UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

When did 'tapping out' come into WWE as a method of submitting? When I stopped following WWF after Mania 11 you just told the ref you wanted to give, and by the time I got back into wrestling in 2000, tapping out had been introduced. Who brought the rule in?

I Believe it was first used around the time Ken Shamrock came in as this was the method that was used in UFC and WWE started to use it to look more legitimate.

The specific first time it was used was in Shamrock's first proper match during his 97-onwards stint, when he took on Vader in an IYH event following WM. Vader tapped in a very exaggerated way - almost like a Hebner-like slow three count - but they quickened the thing up soon enough. This would come back to bite them in the arse at Survivor Series 97, in a subtlty very rarely acknowledged; although Bret was always going to go mental about the screwjob, it was far more obvious to fans that he'd been done because they'd eliminated the verbal submission at this point, and it was visually clear that Bret hadn't given up...

I remember seeing a few minor celebrities in the front row at a few of WWE's UK ppvs over the years, like Chris Tarrant, Eamonn Holmes, and Gianfranco Zola.

Have any celebs been in the crowd at UFC events over here?

England rugby union chief Martin Johnson was front row for the first London event, though I don't believe that was acknowledged on the TV broadcast...

from UFC 70

from the Daily Star

FOOTBALL ace Cristiano Ronaldo joined 16,000 fight fans as the most violent sports show staged in Britain became a bloodfest.

He and other Manchester United players sat in a VIP box to watch the brutal battling at the Ultimate Fighting Championships.

The contestants kicked, punched and scratched each other to bits in the show at Manchester

Edited by the_mole

Okay after posting in the tagged classics thread I just remembered something that has bugged me for quite some time now.

Anyway during the 20 man Tag elimination at Series 87 for some reason the only part missing from the match is the elimination of The British Bulldogs does anyone know why that part in particular was cut?

I know that the first two Survivor Series VHS's were clipped but cutting an actual elimination is pretty odd.

• Paid Members

Hi

I seem to remember watching a Japanese tape a while ago, that featured some guys doing a bit of a random dance to The Offspring's Come Out And Play?

Did this happen, or did I just make it up? If so, any idea who, what, when it was?

Hi

I seem to remember watching a Japanese tape a while ago, that featured some guys doing a bit of a random dance to The Offspring's Come Out And Play?

Did this happen, or did I just make it up? If so, any idea who, what, when it was?

Kintaro Kanemura's Team NO RESPECT. You didn't imagine it. :)

• Paid Members
Hi

Kintaro Kanemura's Team NO RESPECT. You didn't imagine it. :)

I'm not going nuts then, thank you :thumbsup:

Is Jimmy Hart involved in TNA? I ask because WWE and Mattel had some collector's event in America the other day and they were selling (or giving away) a Legends t-shirt that had Jake Roberts, Sgt Slaughter, Ricky Steamboat, Jimmy Hart and Papa Shango on it. Leaving aside the total absurdity of Papa Shango being on such a t-shirt, I thought the Mouth of the South was still affiliated with TNA in some fashion.

• Paid Members
Is Jimmy Hart involved in TNA? I ask because WWE and Mattel had some collector's event in America the other day and they were selling (or giving away) a Legends t-shirt that had Jake Roberts, Sgt Slaughter, Ricky Steamboat, Jimmy Hart and Papa Shango on it. Leaving aside the total absurdity of Papa Shango being on such a t-shirt, I thought the Mouth of the South was still affiliated with TNA in some fashion.

I'm pretty sure he does still work with TNA, on their music themes etc and occasionally appears on their post Impact online show thing they do with Borash and So Cal Val. If Hogan's involved you can pretty much assume Jimmy Hart is too.

Edit: Beaten to it

Edited by Gareth7

• Paid Members
Okay after posting in the tagged classics thread I just remembered something that has bugged me for quite some time now.

Anyway during the 20 man Tag elimination at Series 87 for some reason the only part missing from the match is the elimination of The British Bulldogs does anyone know why that part in particular was cut?

I know that the first two Survivor Series VHS's were clipped but cutting an actual elimination is pretty odd.

It's come up a few times, but the general conclusion is that it's simply incompetent editing. I believe that on the commercial release of WrestleMania 7 they somehow get the same move twice during Warrior-Savage.

• Paid Members

Hogan uploaded a video on Twitter from tomorrows Impact taping where J.Hizzle (thats Hogans nickname for him) has the headset at the little event centre thing in Universal with Jason Hervey and the production team. So Jimmy Hart is definitely still with TNA. He helps out as an agent, in production, he goes on the road and helps with local radio advertising and promotion. Harts a real asset to any promotion. WWE used him in the same role for years. He's proper workhorse.

Here you go. Its got footage of tomorrows Impact on the little screen so if you dont want to know the score look away now.

http://www.twitvid.com/XFYYQ

As far as the music goes, it wouldnt matter if Hart worked for TNA or not. Hogans nWo-remix and American Made is all ran through the Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment group, as is everything Hogan does.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart