have ever done this, but I hear they offer good money!

The official term is "Grapple Gays". Apparently there is a face book group where UK wrestlers play a sort of "Top Trumps" style game, comparing the "Grapple gays" who follow them.

• Paid Members
This discussion of the Bossman got me thinking about that old Wrestlecrap clip of him as the Guardian Angel, where he says 'the referee wasn't even supposed to be in the RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!' in full-on Clay Davis style. Used to piss myself laughing every time I heard it, but it's not on the Wrestlecrap site these days. Does anyone know where I can find it?

http://www.thewrestlinglegendsforum.com/wr...angel/angel.wav

• Paid Members
How come the WWF got away with changing Miss Kitty to The Kat while WCW had The Cat? Surely one letter isn't enough to avoid a lawsuit, especially since they used to love suing the shite out of each other

I would imagine it's (1) because "The Cat" is such a generic term that it'd be next to impossible to enforce a copyright claim on it (2) The Kat was clearly not trying to pass herself off as Ernest Miller in any way, shape or form so it isn't like fans were being misled (3) WCW simply didn't give a shit.

Did WCW really sue the WWF that much during the Monday Night Wars? I've got a vague, possibly false, memory of them counter suing during the Outsiders angle but other than that I can only remember the lawsuits going the other way?

• Paid Members
Did WCW really sue the WWF that much during the Monday Night Wars? I've got a vague, possibly false, memory of them counter suing during the Outsiders angle but other than that I can only remember the lawsuits going the other way?

Didn't WCW try to sue somebody after the "Billionaire Ted" skits?