All Star Wrestling results

The Dart

• Paid Members

I really cannot relate to someone who would rather see a bunch of green youngsters starting out rather than crisp polished workers like of Collyer, Dynamite, Mason, Collins, Zebra, Whiplash, Allmark, Powers, Cool, Brookside, Dragon, Dupree, Oullett, etc, etc.

Yes, because the only wrestlers outside All Star working in the UK must be "green youngsters", musn't they?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really cannot relate to someone who would rather see a bunch of green youngsters starting out rather than crisp polished workers like of Collyer, Dynamite, Mason, Collins, Zebra, Whiplash, Allmark, Powers, Cool, Brookside, Dragon, Dupree, Oullett, etc, etc.

Yes, because the only wrestlers outside All Star working in the UK must be "green youngsters", musn't they?
Maybe not all are 'green' as such but the so say top stars on a lot of these smaller shows aren't polished/ experienced enough for my liking as they are on an All Star, Premier or Phil Powers show. They've not been able to work with some of the veterans and don't get to appear in front of a crowd on a regular enough basis for my liking, so obviously their progress as a performer is slower than workers that have got to work in front of crowds and different opponents on a nightly basis for years. I'm just saying, that having seen what I've seen I'd prefer to pay my money (especially with shows having similar ticket prices these days) to see the final show not a work in progress.

It depends on your interpretation of green. Martin Stone, for example is by no means an awful worker but in reality he probably works an average of once a week in front of a live audience which is bound to have an impact on his development.A lot of smaller promoters have pushed him to the moon, but in the bigger scheme of things hes really only a beginner and ten or twenty years ago would, in all probability still be propping up the bill at his current level. Maybe to a certain degree its good that there are so many places for people to work at present (even if its only at weekends) but im sure the likes of Paul Birchall, Brian Danielson & Nigel McGuinness would openly point out the benefits and improvements in their work after working a fulltime schedule with All Star.

• Paid Members

It depends on your interpretation of green. Martin Stone, for example is by no means an awful worker but in reality he probably works an average of once a week in front of a live audience which is bound to have an impact on his development.A lot of smaller promoters have pushed him to the moon, but in the bigger scheme of things hes really only a beginner and ten or twenty years ago would, in all probability still be propping up the bill at his current level. Maybe to a certain degree its good that there are so many places for people to work at present (even if its only at weekends) but im sure the likes of Paul Birchall, Brian Danielson & Nigel McGuinness would openly point out the benefits and improvements in their work after working a fulltime schedule with All Star.
Yes, but there are other workers who wrestle regularly outside of All Star just on the basis of sheer booking volume - El Ligero is a prime example, I feel. He's an excellent wrestler who is one of only a handful of UK guys who actually wrestles for a living, and he's only worked All Star a few times. Saying that, he may be the only example I can come up with. Will have to see if I can think of more.

Yes, but there are other workers who wrestle regularly outside of All Star just on the basis of sheer booking volume - El Ligero is a prime example, I feel. He's an excellent wrestler who is one of only a handful of UK guys who actually wrestles for a living, and he's only worked All Star a few times. Saying that, he may be the only example I can come up with. Will have to see if I can think of more.
Joey hayes..he's only done a couple of the All Star show's in bolton...and the juice has as well.

Joey Hayes and The Juice wrestle full time do they?El Ligero....he works for absolutely anyone anywhere, which is a good thing of course to get exposure and experience (but means he's often the biggest name on an aboluste turd of a show), but it's hardly the same as working a full time schedule like a lot of the ASW guys do.

There's a few exceptions in every case - whilst guys like El Ligero and Dave Moralez could be even better with some All Star tours under their belt, they're easily on a par with alot of Dixon's roster.

I'm sorry, I've kept out of this so far but El Ligero and Dave Moralez are most definitely NOT on a par with Robbie Brookside, James Mason, Frankie Sloane, Mikey Whiplash, Dean 2 Xtreme, Robbie Dynamite, Chad Collyer (who IS a regular now), Kid Cool, Danny Collins (semi-regular, sporadic), Jonny Storm, Phil Powers (semi-regular) and others.Plus, Karl Kramer trounces Moralez in the "big man" stakes in every single way.Regardless of whether anyone personally "rates" any of the above talent, Dickos regulars are, without question, some of the best workers in the country.Don't believe me? Ask Collyer who he thinks are good workers (he's gone on record saying Mason and Dynamite are two of the best wrestlers he's ever faced). Ask Danielson. Ask McGuinness. Ask Chris Hero. Ask Colt Cabana.In fact, ask pretty much any wrestler who has had even a passing experience of All Star whom they regard to be great workers and I can pretty much guarantee that at least one, if not more, of the above names will be mentioned.

There's a few exceptions in every case - whilst guys like El Ligero and Dave Moralez could be even better with some All Star tours under their belt, they're easily on a par with alot of Dixon's roster.

I'm sorry, I've kept out of this so far but El Ligero and Dave Moralez are most definitely NOT on a par with Robbie Brookside, James Mason, Frankie Sloane, Mikey Whiplash, Dean 2 Xtreme, Robbie Dynamite, Chad Collyer (who IS a regular now), Kid Cool, Danny Collins (semi-regular, sporadic), Jonny Storm, Phil Powers (semi-regular) and others.Plus, Karl Kramer trounces Moralez in the "big man" stakes in every single way.Regardless of whether anyone personally "rates" any of the above talent, Dickos regulars are, without question, some of the best workers in the country.Don't believe me? Ask Collyer who he thinks are good workers (he's gone on record saying Mason and Dynamite are two of the best wrestlers he's ever faced). Ask Danielson. Ask McGuinness. Ask Chris Hero. Ask Colt Cabana.In fact, ask pretty much any wrestler who has had even a passing experience of All Star whom they regard to be great workers and I can pretty much guarantee that at least one, if not more, of the above names will be mentioned.
Where did I disagree with this? I was just saying that Ligero and Morales are a couple of exceptions in that they, in my opinion, are on a par with many All Star regulars despite them having not done extended tours themselves. Phil, Whippy and Dynamite are three of the best in the country, so no argument here. But Ligero and Morales have had enjoyable matches at every show I've seen them at this year, and in many occasions have been the highlight, which is quite impressive given that they don't work nearly as regularly as Brian's crew.

I'm sorry, I've kept out of this so far but El Ligero and Dave Moralez are most definitely NOT on a par with Robbie Brookside, James Mason, Frankie Sloane, Mikey Whiplash, Dean 2 Xtreme, Robbie Dynamite, Chad Collyer (who IS a regular now), Kid Cool, Danny Collins (semi-regular, sporadic), Jonny Storm, Phil Powers (semi-regular) and others.Plus, Karl Kramer trounces Moralez in the "big man" stakes in every single way.

I agree. Moralez is another guy I would class as having potential at the moment but he is still someway behind all the guys you have listed and a number more who work regularly or semi-regularly for Dixon. In some ways his style and appearance would fit in quite nicely at All Star as the British scene isnt exactly overflowing with decent heavyweights in general let alone big heels and I think working regularly in front of larger and less smarky audiences than he has often been used to would only be of benefit to him and help him become a better worker.

Archived