• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Bristol Hippodrome results, 16 March, approx 700-800 crowd:

James Mason p Rene Dupree

Man Mountain Kong p Doug Williams

Gladiator Goliath p Justin Starr

Elimination match (with tags, but elimination only by throwing over the top rope): Dean 2 Xtreme, Mikey Whiplash & Tony Spitfire beat Drake Younger, Sami Callihan and Chad Collyer

Mason & Little Legs p Karl Krammer

Bristol Hippodrome results, 16 March, approx 700-800 crowd:

James Mason p Rene Dupree

Man Mountain Kong p Doug Williams

Gladiator Goliath p Justin Starr

Elimination match (with tags, but elimination only by throwing over the top rope): Dean 2 Xtreme, Mikey Whiplash & Tony Spitfire beat Drake Younger, Sami Callihan and Chad Collyer

Mason & Little Legs p Karl Krammer

Big crowd, well done ASW, I think Hippodrome can hold over 1000+

Can anyone who went report on this card? How was Gladiator Goliath? What about Krammer?

If there's a God... he'll bring Sami and Drake to the Hanley show... :-)

Callihan and Younger both have Hanley on their schedule so, maybe there is a God.....

YES!!! I'll prob be the only guy cheering for them but still :laugh:

Results from Basildon last night.

Metal Master beat Frankie Sloane

Big Vito pinned Ringo Ryan

Deano & Kid Cool beat Drake Younger & Sammi Callihan

Doug Williams beat Man Mountain Kong by DQ

Little Legs & Tony Spitfire beat Barbarian Karl Kramer

Sadly, in my ongoing efforts to appease the pissed off British public [of which there are many] I am working late tomorrow night and will be unable to make the Grimsby show! :angry:

Was looking forward to seeing Callihan and Younger for the first time.

If anyone else decides to go please post the results on here.

Results from tonight's show at Grimsby:

About half-full, maybe a little more. 300-400 people estimate.

No MILF ring announcer, all the MC'ing was done by an old, slightly camp fella in a kilt who looks a bit like Al Wilson. ("We are in the process of ... oooh process, I've never used that word before". *giggles* "I like that. Anyway ...") I think he's refereed in the past, but we usually get the MILF announcing.

Referee for each match was All-Star trainee Luke Hardy.

Match 1: Tony Spitfire beat Ringo Ryan with a high crossbody off the top rope.

First time I've seen these two, both played to the crowd very well. Noticed a big tattoo on Spitfire's arm of the World Of Sport logo with SECONDS OUT in big letters underneath.

Spitfire kept pulling a face every time he was selling which looked like a smirk or giggle. But he might just have been giggling.

Match 2: 'The Brooklyn Brawler' Julio Torres beat Frankie Sloan after sitting down from a sunset flip attempt, and grabbed the ropes for leverage.

Torres did a full Ravishing Rick Rude pre-match promo, from the "What I'd like to have right now ..." right through to to "... what a real man is supposed to look like!"

Frankie Sloan did a perfectly executed moonwalk along the apron before getting in the ring. Respect.

Frankie worked the crowd brilliantly, but then he has tagged round these parts many times with Grimsby's hero Robbie Brookside - so he knows how to get the punters going.

The speech about merchandise for sale included a mention of a John Cena action figure. That got the loudest pop of the whole night.

Match 3: The Metal Master beat Man Mountain Kong by DQ after Kong got 3 public warnings. The 3rd was when he smacked MM in the head with his cowbell.

The Metal Master was announced as being "the currently ranked #3 wrestler in Japan". 5 minutes into the match my brother (a non-wrestling fan) turned to me and said "I'd hate to see what #4 is like!". The guy blew almost everything he did, slipping off the top rope and even a pulling-himself-over-the-top-rope-plancha failed when he couldn't get high enough and clumsily dropped through the ropes in a messy dropkick type thing instead.

Kong seemingly didn't know what Master was playing at either, at one stage Master climbed up to the top rope facing outwards appearing like he was going to do a moonsault. Kong regardless walked right up to that corner and waited until Master did the moonsault almost all the way over his opponent.

They were really out of sync and it came off a bit crappy.

Interval: this is where they usually announce where in the local area they will be appearing and when they will return to Grimsby later in the year. Tonight, however, they mentioned being in Skegness pretty soon but then he added: "If you want to see us here again, please e-mail the box office and ask them to bring us back". So it sounds like there is no Grimsby date planned after tonight.

Match 4: Big Vito beat Murat The Turk with something out of the blue, I think it was a hiptoss or something unspectacular like that.

This was weird. I don't know if Vito was genuinely in a bad mood or just didn't want to act like a babyface. He came into the ring and angrily yelled at Murat "GET OUT OF THE RING! GET OUT OF THE RING NOW!" until Murat did just that, then Vito with an angry sweaty face posed on the turnbuckle waving the British flag.

As the match went on he was shaking his head, rolling his eyes, and things of that nature. It appeared he wasn't impressed with Murat, but I could be mistaken. He's a weird looking dude too, stocky with a mean look ... but literally about 5ft 2in/3in tall.

Vito celebrated his pinfall victory by standing outside the ring with his hands on his hips shaking his head, before some half-hearted high fives on his way back to the dressing room.

Also, neither man put much effort into the crowed interaction which is essential as these type shows. There were a few stages with each man doing front facelocks or headlocks and it was complete silence. Luckily this did not happen in the 1st, 2nd, or 5th matches which went down with a continuously loud crowd noise.

Match 5: Deano & Kid Cool beat The Nasty Boys after a Kid Cool 619 was followed by a Deano top rope moonsault for the pin.

Great interaction again with the heels getting massive heat and the babyfaces had the crowd at fever pitch yearning for the hot tag. Kid Cool in particular looked super-smooth. Very fun, entertaining match ending the show on a high note.

I got my nephew a Backstage Pass because (a) he wanted to get the babyfaces autographs, and (b) I've always wondered what it's like.

Frankie Sloan, Deano & Kid Cool were great, asking all the kids if they enjoyed the show and plenty of quips for the single mum's in attendance. Metal Master was happy to sign and pose for photos but didn't say much. Big Vito was very popular due to the ex-WWE label and seemed much happier and less moody when meeting the kids.

Julio Torres and the Nasty Boys were up there too but were baddies so my nephew stayed clear. Only Ringo Ryan, Man Mountain Kong, and Tony Spitfire weren't there - but I did see Spitfire taking the ring down on our way out.

Decent show, I wonder if they will be back.

Archived