UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

He hates wrestling. Despises it. He's also got considerable sway with Vince McMahon and makes a shitload of money despite being embarrassed to be a part of the industry.

Bastard. I was hoping it would be something really controversial with a massive read. :angry:

Jim Cornette has a bunch of stories about him in his most recent Shoot Interviews. According to Cornette, Dunn's father worked for Vince Sr in a pretty similar position. One night he was driving home and Dunn Sr's car caught on fire or something, but it had the videos of the TV Taping matches that had been taped earlier in the evening in his boot. Rather than just leaving the burning vehicle, he went back and rescued all the tapes, and as a result his son has a job for life for with the company due to some sort of indebtedness. As Lee said, the guy is not a 'Rasslin' fan, but a fan of Sports Entertainment.

Becuase of one set of Syndicated TV tapings in the 70s?

According to Cornette. It is on the NWA Legends Fanfest 2009 Q & A 'A Conversation with Cornette' if you want to try and dig it out. If you have never heard him rant before, there is some great stuff on there. Even has a tale about how he reduced Dunn to tears by making fun of his buck teeth.

I think I read about it in one of Cornette's Power Slam interviews.

According to Cornette. It is on the NWA Legends Fanfest 2009 Q & A 'A Conversation with Cornette' if you want to try and dig it out. If you have never heard him rant before, there is some great stuff on there. Even has a tale about how he reduced Dunn to tears by making fun of his buck teeth.

Because Cornette's an oil painting. He has a haircut like Tin-Tin's grandad. I'm sure, no matter how ugly Kevin Dunne, he doesnt have to go home to what Cornette wakes up next to on a morning.

I just home he doesnt have Kevin Dunne's email address.

I'll try and summarise, but it was when Cornette was on the Booking committee circa '97. The pair of them got into a row over something, and Cornette made fun of Dunn's teeth before just leaving the meeting. He was later told that he would have to apologise to Dunn as he was upset over what Cornette said. He ended up apologising, at which point Dunn broke down, saying that he was bullied over his teeth at school. Cornette's response was to the effect that he earned over $500,000 a year, and if he was that bothered by his teeth, why doesnt he just get them fixed?

He hates wrestling. Despises it. He's also got considerable sway with Vince McMahon and makes a shitload of money despite being embarrassed to be a part of the industry.

He's embarassed to be a part of the TV industry?

Who cares if he hates wrestling? He's good at his job.

Because Cornette's an oil painting. He has a haircut like Tin-Tin's grandad. I'm sure, no matter how ugly Kevin Dunne, he doesnt have to go home to what Cornette wakes up next to on a morning.

I just home he doesnt have Kevin Dunne's email address.

I'll try and summarise, but it was when Cornette was on the Booking committee circa '97. The pair of them got into a row over something, and Cornette made fun of Dunn's teeth before just leaving the meeting. He was later told that he would have to apologise to Dunn as he was upset over what Cornette said. He ended up apologising, at which point Dunn broke down, saying that he was bullied over his teeth at school. Cornette's response was to the effect that he earned over $500,000 a year, and if he was that bothered by his teeth, why doesnt he just get them fixed?

Does the beaver have a fear of dentists or something?

• Paid Members
He requested for his release as he didn't like the way the Goldust character was going.

And he was going to be a main eventer in WCW under the Seven gimmick, until they sacked his Dad before his debut.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members
The network also made WCW drop the Seven gimmick because they thought the public would liken it to a child abductor...I'm not kidding.

I suppose Dustin Runnels was toying with the option of being a pedo on $500,000 a year or a tranny on $250,000.

The network also made WCW drop the Seven gimmick because they thought the public would liken it to a child abductor...I'm not kidding.

I suppose Dustin Runnels was toying with the option of being a pedo on $500,000 a year or a tranny on $250,000.

We've all been there.

• Paid Members
Who were the three guys in Roddy Piper's Family who appeared on WCW Television around February and March 1997?

I remember one being Earthquake but never knew who the other two were.

Horshu (Luther Reigns) was one of them. I remember this because people are still convinced it was Goldberg.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Who were the three guys in Roddy Piper's Family who appeared on WCW Television around February and March 1997?

I remember one being Earthquake but never knew who the other two were.

Horshu (Luther Reigns) was one of them. I remember this because people are still convinced it was Goldberg.

I remember checking google and someone even said it was Kurrgan from the WWF Oddities. Does the Third guy resemble Eugene maybe?

• Paid Members

Odd question, but still.

When did Al Snow make the change from the double strap full body singlet with short legs to the standard full leg pair of tights with no upper body. I assume it has something to do with Steve Blackman.