UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

What is Terry Funk's book like? I didn't realise he had one until I saw it on Amazon. It's called Terry Funk: The Hardcore Legend. Seeing as I hadn't heard anything about it I thought i'd ask on here before buying.

Cheers

It's not terribly well written, but I enjoyed it. It's slow going at first, but there's a lot of good annecdotes. I wouldn't pay the prices Amazon seems to be asking but it's worth picking up if you can find it for a fiver or so. Hope that helps!

• Paid Members
Anyone know how long Smart Mark Video take to deliver these days? Not ordered from them in years and I'm trying to fight the urge to spend some of my wages on an old Chikara Tag World Grand Prix or King of Trios.

My last order from them (the Chikara 'Best of's 2009 and 2010, plus 2010 KoT) arrived in about a week.

• Paid Members
Why is Hardy's finish called the Swanton Bomb as opposed to the Senton Bomb?

I assume its to differentiate it, a senton wouldn't have the flip and would just be the diving back splash.

I await being proved wrong.

Why is Hardy's finish called the Swanton Bomb as opposed to the Senton Bomb?

Why is Batista's finish called the Batista Bomb as opposed to the Sit-out Powerbomb?

Why is The Rock's finish called the People's Elbow as opposed to the Running Elbow Drop With Histrionics?

Why is JN Phoenix's finisher called the Dr Pepper Plunge and not the Stupid Twig-Legged Backyard Cunt Being Stupid/Accident Waiting To Happen?

Have you seriously never come across wrestlers giving their signature moves specific names before?

Edited by King Pitcos

The Batista Bomb, I'd imagine, is named after Batista. The People's Elbow is named after Rock's catchphrase of 'the People' s champ'. Is Jeff Hardy doing a swan gimmick these days? Your examples aren't related.

They used to call it the Senton Bomb which was what I thought a back splash was. I think the answer must be, like someone said, that it's a shortening of swan-dive Senton.

• Paid Members
The Batista Bomb, I'd imagine, is named after Batista. The People's Elbow is named after Rock's catchphrase of 'the People' s champ'. Is Jeff Hardy doing a swan gimmick these days? Your examples aren't related.

That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard anyone say.

They used to call it the Senton Bomb which was what I thought a back splash was. I think the answer must be, like someone said, that it's a shortening of swan-dive Senton.

That isn't one of the stupidest things I've ever heard anyone say.

I dunno, I think there's potential for a gimmick there. A wrestler who starts off being really shit, constantly losing, and sulks about it for a while and then suddenly becomes the best wrestler ever, winning all his matches and suddenly showing off his charisma. Make it so.

That isn't one of the stupidest things I've ever heard anyone say.

Why is the top post not valid?

• Paid Members
Can anyone remember who the original choice to play Kane was? If I remember correctly it was someone from Japan like Tanaka or someone (although the height difference would have been something...).

I read that it was only going to be either Glenn Jacobs or Dan Spivey. Spivey was too old though.

Big Dan came pretty close.

Edited by bAzTNM#1