Power Trip Wrestling - "Against The World"

powertripwrestling

Much as I'd love to continue to help you make this thread own chatroom, pat on the back, thats just odd. In order to help this Peter Staniforth is it? Get things back on track, I reccomend, anyone local should check out this show ideally with a few friends, that way if its no good, your not suffering in silence and if it is alright, you have someone to go for a few beers with afterwards :laugh:

so you want people to waste their money watching a poor substandard disorganised show? when what we all should be doing is encouraging people to stop going so he eventually ceases running and hopefuly someone more professional can move in and give the locals in his area a properly run promotion that they can enjoy seeing?
I'm merely suggesting people check the show out to find out whether it is good or not, they only have to go the once...night out afterwards etc...Its not like i'm holding a gun to their head...good grief
But by going they perpetuate the cycle that hat guy wrote about earlier surely its better to have no punters going at all if no one goes hes not going to run then britwres loses one shit company...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't UK Hat Guy's review based on his own opinion?
yes it was but I happen to agree with him, He's rarely wrong and unlike me he has no axe to grind with anyone.question for you though chris do ya not think the mentality of ''ya gotta check them out first'' is a wrong one since that contributes towards keeping the PTW's etc open?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Much as I'd love to continue to help you make this thread own chatroom, pat on the back, thats just odd. In order to help this Peter Staniforth is it? Get things back on track, I reccomend, anyone local should check out this show ideally with a few friends, that way if its no good, your not suffering in silence and if it is alright, you have someone to go for a few beers with afterwards :laugh:

so you want people to waste their money watching a poor substandard disorganised show? when what we all should be doing is encouraging people to stop going so he eventually ceases running and hopefuly someone more professional can move in and give the locals in his area a properly run promotion that they can enjoy seeing?
I'm merely suggesting people check the show out to find out whether it is good or not, they only have to go the once...night out afterwards etc...Its not like i'm holding a gun to their head...good grief
But by going they perpetuate the cycle that hat guy wrote about earlier surely its better to have no punters going at all if no one goes hes not going to run then britwres loses one shit company...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't UK Hat Guy's review based on his own opinion?
yes it was but I happen to agree with him, He's rarely wrong and unlike me he has no axe to grind with anyone.question for you though chris do ya not think the mentality of ''ya gotta check them out first'' is a wrong one since that contributes towards keeping the PTW's etc open?
Depends on whether other people enjoy the show really. I haven't seen anything that would make me want to go, quite the opposite, but I think if you're gonna take a real stand against them and shout from the roof tops how shit they are, you really do need to know a little more about them than another person's own opinion.

Taken from PTW myspace:

Official Statement from PTWIn an example of how a show title can be amazingly ironic, it's my duty to let you know that Power Trip Wrestling - "Against The World", on Saturday 31st May 2008, has had to be cancelled late due to a legal complication that was neither the fault of ourselves or our friends at Marriott's School.We are looking to re-arrange a show there in the immediate future, on rectification of the situation, and will announce on our official PTW Website (www. powertripwrestling. co. uk) and all of the wrestling news websites that are kind enough to print our press releases; the re-arranged date.PTW has always lead a loud and unpredictable life, in the 15 months we've been running shows. We're not your typical British wrestling promotion, we care about our wrestlers, our fans, and value friendship and fighting for the underdog. We've had fate, bad luck, and underhanded tactics try to keep us down before; and we're still standing - and we'll continue to stand tall like before.We appreciate your support, hell, we appreciate YOU!You'll hear from us soon! We're PTW....We're Luton born, bred, and proud....and We're Loud!

Legal complication? So what could that be? A licence problem or something similar would be my guess, but I'm not really up on wrestling legal issues so I could be talkin out my ass

Taken from PTW myspace:

Official Statement from PTWIn an example of how a show title can be amazingly ironic, it's my duty to let you know that Power Trip Wrestling - "Against The World", on Saturday 31st May 2008, has had to be cancelled late due to a legal complication that was neither the fault of ourselves or our friends at Marriott's School.We are looking to re-arrange a show there in the immediate future, on rectification of the situation, and will announce on our official PTW Website (www. powertripwrestling. co. uk) and all of the wrestling news websites that are kind enough to print our press releases; the re-arranged date.PTW has always lead a loud and unpredictable life, in the 15 months we've been running shows. We're not your typical British wrestling promotion, we care about our wrestlers, our fans, and value friendship and fighting for the underdog. We've had fate, bad luck, and underhanded tactics try to keep us down before; and we're still standing - and we'll continue to stand tall like before.We appreciate your support, hell, we appreciate YOU!You'll hear from us soon! We're PTW....We're Luton born, bred, and proud....and We're Loud!

Legal complication? So what could that be? A licence problem or something similar would be my guess, but I'm not really up on wrestling legal issues so I could be talkin out my ass
Its proberbly incest - thats illigal. I think.Or impersonating someone else's identity. (Paul Heyman please check your Equifax credit report)

• Moderators

PTW has always lead a loud and unpredictable life, in the 15 months we've been running shows. We're not your typical British wrestling promotion, we care about our wrestlers, our fans, and value friendship and fighting for the underdog. We've had fate, bad luck, and underhanded tactics try to keep us down before; and we're still standing - and we'll continue to stand tall like before.

Paul Heyman's speech in Beyond The Mat has a lot to answer for.

As I understand, it was something to do with Stevenage Council, nothing to do with insurance (or incest lol). It wasn't PTW's fault, nor Marriot's School. Its a temporary setback and Petey fully intends to reschedule very soon. It was nothing to do with the haters on here either.