Paid Members Kookoocachu Posted September 11, 2013 Paid Members Posted September 11, 2013 I've read a few bits and pieces about that signal intrusion incident and seen the footage a few times, but hadn't seen those clips of the news reports before. I remember reading something about it where the transcript of exactly what was said by the Max Headroom character was picked apart and analyzed. Apparently, there were a few hints and cryptic clues in there that seemed to be aimed at the higher ups in the TV stations that were attacked, which maybe hinted that the perpetrators could have been disgruntled former employees. Still, amazing that they were never found and punished for a stunt of such bare faced cheek. I'm surprised no one has claimed responsibility for it with this amount of time having lapsed since it took place actually. Even by fakers craving the notoriety. You'd think they would have liked their motives more clearly understood too, unless they really did just do it for a laugh... Edit - Here's another pretty cool amateur video covering both the Vrillon and Quote
Moderators Astro Hollywood Posted September 11, 2013 Author Moderators Posted September 11, 2013 (edited) The 'water wheels' phenomenon, much like the 'milky seas' one, is a real thing, attributed to bioluminescent plankton-type organisms in the waters being moved by electromagnetic energy. Have you got a link to something about this? I'd love to read more. This is really interesting, I'm surprised that no one has done this in recent years to the BBC etc. A bit more tricky nowadays, but doable. Doable? Really? And how would you go about it? The Max Headroom one is particularly interesting, as it's the exact last time anything interesting happened on a TV screen while an episode of Dr. Who was being broadcast. SOC, that place looks absolutely amazing, although the mention of flying foxes puts me right off. Ughhh fuck off. Edited September 11, 2013 by Astro Hollywood Quote
Paid Members Kookoocachu Posted September 11, 2013 Paid Members Posted September 11, 2013 Digital intrusion is a hell of a lot harder but from a hacking perspective anything technically can be done with the right resources, and a few people who are willing to possibly lose their jobs for the art of signal intrusion. I don't know how I would do it, but it's interesting trying to find out how. Quote
Moderators Astro Hollywood Posted September 11, 2013 Author Moderators Posted September 11, 2013 Digital intrusion is a hell of a lot harder but from a hacking perspective anything technically can be done with the right resources, and a few people who are willing to possibly lose their jobs for the art of signal intrusion. The fact that it literally only happens in movies and hasn't happened for decades suggests is isn't doable in the least. Quote
Loki Posted September 11, 2013 Posted September 11, 2013 Those caves look amazing. I'm going to add it to my itinerary for visiting Vietnam, in between banging all those underage prostitutes and visiting temples. Quote
Paid Members Kookoocachu Posted September 11, 2013 Paid Members Posted September 11, 2013 (edited) Earlier this year in Montana a message was successfully broadcast warning people of the dead rising. Edited September 11, 2013 by Kookoocachu Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted September 11, 2013 Moderators Posted September 11, 2013 The article says these incidents are "suprisingly common" and then goes on to only cite examples from the late 80s and earlier. It's an interesting subject; jury's still out though... Quote
Paid Members Kookoocachu Posted September 11, 2013 Paid Members Posted September 11, 2013 The article says these incidents are "suprisingly common" and then goes on to only cite examples from the late 80s and earlier. It's an interesting subject; jury's still out though... Yeah I raised my eyebrow at that comment Quote
Vamp Posted September 11, 2013 Posted September 11, 2013 That bat picture can't be real can it? When ti said flying foxes I wasn't imagining, you know, actual fox like things with wings. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted September 11, 2013 Moderators Posted September 11, 2013 Bat genitalia is one of the funniest things ever. Not really NSFW because it's a bat. But whatever. Quote
Paid Members Kookoocachu Posted September 11, 2013 Paid Members Posted September 11, 2013 I saw Flying foxes in Aus with Lostprophet_Y2j, pretty sure he filmed me tickling ones belly too. Loved them, they were like flying little dogs just wanted fussing. I'm re-watching all the 'ThePolishedKnob' alien sighting videos. I would love to make videos like this. What are everyone's favourite videos from present times of staged sightings be it alien, animal, ghost or sod it, dinosaurs? Quote
King Pitcos Posted September 11, 2013 Posted September 11, 2013 There was a pirate TV station in Birmingham in the eighties that broadcast on BBC 2 after that finished for the night. It went weeks before the authorities even noticed. Quote
Paid Members ShortOrderCook Posted September 11, 2013 Paid Members Posted September 11, 2013 In the video in the link I posted, it's mentioned that the 'Flying Foxes' aren't like you'd imagine them to be from that term, that they're smaller and compared them more to 'Flying Squirrels', but then felt that was inaccurate and said she will have to get a picture. So maybe a picture will surface, will keep a look out for that shit. Funny that foxes with giant bat wings is what first enters your mind though. What I seem to imagine is the talking 'coyote' which Johnny Cash voices in The Simpsons because he flies about a bit in that I think. So i'm picturing something more that leaps and glides/floats more than technically flies by flapping big fuck off wings. Quote
Vamp Posted September 11, 2013 Posted September 11, 2013 Thinking about it though, casting a fox in the new Batman vs. Superman movie might have gone down better. Quote
Richie Freebird Posted September 11, 2013 Posted September 11, 2013 There was a pirate TV station in Birmingham in the eighties that broadcast on BBC 2 after that finished for the night. It went weeks before the authorities even noticed. Yeah, I Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.