UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
Kane has had a powerbomb as a finisher in at least one or two wrestling games. Did he ever in real life?

Randomly came to my mind that he once beat one of Kaientai on Heat during a tag match with it. The commentator called it a Last Ride though if I remember correctly. Unsure whether he used it at all apart from that occasion but he definitely did that one time.

He started doing it when he and Undertaker started teaming up as the 'Brothers of Destruction' (great name). Seeing as Kane always nicked 'Takers moves they thought he should have a Powerbomb too. I do remember it looking like shite, most of the time.

Kane has had a powerbomb as a finisher in at least one or two wrestling games. Did he ever in real life?

Randomly came to my mind that he once beat one of Kaientai on Heat during a tag match with it. The commentator called it a Last Ride though if I remember correctly. Unsure whether he used it at all apart from that occasion but he definitely did that one time.

He started doing it when he and Undertaker started teaming up as the 'Brothers of Destruction' (great name). Seeing as Kane always nicked 'Takers moves they thought he should have a Powerbomb too. I do remember it looking like shite, most of the time.

Does his time as fake Diesel count?

question about raw last night, spoilers for anyone who hasnt see the show

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

before last night, when we had a six man elimination match and a two out of three falls match

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

when was the last time these match types took place

I'm not quite sure about the Six Man Elimination Tag, but the last 2/3 Falls match I can remember in the WWE was the John Morrison/Dolph Ziggler one on Smackdown at the end of 2009.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

before last night, when we had a six man elimination match and a two out of three falls match

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I'm not quite sure about the Six Man Elimination Tag, but the last 2/3 Falls match I can remember in the WWE was the John Morrison/Dolph Ziggler one on Smackdown at the end of 2009.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

The last 2/3 Falls match i remember is Mysterio/Del Rio at the end of last year or start of this year on Smackdown can't remember a six man elimination match myself though.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

The last 2/3 Falls match i remember is Mysterio/Del Rio at the end of last year or start of this year on Smackdown can't remember a six man elimination match myself though.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Must have bee that then, I don't think I was watching Smackdown around then.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members
I seem to recall a match with Pat Tanaka that ended with a nasty sitout tombstone on one of the home releases taped (I believe) at MSG which was pretty good.

Of course, the king of "while in the Rockers" Marty singles matches is the one with The Model off Greatest Hits.

Yeah, that was class. Was going to mention that to balance it out somewhat, only Shawn had arguably an even better match on the very same show vs Kato.

What Model match is that on the tape, the Survivor Series 90 build up show?

Sorry, wasn't sure if I was misreading this - if the Marty vs Martel match you are refferring to was from before Survivor 90, the Shawn vs Kato match can't have been the same night (as in the same taping) can it? Kato didn't turn up until early 91, I thought - it was definately Sato & Tanaka at the Survivor Series that year.

Sorry, I was meaning the Shawn/Kato match was the same night as Marty/Tanaka that Air_Raid mentioned. It would've been around the time of Wrestlemania 7.

Ah right, thanks. I was beginning to wonder if there was a whole 3-man Orient Express period I'd completely been oblivious too!

• Paid Members
Ah right, thanks. I was beginning to wonder if there was a whole 3-man Orient Express period I'd completely been oblivious too!

There was. :cool:

Aldo Sato was briefly rehired in summer '91. The three-man Orients got beat by Tornado, Steamboat and Smithers on the 1991 SummerSlam Spectacular. Incredible to think three guys as high profile as Davey, Von Erich and Ricky The Dragon actually needed a warm-up for Warlord and Power & Glory, who were glorified job fodder by that point.

Flicking through Smackdown recently, and Cody Rhodes and Ted diBiase were back teaming together in a 6-man tag with Wade. Are they back as a full time tag team or was it just one of those random 6-man tags they do and the pair of them happened to be on the same team?

Flicking through Smackdown recently, and Cody Rhodes and Ted diBiase were back teaming together in a 6-man tag with Wade. Are they back as a full time tag team or was it just one of those random 6-man tags they do and the pair of them happened to be on the same team?

They're mates again, and Cody's taken Ted under his wing to turn his career around. Or so the commentators keep saying, and they refer to backstage bits between them as though we've seen them, but those haven't been on any Smackdown episodes I've been downloading.

He was an announcer between 89/90 and early 91 I believe and was announcing on some prominant PPV's including Royal Rumble 1990 and possibly the summerslam as well but im not 100%.

I know part of why he went back to WCW was him not liking JR and competing for the lead announcers spot and of course JR would have been considering going to WWE about the time Schiavone left.