General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

where is Drive? Hugo should have gotten nominated for nothing, its fucking shit. Wouldn't have minded a 50/50 nomination somewhere. Hope Chico and Rita gets the animated Oscar and I'm glad Moneyball got some love. Meh to them all. I assume The Artist is gonna win all in its path anyway and it prob deserves it!

Really want to see The Descendants and War Horse now

Edited by Cobra1000

whats you problem with Hugo Cobra?

i thought it was fantastic. a lovely little film, beautiful looking(especially in 3d). great performances from everyone. which reminds me that Ben Kingsley should really be nominated. he was amazing even Baren Cohen doing his best Peter Sellers isnt that bad.

Aw I thought it was craptacular, I think its the only film I didnt enjoy this year. And you know obviously I wanted to love it, Scorsese and all! I just thought it was rubbish, i hated Hugo the character, the acting was woeful on his part, the girl was incredibly annoying, Ben Kingsley admittedly was good but after about 2 hours I didn't care. I just found it so, incredibly boring. Its the only film I've been so bored in I wanted to leave. I love film history, I love the films of Georges M

Edited by Cobra1000

• Paid Members
Aw I thought it was craptacular, I think its the only film I didnt enjoy this year. And you know obviously I wanted to love it, Scorsese and all! I just thought it was rubbish, i hated Hugo the character, the acting was woeful on his part, the girl was incredibly annoying, Ben Kingsley admittedly was good but after about 2 hours I didn't care. I just found it so, incredibly boring. Its the only film I've been so bored in I wanted to leave. I love film history, I love the films of Georges M
Edited by chokeout

• Paid Members

What on earth Kung Fu Panda is doing in the Best animations when Tintin isn't I'll never know. It's actually the poorest lineup of Best Pictures in a long while outside of The Artist & The Descendants. Warhorse is also a undeserving nominee as well. Tree of Life can go away too.

Hoping that Nolte gets best supporting actor for Warrior although the smart money does sit with Plumber. Jonah Hill gets a nomination when The S(h)itter is currently stinking up multiplexes? Ugh.

• Paid Members

The Oscars are irrelevant these days and have been for quite some time and I don't know why people get so wound up about them. The Cannes line-ups are always far more of a fair representation of the good things that are happening in film in a year.

Jonah Hill gets a nomination when The S(h)itter is currently stinking up multiplexes? Ugh.

By all accounts he's very good in Moneyball but don't let that get in the way of your side-splitting pun.

Let's take a trip over to your shitty website to see what you thought of that film, shall we? Oh wait, I can't get into your archive, unless PAGE NOT FOUND is some clever arthouse project that doesn't let you click any further. And there doesn't appear to be a search engine. Wonderful. Instead, let's peruse your review of Haywire and see what that's like.

The world of MMA crash lands in Hollywood's back garden once more with the arrival of Former Women

Absolutely massive spoiler for the avengers (possibly)

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

According to Jenny Agutter, the first Avengers flick will feature a surprise appearance from Marvel's greatest superhero. That's right, your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

"I

Edited by iamtheman

• Paid Members

Cant see it being true to be honest, The licensing issues between Marvel/Disney/Fox have been going on for years, for them to get it sorted for a throwaway scene in The Avengers would just seem odd.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

She probably just doesn't know the difference between Captain America and Spiderman

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by chokeout

Surely that's just a case of a throwaway comment by someone who doesn't know enough about comics to tell the characters apart.

Yeah, she doesn't even mention John Steed. Even though it was shite, it had Uma Thurman in it so that is good enough for me.

edgar-wright-teases-the-worlds-end-with-new-pic-78196-00-470-75.jpg

The blood and ice cream trilogy maybe coming to its conclusion

been too long since Hot Fuzz.

Reboot of "The Crow" officially back on

With the legal issues out of the way, and The Weinstein Company and Relativity Media resolving their differences, Relativityhas wasted no time getting the Crow reboot back into action.

The company has announced that F Javier Guti

Edited by iamtheman