The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

Christ, I was getting worked up watching that - wanting to punch Jones in his fat face. What an absolute sack of shit that man really is. His ability to make me actually not hate Piers Morgan for over ten minutes is quite amazing!

Didn't Alex Jones have some BBC2 show years ago, or am I mixing him up with someone else? If it's him I'm thinking of, he's seriously gone over the nutter-cliff. The idea that removing the right to own weapons of warfare (machine guns and automatic weapons) will "turn America in Mexico" is one of the stupidest claims I have ever heard.

• Paid Members

Alex Jones is so fucking warped at this point it's hard to take anything he says seriously, does he genuinely believe every conspiracy kind of theory there is? there's a boy who works with me that just believes them all, if someone has decided to put a few stats together and made a youtube video my work mate will spew em back out with people, he got annoyed at me one time cause i questioned some of his 9/11 spiel...i find this stuff interesting but you gotta know where to draw the line.

I'm convinced that Jones just hates the British, I wish I could find a link to it but his meltdown during the London riots in which he branded the average Brit "ant-white" was pricelss.

The guy is fast washing away the tiny amount of credibility he had built up over the years.

Edited by The King Of Swing

Forget Alex Jones, he doesn't want credibility, it would be counter-productive to his career. Jesse Ventura is the man;

Ventura discusses 9/11 on FOX news

I know the trend is to toss Ventura in there with the likes of Jones, but there aren't many "conspiracy crackpots" who can claim to have actually been inside the machine of Government.

i dont follow politics at all, but was Ventura a bit of a conspiracy nut whilst he was in office or was it something that developed when he got out?

The thing is, is he a "conspiracy nut"? He's not some guy who sits in his basement making an obscure internet radio show, is he? He's been a Mayor & Governor of Minnesota. A quick search of his policies during that term bring up results that include "the rebate on sales tax. In each year of his administration, Minnesotans received a tax-free check in the late summer. The state was running a budget surplus at the time, and Ventura believed that the money should be returned to the public."

He was also a supporter of gay rights, including gay marriage and gays in the military, abortion rights, the use of medicinal marijuana & advocated a higher role for third parties in US politics. He opposed the 2012 referendum on amending the Minnesota constitution to limit marriage to male-female couples, commenting "I certainly hope that people don't amend our constitution to stop gay marriage because, number one, the constitution is there to protect people

Exactly David, Jesse Ventura and the likes of Alex Jones (who even Dynamite Duane distanced himself from) are Worlds apart.

I may not agree with everything he says but at least Ventura seems to really want to do some good.

EDIT

13 minutes into the Piers Morgan interview and Ventura is just destroying him.

Edited by The King Of Swing

I'm listening right now, Ventura is fantastic. Hugely well read, a great orator, opinionated without being obnoxious, can back up his arguments and deal with counter arguments intelligently.

His opinion on war is hugely authoritative.