General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

IT REINVENTS AND DECONSTRUCTS HORROR AT THE SAME TIME!

(except it doesn't)

Fun movie though.

It's not bad, is it? A bit of throwaway fun. On the sort of level of House Of Wax. There's a place for fun movies like that, if they're well done. It's certainly not an innovation in the genre or anything though.

• Paid Members

You've all seen the trailer for Monster Brawl right? Also Sony have secured the rights to the 80s TV show ALF, after the success of Ted. They've also managed to sign the original shows director on as a producer and the original puppeteer and voice for ALF too.

• Paid Members
The remake of Red Dawn has a new Trailer, as seen

Big fan of the original, its pure 80s cheese but Im not getting my hopes up about this. It was made 2 years ago and shelved due to getting terrible test results and negative response for having China as the invading force. They blamed its delay on MGMs financial problems but i wouldn't be surprised if this was only seeing the light of day because of how big a star Hemsworth has become. Loving that they have digitally changed China to North Korea though :laugh:

• Paid Members

I'm pretty sad that there haven't been more mentions (not necessarily on here, but in general) about the death of Marvin Hamlisch, without a shadow of a doubt one of the greatest movie music composers of all time.

I was surprised that he was only 68, though. Even more so that he created the music for The Sting, one of the very best film soundtracks ever, when he was in his late 20s. He created his first one, for The Swimmer (a brilliant film, by the way, and one of Burt Lancaster's best performances) when he was 23 and 24 years fucking old. Just incredible.

Somebody should buy Hans Zimmer a boxset of Hamlisch's work, send it via Parcelforce to wherever he's holed up crapping out another of his overblown piece of shit soundtracks, and make him listen to it on a continuous loop until he realises the error of his ways.

• Paid Members
I'm pretty sad that there haven't been more mentions (not necessarily on here, but in general) about the death of Marvin Hamlisch, without a shadow of a doubt one of the greatest movie music composers of all time.

I was surprised that he was only 68, though. Even more so that he created the music for The Sting, one of the very best film soundtracks ever, when he was in his late 20s. He created his first one, for The Swimmer (a brilliant film, by the way, and one of Burt Lancaster's best performances) when he was 23 and 24 years fucking old. Just incredible.

Somebody should buy Hans Zimmer a boxset of Hamlisch's work, send it via Parcelforce to wherever he's holed up crapping out another of his overblown piece of shit soundtracks, and make him listen to it on a continuous loop until he realises the error of his ways.

I didn't know he had died :( He wrote The Spy Who Loved Me As Well didn't he?

The Swimmer is Lancaster's best performance. His slow change over the film is fantastic