Official Darts Thread

Dai

Major lulz at Kirk "I'm don't have a coke problem" Shepherd celebrating his win over Maish by tripping over the oche and hurting his ankle. Also he started seeing his bird when she was underage and once without realising who she was, I wound her up so much on a darts forum that she cried about it over her Christmas dinner (her brother PM'd me to tell me that I'd ruined Christmas dinner at their house).

Good arrows I'm sure you'll agree.

Major lulz at Kirk "I'm don't have a coke problem" Shepherd celebrating his win over Maish by tripping over the oche and hurting his ankle. Also he started seeing his bird when she was underage and once without realising who she was, I wound her up so much on a darts forum that she cried about it over her Christmas dinner (her brother PM'd me to tell me that I'd ruined Christmas dinner at their house).

:laugh:

Yes, I agree. Definately good arrows.

Couldn't believe how much he was celebrating that win, but then he went over on his ankle, and I burst into hysterics. He looked enough of a tool before doing that.

Cracking match tonight between Fitton and King. Might be worth watching later for Anastasia vs. Webster for a place in the next round.

I hated him anyway from local tournaments but the day after his World final when he appeared on TV to tell the cameras that he wasn't going back to his job, the boss gave him extra time off and sponsored him, and that his boss could stick it. I hope that he has to go back to a day job and that gets remembered.

Coke Problem?

Tony O'Shea does look quite good in this competition. I think Webster will do him in the next round.

Can't see past Taylor really, even though he played a shitter last night, he might have done that to let Van Der Voort get a win under his belt. Nobody else is playing anywhere near the best of their ability, I dont think Taylor will lose anymore than 5 legs now. The only player in the tournament that can beat him is Mervyn King, and then he'd have to play a blinder.

What happened between Part and Barney not shaking hands, John just walked straight off. Did he say anything about what he did? I turned over as it went to an advert then fell asleep before it came back on!

Kirk Shepherd is a right wanker. Couldn't stand him that year he somehow ended up in the final.

Part walked off because he was pissed off with the crowd. He did say he didn't think of Barney and should have because he is a professional. I think a lot of players, Part included, are now used to how darts is with the premier league etc and accept there is going to be nosie and a buzz when they throw but i agree that it's still out of order to shout specific things to put people off when they are throwing or to shout personal attacks, unless it's "Shepherd you wanker!"

Hey, don't knock the Whitlock, he's a rare find, an Aussie i like. He's an unusual and different player and seems a decent bloke.

Tonight smelly Ted was knocked by Whitlock out after being on the brink of going through and then on the brink of taking it to a 9 dart play-off. I do like Hankey in a weird way though, just got an anger problem. And a B.O one.

Edited by Baz Windham

He is yeah, looks like he is in a trance. I just like how he comes up with some weird checkouts and methods at times, he's better at maths than quite a few who pause for a bit pretending they are planning but really trying to work out the checkout. He also is probably the best at the 19's cover shot that i can think of.

• Moderators

I was talking about that with my mate Dave watching the BDO final in 2007. We didn't see why he didn't just lose 9 points per 3 darts and play for 19s. It may have made him feel like a Women's pub league player, but he's shit sharp at it.

Of course he'll be good at maths though, he seems a bit Dungeons and Dragony.

Edited by ButchReedMark

I like Whitlock's throwing action. Straight forward. No leaning about or any of that fancy shit.

Simon Whitlock was really disappointing at the Deset Classic so it's nice to see him playing some decent stuff. Scott Waites picked things up after a horrible first match too.

King/Barneveld and O'Shea/Webster tomorrow night should be the business. I expect Painter/Shepherd and Taylor/Lloyd to be reasonably one sided.