General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members

That's wierd, I'm sure one of my mates made a drunked gag about 3 Men and a Lady the other day. I hape this happens, I loved those films and I think the premise of this could work. I'm also game for another Police Academy, although I'm not sure Cacoon is one that springs to mind :/

A new Police Academy movie has been rumoured for quite some time. I think the original makers wanted to make a 'straight to DVD' movie but plans fell through and Steve Guttenberg has been saying for the past few years that the would like to make one himself.

Sadly the actor who played Eugene Tackleberry died and would not be in any future film.

• Paid Members
Steve Guttenburg is a desperate/lazy man.

My instinct was to wonder where the hell he'd been for 20 year, but according to imdb he didn't do so much in the '90's but he's been pretty busy the last 10 years. Not that I recogised many of the things he's been in :(

What happened though? He was one of the biggest stars in the 80's then suddenly you barely heard his name.

My instinct was to wonder where the hell he'd been for 20 year, but according to imdb he didn't do so much in the '90's but he's been pretty busy the last 10 years. Not that I recogised many of the things he's been in :(

What happened though? He was one of the biggest stars in the 80's then suddenly you barely heard his name.

He was quite good and creepy in Veronica Mars. And pretty awesome doing the standard self-piss-take of his somewhat fading stardom in Party Down this year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Set4P8.jpg

Rumor has it that Christopher Nolan is seriously considering Joseph Gordon-Levitt for the role of The Riddler for the third Batman film.

Another Batman 3 casting rumor has surfaced. They grow like weeds. Most of them are wrong so treat this with extreme skepticism: A site called Hollywoodlife claims Joseph Gordon-Levitt is Batman director Christopher Nolan

• Awards Moderator

He was quite good and creepy in Veronica Mars. And pretty awesome doing the standard self-piss-take of his somewhat fading stardom in Party Down this year.

He was wonderful in 'Single Santa Seeking Mrs Claus' when I saw it on Sky Movies last Christmas.

• Paid Members

Considering how the Joker essentially WAS the Riddler in the last film I think this is stupid.

Levitt would've been good for Scarecrow but Nolan already fucked that up.

• Paid Members
Considering how the Joker essentially WAS the Riddler in the last film I think this is stupid.

See, I think the fascinating thing for the Riddler to do would be to be almost emotionless, and just out-think Batman at every opportunity.

I can't remember who came up with it, but someone came up with an 'origin' for the Riddler, in which he'd been seriously physically abused as a child, and was beaten horrifically if he lied. As he grew up, he felt an absolute compulsion to tell the truth, albeit in cryptic ways.

• Paid Members

See, I think the fascinating thing for the Riddler to do would be to be almost emotionless, and just out-think Batman at every opportunity.

I can't remember who came up with it, but someone came up with an 'origin' for the Riddler, in which he'd been seriously physically abused as a child, and was beaten horrifically if he lied. As he grew up, he felt an absolute compulsion to tell the truth, albeit in cryptic ways.

I'm tired of Nolan's overly serious take on the villains, really. Just get on the phone to Carey and be done with it.