Power Trip Wrestling - "Against The World"

powertripwrestling

the majority of this thread has been discussion of the promotion, and more so the man behind it, rather than the show. Maybe it should be shifted to the UK Fan Forum section to be discussed now.tis all im saying

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive me, I'm new to all this and I'm going to be completely neutral here.I'm aware that PTW doesn't seem to have the greatest reputation and that it is probably at the other end of the scale to somewhere like LDN Wrestling (simply as an example). Is it not a question of tasters choice though? Some people love the flashier promotions such as LDN, while others don't mind a smaller promotion that might not be as slick and polished. It just seems to be there is an intense divide going on in this thread that I don't quite understand. Is the rivalry really that fierce that the UK industry seems to spend a lot of time turning on itself, rather than pushing forward? Like I say, completely new to the business workings, but it's my two pennies worth.

I'm aware that PTW doesn't seem to have the greatest reputation and that it is probably at the other end of the scale to somewhere like LDN Wrestling (simply as an example). Is it not a question of tasters choice though? Some people love the flashier promotions such as LDN, while others don't mind a smaller promotion that might not be as slick and polished.

In a nutshell, most anti-PTWers here like British wrestling and want it to succeed, and furthermore have seen lots of promoters and promotions do things that could kindly be termed as counterproductive to that aim. Essentially, they've seen this before, and respond to arsehats like Staniforth with relentless, hilarious mockery, while actually pointing out where he's going wrong.Pro PTWers, meanwhile, are workers looking for bookings.And yes I have seen a PTW show, thanks. Nobody, anywhere, ever, could enjoy the show I saw of theirs. This isn't hyperbole. Fans constantly leave during the show, to the point the main event is played out to an audience of mainly chairs. Wrestlers up and down the card are largely clueless. Dr Stretch vs Nick Aldis is worse than being burgled on your birthday while being vomited on by a tramp while you're on the way to the police station to report the burglary. Then the police station is closed, and it's raining. Also, you rushed home from work, which happens to be wiping corpses arses in a morgue, and budget cuts mean there is no more toilet paper, so you have to use your forearms, and work doesn't provide a sink for cleansing. And your name is Judith. And! you're male.Ahem. Anyway, point is, the match is terrible.

• Paid Members

Wrestlers up and down the card are largely clueless. Dr Stretch vs Nick Aldis is worse than being burgled on your birthday while being vomited on by a tramp while you're on the way to the police station to report the burglary. Then the police station is closed, and it's raining. Also, you rushed home from work, which happens to be wiping corpses arses in a morgue, and budget cuts mean there is no more toilet paper, so you have to use your forearms, and work doesn't provide a sink for cleansing. And your name is Judith. And! you're male.

If it were a female corpse, Aldis would eat it. And be glad he ate her.

• Paid Members

if you "hate" or "dislike" anyone/any promotion why do you all waste all your time trying to bash and criticise everything they do?

It's a fan forum, intended for discussion of UK wrestling events. That doesn't mean, post about what you like and ignore what you don't like. If you put yourself out there, especially by posting threads to promote your own shows or those on which you're appearing, you open yourself to criticism. If people here see something and don't like it, they have every right to criticise it. With the individuals in question, it ain't like they're being roundly negative about everything either if you do a bit of reading around the forum.
This mans semitments.Going by this thread, which is here to promote a PTW show.Peter Stainforth is a fucking awful promoter and as this thread and his website proves is very good at making a right arse of himself, if not intentsionally.Can this thread be closed and moved to UKFF Gold just to use as a link anytime a smalltime promoter comes on here with a reaction to a very well written and constructive review of one of there shows.Seriously, what a complete arse.

Some people love the flashier promotions such as LDN

LDN is flashy?
LDN to the casual outsider would be seen as flashy and successful based on it's TV deal, compared to other UK promotions that have not achieved this status.For a company that is so hated, it sure gets a lot of attention on here which would promote possibly morbid curiousity leading to people going to see it. This thread actually reads as the "UKFF Obsession With Peter Staniforth Thread" rather than anything else. I'll never quite understand the Internet.

I was thinking flashy as in flashy moves. To see LDN labelled as flashy makes me laugh. I've only seen it a couple of times, but I was impressed at just how mat based the stuff was. Enjoyed it.The reason I gave the thread attention is because PS basically labelled the internet fans as worthless. He deserves every failure he gets for undermiming the fans.