The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

I like the "speak the shit then cop-out at the end" that these theories absolutely always have. They can't just make a prediction because the last cell of sanity left won't allow them, they have to quantify why it hasn't happened pre-emptively when their prediction is wrong. I purposely avoided using if.

• Paid Members

I'd say the only conspiracy at the moment with the 2012 Olympics is the one to get shitty design companies with all the creativity of a used tampon lucrative contracts to produce crap to make us feel even more like the odd ones out on the world stage when it comes to spectacular and vibrant Olympic presentation. Because outside of that, it's almost inexplicable as to why these tossers get away with it. That fucking logo, honestly.

• Paid Members
Council chiefs have hailed a big cat sighting as the best ever proof the so-called mythical beasts really exist.

He said: "I immediately stopped my vehicle and stared at this animal. It had a large cat-like head, muscular build and was approximately three feet tall.

"It was bigger and more muscular than a German shepherd dog. The coat was smooth and looked like it had brown spots on it. I had a clear, unobstructed view of the animal and the visibility was excellent."

He added: "I am 100% certain that this was a puma or panther-like animal and was definitely not a dog, cat or any other domestic animal. It was not something I had seen before other than in a zoo."

Source: MSN News

I'm pretty sure a puma isn't bigger than a German Shepherd, and aren't pumas the ones with disproportionately small heads in comparison to their bodies?

At least Wiki what they look like before claiming you've seen one.

From the Guardian:

<snipped>

EDIT: didn't clock the date of the article.

Yeah we've already discussed this, I posted this a while back when Ian R Crane's site had been hacked into following the publicity Crane received from this article.

Someone on FB posted youtube links for Conspiracy Theory With Jesse Ventura, I'm yet to see them, going gradually watch them all.

Watching this one first:

Big Brother - presumably about the surveillance state / CCTV.

I'll post my comments after watching, feel to watch then discuss :)

Edited by tiger_rick

I'm convinced there IS a breeding population of large black cats in this country - the circumstantial evidence has just piled up over the years, with hundreds of reputable sightings.

• Paid Members
I'm convinced there IS a breeding population of large black cats in this country - the circumstantial evidence has just piled up over the years, with hundreds of reputable sightings.

Hasnt There always been some form of "Big cat" lurking about? In which case i would of thought its some person(s) who have got hold of some form of large cat, then let it free if they couldnt handle it.

I cant say for sure, although i saw footage on the news once, from a guy who took it on his phone. It showed a large "cat" creeping out of some bushes behind his house, although it wasnt black it was more the colour of a lioness.

Edit: I think a "Lynx" (is it?) would be more closer to what was reported.

Edited by Bowyo T

• Paid Members

I've seen one, and did a documentary on them for a college project. It all stems from in the 60's when keeping exotic animals such as large cats suddenly required a license. People couldn't afford the license/couldn't be bothered with it and set the animals loose. There's nothing 'alien' or paranormal about it.

It is Fortean though, so we can discuss it here.

I find cryptozoology absolutely fascinating, as it's right on the edge between science and bullshit, which is where all the interesting shit happens. It's just such a fascinating subject that encompasses everything from extreme biology through mass psychosis, buried race memories, nutty scientists and whacked out hippies, mythology, religion and all the way to aliens.

• Moderators
I've seen one, and did a documentary on them for a college project. It all stems from in the 60's when keeping exotic animals such as large cats suddenly required a license. People couldn't afford the license/couldn't be bothered with it and set the animals loose. There's nothing 'alien' or paranormal about it.

While I definitely agree with you that it's so obviously true that the only mystery is why people still don't believe it, the exotic pet law explanation actually doesn't hold water. There was a piece on the Fortean Times a while back, where some guy actually looked into that, rather than assuming like everyone has until now, and there were nowhere near enough Crazy Rich Folks with big cats, or even people inhabiting certain places they'd been sighted, nor was there a jump in sightings around the time the law kicked in.

It's definitely a possibility - however, that original generation of animals would long since have died off, meaning that there must be stable breeding populations scattered around the country.

Also, sightings of big cats predate the Act in question. So either exotics have been escaping captivity on a fairly regular basis for hundreds of years (which is possible), or the UK has managed to retain some fragmentary populations from the Ice Age.

Edit, what Woyzeck said, also :p

Edited by Loki

• Moderators
http://www.youtube.com/user/LegalZahn

The conspiracy theories of a paranoid schizophrenic. BUT WHAT IF HE'S RIGHT!

This is so depressing :(

The Big Bad in his conspiracy theory seems to be a woman called Virginia Newbon and her allies, Rush. That's the band, Rush. Google Virginia Newbon and you'll see this guy has been posting on various forums and usenet newsgroups for years.

My number one fear is that happening to me. "The undercover FBI agents in McDonalds are pretending to clean the floor to sarcastically tell me they're cleaning away my dirt."

Christ, he has another Youtube account here with almost 500 videos on it.

She is a rotten person and most of the originating events that caused her to be trashy, rutty, were not her doing but were done by Steven Spielberg and George Lucas whom are very jealous of me.
Edited by Woyzeck