The UKFF Comics n Graphic Novels thread

Famous Mortimer

Good lord, is Detective Comics amazing since Reborn. Kate Kane is usually such a pointless character, I'm amazed I enjoy something she's in so much. Rucka's scripts have been great, but JH Williams must be working himself to death, I don't think another monthly book by the big two has such consistently beautiful artwork.

Plus, the back up feature is The Question, which I also love.

Streets Of Gotham has been a good read. I like the Manhunter back ups, too.

Sirens is awful though. I don't know why they bother plotting it, they should just drop the pretense and release a book where Harley, Catwoman and Ivy bend over for 20 pages with no dialogue.

Ah, the desperate appeal to the fanboy.

*runs to nearest comic shop*

• Paid Members
Plus, the back up feature is The Question, which I also love.

Thanks for the advice with Green Lantern Blackest night, sounds a tad big to get into now plus I hate storylines that involve even minor characters being killed.

Is the Question still a chick? I really like the 80s Vic Sage Question, I'm not sure about this one.

What's the best DC storyline from the last 5 years? I love DC comics but I mainly read back issues from the 80s because that's my favourite period, I'd like to check out something newer for a change (Superhero stuff preferably).

• Paid Members
My friend swears by the original Green Lantern / Sinestro Corps stuff,

Thanks, I'm downloading it now, (I far prefer to read real paper comics but fuck trying to get a load of 5 year old back issues from different titles, plus this is free)

If I enjoy it your reward will be a piping hot cup of coffee or hot chocolate (whichever you prefer) next to your bed when you wake up tomorrow morning.

Just read Hitman by Garth Ennis and be taken in by the warm glowing warming glow.

May i ask which Hitman have you read? I have Ace Of Spades and the Arkham Asylum one (forget the title but the origin and stuff) and i can't seem to find anymore in my area.

Hitman is a touch of class though. Both books were great reads and remarkably fresh idea for a comic based in Gotham City anyroad.

I bought the individual issues off eBay years ago - the origin story from the "Demon Presents" (or whatever it was called) and then all the run of the comic. Garth Ennis doesn't seem to like it too much these days, as he felt constricted by DC, but if lack of constriction produces guff like "The Boys" (which reads to me like a book written by an overexcited teenager) then bring on the constrictions.

• Paid Members
have you seen the prices for all hail megatron vol.1 on amazon? Fuck! The publishers need to get off their arse

Vol2 seems to be out this week. Vol 1 was ok. Try Oneshallstand.com I usuaully get mine from there.

Edited by BigJag

I bought the individual issues off eBay years ago - the origin story from the "Demon Presents" (or whatever it was called) and then all the run of the comic. Garth Ennis doesn't seem to like it too much these days, as he felt constricted by DC, but if lack of constriction produces guff like "The Boys" (which reads to me like a book written by an overexcited teenager) then bring on the constrictions.

Ah. I do like the Boys although i do feel sometimes it's more a venutre in recreating a video nasty, but Hitman was something i just thought was classy and funny. But i can only get second hand copies of the 2 aforementioned books. Need more...

Bought Red by Warren Ellis the other day. Good read, but way too short.

• Paid Members

I think overall The Boys has a good story but is let down by Garth Ennis constantly putting as much nasty childish shit in it to make himself laugh when it's just not needed. His Hellblazer run had nothing like that and is probably the smartest writing he ever did.