The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

• Moderators
Replying to Loki in a thread of this nature is a waste of energy.

...Usually if I quote evidence of something then Loki has the habit of coming along and coming out with something about aliens or whatever....

Shame the usual idiots can't stay on topic and decide to do the usual predictable trolling just as it gets good.

You spineless shit Duane. :laugh: You don't reply because you can't. You're a nice bloke but your complete inability to laugh at yourself makes you look like a right wanker sometimes.

Look mate, I can laugh at myself I'm not Tom Cruise ya know ;):p

I found Shep's joke funny in a previous thread, when he mentioned HG Wells and Woking.

I have a laugh when appropriate and serious when appropriate.

Where it gets twisted is where you and others love to bring in daft stuff about aliens and lizards etc, belittling me and making out I'm a gullible idiot. Fair enough have a laugh but it gets a bit cuntish!

I deal in facts, what can be proven when it comes to these causes. I totally agree about the lizard shapeshifters or aliens conspiracy theory being wacky, for christ sakes :rolleyes:

As David has said Icke researches the material for his books and lectures quoting others, it's not simply THEORY.

I don't even know where to begin with this nonsense, but I'll respond to a couple of bits.

As David has said Icke researches the material for his books and lectures quoting others, it's not simply THEORY.

No, it is exactly THEORY, until such a time as said theory is backed by hard, concrete evidence.

making out I'm a gullible idiot

*has a seizure*

Tee hee.

When Icke produces the corpse of a lizard master, that'll be evidence. Even a scale, or a giant tooth. But until then his work is just a mishmash of philosophy, new age spiritualism, classic Buddhist rhetoric, and a healthy dollop of fruitloopism thrown in.

I'd love it if all this shit were true, as I suspect Woyzeck would. I love a good conspiracy, I'm a massive X Files fan, and nothing would please me more if I could explain away all the wrongs of the world on some hugely secretive yet simultaneously far-reaching conspiracy.

Unfortunately, once you look at this sort of stuff with anything more than a passing glance it fades away to nothing. Who was that conspiracy nut who was on here about 6 months ago who basically had a mental breakdown live on the forum? It's that sort of embarrassing/slightly mental attitude that ruins all the fun.

When Icke produces the corpse of a lizard master, that'll be evidence. Even a scale, or a giant tooth. But until then his work is just a mishmash of philosophy, new age spiritualism, classic Buddhist rhetoric, and a healthy dollop of fruitloopism thrown in.

I'd love it if all this shit were true, as I suspect Woyzeck would. I love a good conspiracy, I'm a massive X Files fan, and nothing would please me more if I could explain away all the wrongs of the world on some hugely secretive yet simultaneously far-reaching conspiracy.

Unfortunately, once you look at this sort of stuff with anything more than a passing glance it fades away to nothing. Who was that conspiracy nut who was on here about 6 months ago who basically had a mental breakdown live on the forum? It's that sort of embarrassing/slightly mental attitude that ruins all the fun.

It doesn't have to be real though, does it? Or am I missing the point of it all?

Surely everyone who helps to sell-out Icke's shows in London can't be fucking maniacs? I always assumed the vast majority were people like myself who read and listened to such stuff and believe it to be interesting, if not true.

Where it gets twisted is where you and others love to bring in daft stuff about aliens and lizards etc, belittling me and making out I'm a gullible idiot. Fair enough have a laugh but it gets a bit cuntish!

Good point. Everyone should hold off on belittling you unless you make some horrendously fuckwitted comment that utterly exploses you as a gullible, conspiracy-nut, backwards idiot with an alarming lack of self-awareness.

I deal in facts, what can be proven when it comes to these causes.

Like that one.

• Moderators

It doesn't have to be real though, does it? Or am I missing the point of it all?

Surely everyone who helps to sell-out Icke's shows in London can't be fucking maniacs? I always assumed the vast majority were people like myself who read and listened to such stuff and believe it to be interesting, if not true.

At

This is it, you can entertain a view without necessarily accepting it.

Would it surprise you, Duane, to learn that I've been to two of his lectures? First one was 8 hours, second one was 9.

Yeah, cool. I couldn't sit through it, sounds overwhelming. A 2hr lecture is enough for me. Must include a couple of intervals?

What did you think of it Keith?

Edited by Dynamite Duane