All Star Wrestling results

The Dart

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Star once ran Chris Hero (representing England) Vs Paul Burchill (representing America) but it's OK because "it's All Star".

I sense sarcasm. What's the problem. No one in the crowd knew or if they did they didn't care, probably the same here with Edwards & Bambi. The only trouble is when someone gets on the mic, like Mr USA Broady Steele, who is obviously Canadian when you hear him talk, but at least they kinda sound American!

All Star Wrestling - Thursday June 26, 2008, St. David's Hall, Cardiff, South Wales (175 crowd) 1 - Mikey Whiplash pinned Frankie Sloan 2 - Eddie Edwards pinned The Zulu Prince 3 - Kid Cool & Deano (Dean "2Xtreme" Allmark) defeated Chad Collyer & Robbie Dynamite 4 - The Smackdown Warrior pinned Broady Steele 5 - Handicap match: James Mason & Little Legs defeated "Barbarian" Karl Kramer

Tag match wasn't bad. Whiplash is fucking tremendous as Chippendale Whiplash. Everything else was offensive on all counts. Especially Frankie Sloan's attempt at a backslide, the Smackdown Warrior, who worked so absurdly light that kids were shouting 'he didn't touch him', and Little Legs, who has no gear and needs to be drowned in a bucket. Karl Kramer did well to not cripple someone like he tends to do, though. Eddie Edwards was pointlessly stiff. Chad Collyer is the wrestling equivalent of a gammon steak at a Little Chef. Kid Cool has gone from a GREAT young babyface to a tired looking man trying to be the young guy, Relic style. Deano has gone from a great worker to a pleathery shitarse who throws kicks. Zulu Prince looks great but has less than half of a clue, and is the most uncharismatic black man there has ever been. I remember literally nothing about Robbie Dynamite. Compared to everyone else bar Whiplash, James Mason was great. I guess that's why people rate him?Crowd was largely kids and bored parents. Kids were hot for the start but got quieter and quieter. Popped for the midget though. MC: Are you enjoying the show?Fans: >muted cheers<MC: Will you come back next time?Fans: >silence, crickets chirp<Swear to God this happened.175 fans in a hall that holds 2350 is a bit of an epic failure. I thought 200 in a 500 seater for Kendo Nagasaki's return in Grays was bad...Also, interesting story:My local shopping street in Cardiff is Crwys Road. Last week, all the shops had these Dixon posters up. When talking to my local baker, it turns out he was given tickets (five of them) in return for sticking the thing in his window.I extrapolated from this that when Dixon actually draws 700 (say) he actually draws the 200 that other companies do, plus the hundreds of comps, and of course makes his money selling tat. Which is fair enough, but it does rather invalidate the 'DIXON IS THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN DRAW AND HIS STYLE IS THE WAY TO GO, LOL AT PEOPLE TRYING TO PUT ON GOOD MATCHES LOL' bullshit that permeates this here thread.Now, it's only a theory. I postulated this last weekend, and had people refuting it 'I don't think he does that', 'Dixon sells out legit' and other similar straw-clutchery.When I got home from travelling about, all these posters had disappeared from this Crwys Road. When I talked to the baker, he was under the impression the show was cancelled.If you give someone a ticket to something but tell them it's cancelled, they're not going to turn up. Hence, Cardiff drew 175. This seems to add weight to my theory...

• Paid Members

Tag match wasn't bad. Whiplash is fucking tremendous as Chippendale Whiplash. Everything else was offensive on all counts. Especially Frankie Sloan's attempt at a backslide, the Smackdown Warrior, who worked so absurdly light that kids were shouting 'he didn't touch him', and Little Legs, who has no gear and needs to be drowned in a bucket. Karl Kramer did well to not cripple someone like he tends to do, though. Eddie Edwards was pointlessly stiff. Chad Collyer is the wrestling equivalent of a gammon steak at a Little Chef. Kid Cool has gone from a GREAT young babyface to a tired looking man trying to be the young guy, Relic style. Deano has gone from a great worker to a pleathery shitarse who throws kicks. Zulu Prince looks great but has less than half of a clue, and is the most uncharismatic black man there has ever been. I remember literally nothing about Robbie Dynamite. Compared to everyone else bar Whiplash, James Mason was great. I guess that's why people rate him?Crowd was largely kids and bored parents. Kids were hot for the start but got quieter and quieter. Popped for the midget though. MC: Are you enjoying the show?Fans: >muted cheers<MC: Will you come back next time?Fans: >silence, crickets chirp<Swear to God this happened.175 fans in a hall that holds 2350 is a bit of an epic failure. I thought 200 in a 500 seater for Kendo Nagasaki's return in Grays was bad...Also, interesting story:My local shopping street in Cardiff is Crwys Road. Last week, all the shops had these Dixon posters up. When talking to my local baker, it turns out he was given tickets (five of them) in return for sticking the thing in his window.I extrapolated from this that when Dixon actually draws 700 (say) he actually draws the 200 that other companies do, plus the hundreds of comps, and of course makes his money selling tat. Which is fair enough, but it does rather invalidate the 'DIXON IS THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN DRAW AND HIS STYLE IS THE WAY TO GO, LOL AT PEOPLE TRYING TO PUT ON GOOD MATCHES LOL' bullshit that permeates this here thread.Now, it's only a theory. I postulated this last weekend, and had people refuting it 'I don't think he does that', 'Dixon sells out legit' and other similar straw-clutchery.When I got home from travelling about, all these posters had disappeared from this Crwys Road. When I talked to the baker, he was under the impression the show was cancelled.If you give someone a ticket to something but tell them it's cancelled, they're not going to turn up. Hence, Cardiff drew 175. This seems to add weight to my theory...

I haven't the foggiest how well Dixon draws in other places but in Cheltenham its always damn near a sell out. Every time he's been here I've bought tickets a a few days away and been told that we'll have to sit at the back because they are very few tickets left.

Oh Moj, you've made me less excited about the show in Lincoln tonight :(

Id be surprised if giving out posters and papering events was common practice for All Star. I've rarely seen any of their posters anywhere but at venues or in noticeboards where the venue puts them, its part of the reason uses professional venues rather than town halls or community centres. I dont doubt that not every All Star show is a sellout, but looking at the pretty average Cardiff card he seems to have recognised that in advance and cut his cloth accordingly. It seems like hes trying out a few venues that he hasnt used in a while if at all this year anyway and it could well be that the Orig tribute shows in the past in Cardiff have not helped. Of course if he was a less experienced promoter he would be using the football as an excuse by now!

Id be surprised if giving out posters and papering events was common practice for All Star. I've rarely seen any of their posters anywhere but at venues or in noticeboards where the venue puts them, its part of the reason uses professional venues rather than town halls or community centres. I dont doubt that not every All Star show is a sellout, but looking at the pretty average Cardiff card he seems to have recognised that in advance and cut his cloth accordingly. It seems like hes trying out a few venues that he hasnt used in a while if at all this year anyway and it could well be that the Orig tribute shows in the past in Cardiff have not helped. Of course if he was a less experienced promoter he would be using the football as an excuse by now!

I was at both Southend and Cardiff. I did see posters around Southend when I was there but nothing in Cardiff.

I extrapolated from this that when Dixon actually draws 700 (say) he actually draws the 200 that other companies do, plus the hundreds of comps, and of course makes his money selling tat. Which is fair enough, but it does rather invalidate the 'DIXON IS THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN DRAW AND HIS STYLE IS THE WAY TO GO, LOL AT PEOPLE TRYING TO PUT ON GOOD MATCHES LOL' bullshit that permeates this here thread.Now, it's only a theory. I postulated this last weekend, and had people refuting it 'I don't think he does that', 'Dixon sells out legit' and other similar straw-clutchery.

The same straw-clutchery that you're essentially using to prove your point? You have one guy saying he was given 5 tickets, which equates to Brian giving away 500ish tickets for most shows he runs? Granted, I'm sure Dixon gives away comps in new towns, but since he does shows in venues with mailing lists, it only stands to reason that areas like Southend and Liverpool would get big crowds.

Cardiff is a new venue for Dixon, or at least one he hasn't run in a long time. If you were running a show in a new venue and it looked like it wasn't going to sell very well wouldn't you give away free tickets too? It's pretty standard practice, but of course for Moj and it being Dixon nah nah nah, he's a failure like everyone else. If the people he did give out free tickets too had come (looks like they didn't) they might have brought a paying customer with them, they might have bought some merch, or might have bought a ticket for next time. Smart I'd say. Also, it's very standard for promoting anything, including wrestling, to trade free tickets for posters in shop windows.You're also basing your argument that this happens at every show ASW run based on this one show. Furthermore, let's say it's true, and Dixon only sells 250 tickets for the shows where he has 1200 people in the crowd, which is what you're saying......and other promotions sell 200 tickets and have 250 people in the crowd......Dixon still makes more money, so I'm sure he's sat at home crying that he has to give away tickets, if he does.You are so obsessed with the fact Dixon probably bullied your dad in school or something it's hilarious.You were at Noah, do you think Noah claiming 2,400 people at their 1,500 max crowd is as bad? Or how about the fact that probably at least 200 people got into that show for free? That's Noah though, so that's ok.

Seems to make sense why All-Star give out complimentry tickets - on average a poster has a 'shelf-life' of 10 days, sometimes less. Giving out complimentry tickets may persuade shop owners/takeaways/etc/etc to keep the posters up longer.Either way, the promotion makes loads on merchandise. Even on one Butlins show, upto

Jesus Christ.I'm not burying them for possibly giving away free tickets. I explicitly said 'that's fair enough, because he makes money on the tat'. It's smart.I'm advancing a theory based on the information available - it certainly explains how he gets large crowds when everyone else struggles. Especially as people have been saying that he doesn't usually bother to poster. He used to bother to poster in Bristol back in the Colston days. He didn't draw well there, either, from what I recall.My point is the whole 'Dixon can draw fans because he's great and nobody else can because they're shit' seems to be incorrect - without the freebies, he draws the same as everyone else. The best at getting people through the door is almost certainly Bagga. I'll eat my own head if it ever comes out that Bagga's crowds are full of comps.Re Oric - he's not ran in Cardiff for years and years - last person who ran at St David's Hall was Conway, with Horace Hogan and Dave Penzer. I don't know how that drew, but it had Horace Hogan and an emcee as the draws, so my guess is 'shittily'. The only other shows in Cardiff have been WWE (two sellouts in the CIA last tour), Celtic Wrestling (last few shows have done 250 or so in Canton Community Hall, which is about what it holds) and PPW (hundred or so in Cathays). Oh, and the old NWA-UK Wales which filled Cathays at least once.

You were at Noah, do you think Noah claiming 2,400 people at their 1,500 max crowd is as bad?

1500? With all floor seats filled, six blocks of seating completely filled (three on each side), and about another block of seating's worth scattered about, in a hall that's capacity 3400 for wrestling? Really? That was a less than half capacity? I know you got upset during the show because the emcee wasn't telling you who to boo and who to cheer and it scared and confused you, but really, have some dignity.

Archived