General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• 2 weeks later...

No trailer, just news.

David O. Russell is back in line to helm Columbia Pictures' Uncharted: Drake's Fortune movie adaptation.

The director was previously thought to have left the project to work on a film version of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

However, Russell has now turned down the zombie mashup and signed up to write and direct Nathan Drake's cinematic debut, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

First announced by Doug Belgrad and Matt Tolmach, the film will be produced by Avi Arad, Charles Roven and Alex Gartner.

"David is a tremendous choice to take on this film," said Tolmach. "He's equally adept at combining all the classic elements involved in this property: great character development, strong comedy and amazing action sequences.

"He has a brilliant vision for this material and we know he will bring his original, unique voice to this adaptation."

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is currently slated for 2013.

• Paid Members
EDIT: Not sure when it became offcial, but Wes Craven has officially signed on to direct at least the next 2 films.

EDIT II: It's now being rumored that Scream 4 will be a stand alone film with 5 and 6 dependant on it's sucess. I find this odd since they waited so long to get Williamson back on board and only managed it when he had another trilogy.

Not sure where things stand as far as stand alone movie or another trilogy, but Radio 1 said earlier than filming had just finished on Scream 4!

scream-4-poster.jpg

scream_4_courteney_cox_movie_still1a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

I apologise if it's common knowledge, but FUCKING HELL ARE THEY MAKING GHOSTBUSTERS 3?!?!?!?

I was on Twitter and saw that Carlton Cuse (Lost exec producer) had tweeted something like 'Agreement made. Ghostbusters will not go after the Man in Black.' with a link to a picture. I click on the picture and get this.

The picture is here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that not Bill Murray, in a Ghostbusters uniform? It has 'VENKMAN' written on it and everything ... are they shooting another Ghostbusters? Why have I not heard about it if they are?

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
I apologise if it's common knowledge, but FUCKING HELL ARE THEY MAKING GHOSTBUSTERS 3?!?!?!?

I was on Twitter and saw that Carlton Cuse (Lost exec producer) had tweeted something like 'Agreement made. Ghostbusters will not go after the Man in Black.' with a link to a picture. I click on the picture and get this.

The picture is here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that not Bill Murray, in a Ghostbusters uniform? It has 'VENKMAN' written on it and everything ... are they shooting another Ghostbusters? Why have I not heard about it if they are?

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

That photo is probably backstage at the Scream awards a few days ago. Murray appeared to accept an award for Zombieland. HERE!

Edit - Yeah its the same night because Bill has dirt on his face in both video and photo. [/sherlock Holmes]

I thought the third film was still in limbo but wiki says (with sources)...

In October 2010, Dan Akyroyd gave Vanity Fair an update on the status of the Ghostbusters 3 script, written by Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg: "I’m working on the script now and those two—Stupnitsky and Eisenberg, [writer-producers of The Office]—wrote Bill the comic role of a lifetime, and the new Ghostbusters and the old are all well represented in it...we have a strong first draft that Harold [Ramis] and I will take back, and I’m very excited about working on it."[31] Shortly after that interview, at the Spike TV Scream Awards, Bill Murray appeared to accept an award for Zombieland. He appeared in full Ghostbusters gear, but gave no statements regarding the film.[32] On October 14, 2010 Stefano Paganini, Sony's Product Marketing Manager in charge of Catalogue, Animation, and TV series, appeared at a Ghostbusters event in Rome and said "I spoke about this night with my boss from Los Angeles. She allowed me to let you know that the script of 'Ghostbusters 3' has been approved so the engine has been turned on!" The official press release has yet to be issued, but is expected within the next month.

That sounds pretty good to me. Hopefully we'll get that press release within a month...

Edited by Rob Lowe

• Paid Members

The picture is here.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

Dude, this has been a 90% goer for several months. They're just waiting on the final script which I believe is nearly done. Lots of rumours have floated around, but mostly it seems everyone that matters has ever signed on or agreed in principle, including Murrey who was one of the main people not wanting to do it. I'm amazed you didn't know, it's been on here several times.

• Paid Members
I really do hope they go with Murray being a ghost in the new Ghostbusters, would be a great little twist on it. I had heard they were going to have Sigourney Weaver's kid in the second film as the new 'main' Ghostbuster.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the Venkman as a Ghost thing?

• 3 weeks later...