www.shitarsefifty.co.uk - THE SHITARSE FIFTY~~~~!

CracktonMoj

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re Exodus. To give him the benefit of the doubt based on that clip alone, I'd imagine it wasn't his choice to use that music, and one of the few things I do like about Exodus is the music he usually uses. Not only a really good piece of music, but fits the character very well.What promotion is that match from?

• Paid Members

A few others have said it, but the contrasting takes on the SHITARSE FIFTY from Ronin and SpUd really do tell the story:

One comes out terrifically, the other ends up looking like a bit of a tit.

I personally think SpUd is fabulous, but can see why he is the UK wrestling equivilent of Marmite. I just love the fact that his matches really get across the fact that he can never match his opponents in size, strength or power, so instead has to pick his shots, take advantage of the rare opportunities he gets and beat his opponents by coming at them from difernt angles, out-moving them and out-thinking them. That really gets over the a viewer when watching one of his matches. It would look ridiculous if he were to "stand and bang" with his opponents, so he goes for a more realistic approach. Kudos to SpUd for taking the SHITARSE FIFTY with the good humour for which it was intended.

• Paid Members

I didn't actually submit any votes to the SHITARSE FIFTY myself, so don't really have any right to comment on it, but I'm going to anyway, seeing as though I see my fair share of British wrestling :p :

50 Tyler Brown

Never seen anything from him, can't comment.

49 Shabbazz

Good lord, this guy is the pits. He was spectacularly bad in 1PW a few years ago (a 6-man tag on their first show, then pre-show dark matches and some squashes) and I found it hilarious when I watched some PTW DVDs to find that not only was he being pushed as a main event-level guy, but also that he didn't appear to have gotten any better. He'd got worse, in fact. Zero charisma, presence, personality or character that he is able to get across to fans, and frequently looks utterly clueless in front of an audience.

48 Fireball

I know him from around GPW and FSW shows, but I've never actually seen him wrestle, so can't comment. That photo in his gear looks dreadful though. Don't know if that is typical? Old?

47 Robbie Brookside

Again, can see why you either love him or hate him. Yes, he is able to grab a crowd's attention and control them, but it's usually done by cheap tactics such as starting his own chants or foot-stomping as opposed to winning them over through his wrestling performance. That said, I've also seen him put in some masterful displays where he is able to get into a viewer's head with the little things he does in the ring. His heel work in XWA, for example, was completely first rate.

46 MTX Jem Brown

Yeah, this guy fucking sucks. Haven't seen him for a good while (I think it may have been a series of 1PW dark matches, actually but I've seen him here and there. Possibly on those godawful PTW DVDs I watched) but I find it hard to believe that he would have suddenly got anywhere near competent.

45 Michael Wentz

Yeah, he's a rookie, so it's harsh, though quite often with rookies you can see some glimpse of potential. Wentz doesn't offer that. In fact, his performances don't offer ANYTHING to anyone watching. He ignores the fact that there is a crowd there altogether, and despite outwardly having a gimmick which defines him on 3CW shows, it never transcends into any kind of personality on shows. Despite all of this, and protestations of "he's just green!!", 3CW still saw fit to put their tag team titles on him. This single-handed killed any credibility that their tag division had.

44 Ashe

SHITARSE is probably a bit harsh, but he's always been a bit of a "meh" wrestler to me. I think the only match of his I've seen in the last 12 months was when he returned in a nostalgia moment for IPW:UK in a big 8-man tag on their last ever Orpington show. Before that, the main sustained exposure to him came during his feud with Kris Linnell. I'll happily admit to enjoying most of that feud, but that was more of a case of the booking and the storyline making me care about wrestlers I may not have otherwise done, as opposed to their fantastic in-ring chemistry or anything. His monumental cock-up at Frontiers of Honor I is still funny as fuck.

43 G-Man

Cult hero.

42 Jim Brooks

Haha, now you

• Moderators

49 ShabbazzGood lord, this guy is the pits. He was spectacularly bad in 1PW a few years ago (a 6-man tag on their first show, then pre-show dark matches and some squashes) and I found it hilarious when I watched some PTW DVDs to find that not only was he being pushed as a main event-level guy, but also that he didn't appear to have gotten any better. He'd got worse, in fact. Zero charisma, presence, personality or character that he is able to get across to fans, and frequently looks utterly clueless in front of an audience.

More importantly, why did he name himself after that guy who got his nob out on Big Brother, hid all the food then threatened to kill himself?

• Paid Members

I've gota say I'm not surprised by Spuds entry. I don't agree with it but if there was one person I could see being put on this list, purely because of the polarised effect he seems to have, it would have been him. I can see why he gets stick but its more or less universally brought down to him being short and weedy which makes a bad wrestler it does not.eXodus however has blown goats every time I've seen him in person. I was there for aforementioned clip and honestly think that made him look good compared to how it was in person. When the 8 year olds in front of me keep talking about how he's clearly not hitting him you know there is a problem.

Edited by DEF

Is that a serious question?That Big Brother was 2 years ago, Shabazz has been wrestling at least 4 years. (only seen him once and that was in early 2004, and I thought he was very good in that match!)

eXedous however has blown goats every time I've seen him in person. I was there for aforementioned clip and honestly think that made him look good compared to how it was in person. When the 8 year olds in front of me keep talking about how he's clearly not hitting him you know there is a problem.

What show was it? What promotion?