General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

Producer Michael Bay on the new TMNT movie:

"When you see this movie, kids are going to believe, one day, that these turtles actually do exist when we are done with this movie. These turtles are from an alien race and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely lovable."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles...re-alien-origin

Edited by pol_pot_rick

Producer Michael Bay on the new TMNT movie:

"When you see this movie, kids are going to believe, one day, that these turtles actually do exist when we are done with this movie. These turtles are from an alien race and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely lovable."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles...re-alien-origin

I'm starting to think he's doing it on purpose

• Paid Members
I had no idea it was coming out so soon. Cannot fucking wait, though, it looks very Alien-y; I thought there wasn't meant to be a connection besides for it being in the same universe?

Well the director said this, only for the producer to say "No, it is related, and is a prequel".

Aparently the plot has been leaked online, which having scanned through quickly, i must say sounds interesting to say the least.

• Paid Members
I had no idea it was coming out so soon. Cannot fucking wait, though, it looks very Alien-y; I thought there wasn't meant to be a connection besides for it being in the same universe?

Well the director said this, only for the producer to say "No, it is related, and is a prequel".

Yeah, there's a lot of misdirection going on, and so there should be. I want to be able to go into this film not only expecting it to be good, but also looking to see if it links to Alien. That's surely got to be half the fun with seeing Prometheus?

If they end up squeezing a prequel franchise out of it, too, if it does link to the original series, hopefully it will show George Lucas how it should be done.

Fuck me, the full trailer gave me a full hard-on. So much for it not being that related to the original films! Always wanted to know more about the alien pilot from the first film, plus it looks like some backstory to the "genetic invention" of the Aliens.

It's so hard to do prequels though - the ship in this is obviously going to look a lot more advanced than the Nostromo, but then maybe that's not so wrong. The Nostromo was the space equivalent of a long-distance lorry, so it was bound to be old and beat up. This is a swishy science vessel.

Good looking if slightly "in vogue" cast. Will Elba be British or break out the Stringer Bell accent?

• Paid Members

I can't wait for this film, one of the best trailers i've seen in a while (There were rumours on twitter last night that there is a US and a UK version of the trailer with slight variations. Anyone know if that's true?) When I was younger I always thought the gas mask type thing on the Space Jockey was actually a dead spacehugger still attached to him

006.jpg

It looks far more like piece of the suit in the background stills. Cant wait to see what they look like size-wise because they looked fucking huge in the original Alien film

SpaceJockey.jpg

• Paid Members
It's so hard to do prequels though - the ship in this is obviously going to look a lot more advanced than the Nostromo, but then maybe that's not so wrong. The Nostromo was the space equivalent of a long-distance lorry, so it was bound to be old and beat up. This is a swishy science vessel.

I dont really know if this would be in relation to this directly although IIRC it was mentioned in the Alien films, everything looked "worn/lived in" and this prequel will look "Clean/brand new".

So in theory, it shouldnt be a bad thing