UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

So I've been asked to do a few wrestling DVD's for my Aunties friends 7 year old kid but I have no idea whats any good, any recommendations for PPV's? the only show I've seen the past couple of years is Wrestlemania and none of them were much kop tbh

Just give them WrestleWar 92, Great American Bash 96, IYH: Canadian Stampede and Wrestlemania 17. They will thank you for it in the long run.

So I've been asked to do a few wrestling DVD's for my Aunties friends 7 year old kid but I have no idea whats any good, any recommendations for PPV's? the only show I've seen the past couple of years is Wrestlemania and none of them were much kop tbh

Probably ignore any suggestion from anyone suggesting a classic match/show. I'm guessing they've either seen some and liked it or have friends who talk about it so giving them stuff years out of date isn't going to be appropiate. It'll just be dated. Especially not an old NWA/WCW event since to a child who watches today's television I don't think they'll find it particulary appealing.

I guess anything fun/amusing and not too violent.

I would suggest a decent WWE PPV from the last 3 years or so, with decent matches and fun characters. I'm thinking perhaps No Mercy 2008, Summerslam 2009 and Royal Rumble 2010. It might seem random, but they all seem to fit the description I gave.

Aye I don't think a 7 year old would appreciate classic NWA/WCW shows, all I know is he likes the Undertaker and doesnt get too see many shows with them being on Box Office etc. I've just done him this years Extreme Rules and I might as well get him this years Wrestlemania even though it was a bit shit I'm guessing it wont seem as bad to a kid.

Infact I might just do him all the shows what have been on this year for a starter for him

Going on Holiday for a week next week, need to get myself an e-book to read on the old iphone...

what is the best autobiography to purchase? Is the Hogan one any good?

bearing in mind :

Going on Holiday for a week next week, need to get myself an e-book to read on the old iphone...

what is the best autobiography to purchase? Is the Hogan one any good?

bearing in mind :

• I watched wrasslin from 1988-2004 and then from 2007-Present

• I despise Stone Cold Steve Punch Kick Stunner Austin and Bret the Hugman Hart

• I have read, Jerichos books and Mick Foleys

• I like stories from within WWF, shoots etc..., not so keen on ones about growing up.

any recommendations?

It's a shame you don't like Bret, as his book is really good. I would say get the Shawn Michaels book, it's decent enough, and you might appreciate his point of view of the Montreal incident. Even though it isn't an autobiography, I really liked the Death Of WCW as well. Might be worth a look, if you haven't read it yet that is. Here's some Amazon links:

Shawn Michaels

The Death Of WCW

Edited by ThePhenom

• Paid Members

If you havent read it, check out dynamite kids book. It may not be withing your wrestlign time frame, but as i'm 22 he wasnt in mine either, but its such a good read.

i would pass on both michaels's and death of WCW, as they were both shite. Check out Eddie G's book, or if you can get hold of a copy "Turning the Table" by J N Lister from this forum, as its a cracking history of ECW.

• Paid Members

Did Flair make up with Bischoff and Hogan pre TNA or was he just talking shit in his book. He went on and on about how Bisch tried to ruin his life and he'd always hate him etc etc?

• Paid Members
Did Flair make up with Bischoff and Hogan pre TNA or was he just talking shit in his book. He went on and on about how Bisch tried to ruin his life and he'd always hate him etc etc?

Hogan and Flair have never had any problems personally. They are quite good mates. The only occassions Flair has had problems with Hogan is when Hogan questioned why Flair would think Hogan was coming in (after about 4 jobs in 10 years in the WWF) to put Flair over in his second match and when Hogan beat his son with his belt in an angle without Flair knowing about it. So they've never had major problems. Flair and Bischoff made up in WWE after Flair tried to assault Bischoff and he threw a few punches with Bischofff ducking everyone of them. Afterwards his hair was perfect and he never dropped his coffee. They are all one big happy family working for Bischoff and Hervey these days. Flairs lucky to have Bischoff. He's helped pay for at least two wives.

• Paid Members

Hogan and Flair have never had any problems personally. They are quite good mates. The only occassions Flair has had problems with Hogan is when Hogan questioned why Flair would think Hogan was coming in (after about 4 jobs in 10 years in the WWF) to put Flair over in his second match and when Hogan beat his son with his belt in an angle without Flair knowing about it. So they've never had major problems. Flair and Bischoff made up in WWE after Flair tried to assault Bischoff and he threw a few punches with Bischofff ducking everyone of them. Afterwards his hair was perfect and he never dropped his coffee. They are all one big happy family working for Bischoff and Hervey these days. Flairs lucky to have Bischoff. He's helped pay for at least two wives.

Aye I assumed this, but Flair talks about Bisch with some real venom in his book, glad they've all made up though, who could stay mad at that amazing set of teeth and hair :love: