Sting DVD Match Listing

Scorpion_Deathlock

Really, really poor in my opinion. Loads of 2-3 minute tv matches, a 6 minute tv match with Vader rather than any of the countless classics & missing loads of important matches. Not what I expect from "The Ultimate Collection"

***credit to wrestlingdvdnews.com***

Bringing the Game Up a Level

The Blade Runners vs. Bret Wayne Sawyer and Sean O’Reilly

UWF Power Pro Wrestling • April 1986

Sting & Rick Steiner vs. Mike Rotundo & Ron Simmons

NWA Southern Pro Wrestling • May 19, 1987

NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Ric Flair vs. Sting

NWA Pro Wrestling • January 2, 1988

On the Map

Sting vs. Stan Lane

Main Event • October 2, 1988

Sting vs. Butch Reed

Main Event • March 26, 1989

Superstar

NWA World Television Championship Match

Sting vs. Mike Rotundo

WCW World Championship Wrestling • April 1, 1989

Sting vs. Ron Simmons

WCW Power Hour • August 18, 1989

NWA World Television Championship

Sting vs. Great Muta

WCW Power Hour • September 1, 1989

Bleach Blonde Rivalry

NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match

Ric Flair vs. Sting

Great American Bash • July 7, 1990

Sting vs. Dutch Mantel

Main Event • September 2, 1990

DISC 2

Face of WCW

Sting vs. Nikita Koloff

Clash of the Champions XIV • June 14, 1991

Sting & The Great Muta vs. The Steiner Brothers

WCW/New Japan Supershow II • January 4 1992

Vader Rivalry

Bounty Match

Sting vs. Van Vader

WCW WorldWide • February 9, 1992

Sting, Barry Windham, Ricky Steamboat & Dustin Rhodes vs. The Dangerous Alliance (Rick Rude, Larry Zbyszko, Arn Anderson & Bobby Eaton)

WCW World Championship Wrestling • February 22, 1992

Sting vs. Diamond Dallas Page

WCW Saturday Night • June 13, 1992

Sting vs. Barry Windham

WCW Saturday Night • February 6, 1993

Face Paint

Sting vs. Stunning Steve Austin

WCW Pro Wrestling • January 8, 1994

Viewers Choice Match

Sting vs. Ric Flair

WCW Nitro • November 6, 1995

Sting vs. Arn Anderson

WCW Nitro • July 8, 1996

Sting & “Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. The Nasty Boys

WCW Saturday Night • July 27, 1996

DISC 3

The Crow

Sting Becomes Free Agent

WCW Nitro • October 21, 1996

WCW World Championship Match

Hollywood Hogan vs. Sting

Starrcade • December 28, 1997

Scorpion Death Lock

Sting & Lex Luger vs. Hulk Hogan & “Macho Man” Randy Savage

WCW Nitro • February 16, 1998

Sting vs. Kevin Nash

WCW Nitro • April 6, 1998

Sting vs. Scott Steiner

WCW Thunder • April 22 1998

Wolfpak

Sting & Kevin Nash vs. Harlem Heat

WCW Nitro • June 15, 1998

Sting & The Warrior vs. Bret “Hitman” Hart & Hollywood Hogan

WCW Nitro • October 12, 1998

Sting vs. Bret “Hitman” Hart

WCW Nitro • October 19, 1998

Rafters

Sting vs. “Macho Man” Randy Savage

WCW Nitro • June 7, 1999

WCW World Heavyweight Championship

Booker T vs. Sting

WCW Nitro • July 31, 2000

Best 2 out of 3 Falls Match

Sting vs. Jeff Jarrett

WCW Thunder • September 13, 2000

Sting, Booker T & Goldberg vs. Jeff Jarrett & KroniK

WCW Thunder • October 25, 2000

Sting vs. Ric Flair

WCW Nitro • March 26, 2001

• Paid Members

Yeah, I wonder if this might be the new format for DVDs, particularly ones that aren't for current WWE stars. The three-disc sets are $25 to $30 in the US, so if you're thinking of buying even two sets that are filled up with PPV matches, it's cheaper to get the network for six months.

Certainly prefer this approach to the lunacy of the Network running ads for the Great American Bash compilation set.

• Paid Members

They've just released a Great American Bash set, as well as two Best of Nitros and a War Games DVD. Most of Sting's matches have already been given the big red carpet treatment. Since he's one of the only ex-WCW names they dont mind putting over in a "imagine if he was with the WWF" manner, they've already given him his props in a way. Also doesn't help that Sting's biggest year included a grand total of zero matches and arguable his most consistant run of having good matches was in TNA when he wasn't smacked off his tits or mad that women were getting their tits out on Raw and Nitro.

I'm after a documentary anyway. I've seen all of Sting's matches. Much like the Warrior DVD, I wanted a doc. Not a collection of matches I've seen loads of times before.

I'm after a documentary anyway. I've seen all of Sting's matches. Much like the Warrior DVD, I wanted a doc. Not a collection of matches I've seen loads of times before.

This is exactly what I think these days. None of those 80's and 90's matches are getting any younger and, especially with the quality of in-ring action these days, they seemed to have aged even more rapidly recently.

That Ultimate Warrior documentary was exactly what they need to be producing with these sorts of things. We've all seen those classic matches by now and if we haven't, they're more than likely available on the network.

On a similar note to this, I have huge expectations for this upcoming Heyman release.

I think either way there would be criticism. Alot of his landmark matches are on other sets. That said if you don't put them in someone will complain. I like a variation of PPV and TV rare matches. It looks an ok set but only cos I've got most of the WCW PPV compilations already (best of PPV, starrcade, GAB etc) and profiles of flair etc that have his matches included

The Sting/Muta v The Steiners is a good addition which I'm certain hasn't been released before by WWE, I have on a Muta compilation but that's all.

As has been said, Sting's top PPV matches have been covered on other releases, sometimes more than once, but as I'm not overly familiar with his stuff prior to going to WCW I'm looking forward to seeing to seeing The Blade Runners stuff

I'm not overly surprised by this. I guess we have to remember that a lot of the WWE audience isn't overly familiar with Sting and his previous work - they're obviously sticking to very short matches to win them over, without them sitting through long matches and switching off (remember newer fans like their stuff sharp and shor twith plenty of spots), probably before releasing the 'Definitive Collection' as like Flair, Hogan etc. I can't see WWE limiting a Sting release to just one volume. On top of that it's as exactly what everyone has been saying on here - the PPV's are available on the Network and some of the other stuff has already been released on other sets. Personally I'm happy with this set - lots of TV stuff I've not seen before or would be abler to track down and like I say I can't see this being the only DVD they put out. Once Sting arrives properly, combined with the HOF induction he's bound to get, he's going to be all over WWE like a rash.  

Archived