Power Trip Wrestling - "Against The World"

powertripwrestling

And if this doesn't prove that this isn't about the fact that you feel PTW isn't any good, and it's far more of a personal vendetta towards me; then I don't know what does. It proves everything I've said about certain people on here, has justification written all over it.I'm getting sick of having to come back here and post to defend myself, and this as far as I'm concerned, just shows the level of mentality on here; that instant message conversations will now be faked and manipulated just in an attempt to justify your own ends and beliefs. Oh, but because you all hate me, they're BOUND to be true; right kids?

This forum has almost 7,000 registered members. I've just been through all 14 pages and found that a grand total of TEN people have insulted you.Many other posters (such as Hat Guy, Mara Jade and others) have made various comments without getting personal. So your comment that I quoted is just plain wrong.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looks like Micken. He looks like a fat version of Micken.Never thought I'd ever say these words, but poor Micken. :(

A fat version of Micken? You mean...Micken? :p

I think it's best you stop trying to defend yourself. I would have thought it's fairly obvious no one from here will take you seriously or ever attend one your (reportedly) crappy shows so just stop posting and focus your attention on getting the locals and casuals in instead of the members of this forum. I'd advise you put on something decent though otherwise they will never come back either.______________

• Paid Members

Is a little ironic how most of this is down to a response about UKHG being an impartial critic with harsh words to say about Petey W, and many people sprang to Gingeman's defence... rapidly devolving the thread into unfocused and personal attacks on Pete Staniforth. I agree with a lot of what has been said, and Staniforth himself knows that I called him a "gormless fat lad" who shouldn't be in front of the camera... but plenty of this is totally uncalled for.Also... I bet Flaming Redhatguy is cackling away at this somewhere, probably in his auburn lair.

For the record, I got personal when Peter got personal with me and called me a "dribbling smart mark gimp"... so he started it - neener neener neener! :p

• Paid Members

I think it's best you stop trying to defend yourself. I would have thought it's fairly obvious no one from here will take you seriously or ever attend one your (reportedly) crappy shows so just stop posting and focus your attention on getting the locals and casuals in instead of the members of this forum. I'd advise you put on something decent though otherwise they will never come back either.______________

If the event posters and local publicity look anything like the DVD covers that I described in my opening post (and it looks like they do), then he's going to have a hard job getting the locals to turn up anyway since they just look unprofessional, poorly produced, incredibly amateur and "small-time".Before he starts with the "what qualifies you to make comment" again, no, I haven't ever designed a poster for an event. Then again, I'm not the one attempting to get members of the public to come along and part with their cash to watch my product.The next part may sound like some Moj-like campaign against this promotion, but I just thought it was worth sharing since it gives a bit more background on the unprofessional and amateur set-up that seems to be going on in PTW:It has just been brought to my attention that on past shows, Staniforth has failed to pay agreed ring hire costs - leading to the ring crew having to take all the money from the walk-up ticket sales (admittedly not a lot) in an attempt to offset at least some of their own costs. What about paying the talent, then, I hear you ask? Not a problem, as it happens, since I've also been told that the vast majority of performers appearing on a PTW event normally either work for free, or are "paid" in DVDs.Of course, I have no idea whether that is completely true or not, but it would seem, to me, to be just one of the factors in the resultant substandard quality of shows that I've seen them put out:Poor fan experience [resulting from] poor show, not giving money's worth [resulting from] low quality talent used[resulting from] lack of "proper" pay [resulting from] lack of money available to the promotion [resulting from] poor attendance [resulting from] poor promotion of the show, and previous poor fan experience. The cycle restarts...If Staniforth is really, truly serious about wanting to run quality, enjoyable and successful pro wrestling events and not doing this purely as a hobby designed to give himself a desperate sense of self-importance and recognition as one might have gotten the impression so far, then he has to stop putting up the defences and dismissing every bad word said against him, his style and his promotion. Instead, he needs to take a proper look at what is going wrong with it all and maybe then he'll finally see why people find it so easy to criticise, mock and pick fault.Of course, if his previous rants and "last ever posts" are anything to go by, all I expect him to do is ignore everything and launch into the next phase of his emotional breakdown :( Edited by UK Hat Guy

Can I just say that I am absolutely furious with the outright lies that have been posted in this thread.Emile Heskey is an underrated team player whose unselfish attitude and high workrate has created countless chances for his team-mates at Leicester, Liverpool, Birmingham and Wigan...and he scored in England's legendary 5-1 win over Germany, he was arguably England's best player during the 2002 World Cup AND he was man of the match when England played Russia and Israel in the Euro 2008 qualifiers AND had he not been injured against Croatia, we might have even qualified for the finals.Ayass, I don't care how drunk you are, you're out of order. You'd kill for someone like Emile at Ipswich Town. :laugh:

NO. Heskey was and is rubbish. For a big man he is unbelievably easy to push over and to reiterate something that John Gregory once said,'We didnt need the pitch rolling, but they bought on Heskey anyway'.
thats just pure slander i mean hes no ronaldo in the falling down stakes in my totally unqualified view of course.

• Paid Members

Professional. REAL professional.

No, Peter - THIS is professional:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7xskErc7eIhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZTwcsxUmeYACW%20Oct%2006.jpg
Oh my God. Please, somebody stop this man ever being involved with professional wrestling in any way ever again.
But he has spent good money on his Paul Heyman outfit.What's a bloke to do?
hes missing the one thing that will make him ~~LEGIT~~ and thats a baseball cap...how else are we supposed to respect him otherwise as a serious promoter??
You didn't watch the video's then? Great stuff, plenty of laughs.

To all the people who criticise Peter Staniforth beware, his online army of friends will bombard you with countless threats and insults. I mentioned something about me not enjoying one of his columns about two years ago and I still receive the emails to this day. :laugh:

Those youtube videos are fucking hilarious - a couple of mates down the pub pretending to be in the wrestling business. That Staniforth chap has a voice like a gurgling drain.

This guy seriously needs to get over himself, because he has never accomplished anything in the wrestling business other than looking like a total tool.

What on Earth are you talking about??He's on dozens of Professional Wrestling Show posters and he owns a fricking wrestling company!!!He's a "Wrestling Star". Have you never been on his website??? Peter Whatever-his-name-is is a Big F'N Deal yeah, and don't any of us forget it.I hear he can't walk through Luton without being mobbed by fans and admirers.yeah he gets mobbed all right i know pete staniforth very well & im not here to critizise anyone but what gives pete the right to accuse a other luton promotion in thinking that certain memebers of that promotion have come on here & started off this argurement of sorts plus pete slagging off alex shane about his seminars etc, & wishing ppl dead is very childish especially on the forum of the other luton promotion & by the way pete sleeping with yr female wrestlers to get a cheap shag is lower than low & u know what i mean !!!!!!(Can I wrestle on one of your shows please Pete? I'm ... er.... really good. Yeah. My mate said so, and my Mum.)

• Paid Members

yeah he gets mobbed all right i know pete staniforth very well & im not here to critizise anyone but what gives pete the right to accuse a other luton promotion in thinking that certain memebers of that promotion have come on here & started off this argurement of sorts plus pete slagging off alex shane about his seminars etc, & wishing ppl dead is very childish especially on the forum of the other luton promotion & by the way pete sleeping with yr female wrestlers to get a cheap shag is lower than low & u know what i mean !!!!!!(Can I wrestle on one of your shows please Pete? I'm ... er.... really good. Yeah. My mate said so, and my Mum.)

Holy what now?

just want to make the point, people do come on here for just doing cheap shots.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

brock321

This guy seriously needs to get over himself, because he has never accomplished anything in the wrestling business other than looking like a total tool.

What on Earth are you talking about??

He's on dozens of Professional Wrestling Show posters and he owns a fricking wrestling company!!!

He's a "Wrestling Star". Have you never been on his website???

Peter Whatever-his-name-is is a Big F'N Deal yeah, and don't any of us forget it.

I hear he can't walk through Luton without being mobbed by fans and admirers.

yeah he gets mobbed all right i know pete staniforth very well & im not here to critizise anyone but what gives pete the right to accuse a other luton promotion in thinking that certain memebers of that promotion have come on here & started off this argurement of sorts plus pete slagging off alex shane about his seminars etc, & wishing ppl dead is very childish

especially on the forum of the other luton promotion & by the way pete sleeping with yr female wrestlers to get a cheap shag is lower than low & u know what i mean !!!!!!

(Can I wrestle on one of your shows please Pete? I'm ... er.... really good. Yeah. My mate said so, and my Mum.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

brock321

I CAN ASSURE YOU UK FAN ,THAT I AM NOT BULL HARLEY I KNOW BULL ON A PROFESSIONAL LEVEL.I GATHERED HIS EMAIL ADDRESS FROM THE ACW WEBSITE,I ASKED BULL IF I COULD IN ANY WAY HELP TOWARDS THE CHARITY SHOW,HE EMAILED THE WRITEUP FOR THE SAT SHOW WHICH I PUT ONTO THE UKFF,WHICH I WAS ASKED TO DO.I HAVE NO PROBLEM IN HELPING OUT,I WISH MORE PEOPLE DID HELP OUT SMALLER PROMOTIONS,THERE ARE ALWAYS PEOPLE RANTING ON ABOUT BRITISH WRESTLING SHOULD BE BETTER,SUPPORT BRITISH WRESTLING ETC.I MEAN LOOK AT ALEX SHANE AT LEAST HE IS SHARING HIS WEALTH OF EXP. WITH OTHER PROMOTIONS AROUND THE UK,SO AT LEAST THE PROMOTIONS CAN GAIN MORE NORIETY & INFO & THEN MAYBE GIVE FANS A BETTER PRODUCT A BETTER VIEW OF A WRESTLING EVENT.

bullharley

[ Exalt | Smite ] Re: UKFF?