General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

BUMP

First Trailer for Speilbergs Tintin is up. TinTin

Visually it looks like The Polar express but with the talent behind it i'm hoping its going to be good

The trailer for the remake of

is also doing the rounds. Looks like they've moved away from quite a lot of the original film (Jerry attacking the whole family, Ed being the one who thinks Jerry is a vampire) Also theres a distinct lact of Peter Vincent in the trailer, he pops up for about 1sec, don't know if that is an indication of his role in the film but will be interesting to see. Hope it keeps the humour of the original

• Paid Members
BUMP

Visually it looks like The Polar express but with the talent behind it i'm hoping its going to be good

I'm actually a little disappointed, I didn't realise this was gonna be animated :\

• Paid Members
BUMP

I'm actually a little disappointed, I didn't realise this was gonna be animated :\

Me neither and I'm disappointed too :/

BUMP

Me neither and I'm disappointed too :/

Looks shit

• Paid Members

Really? It looks like they show you everything in the trailer. Maybe because I've seen, and liked the original but 'trailer spoilers' aside I think the casting of James Marsden is terrible. It reminds me of when they cast a stunning girl as a high school geek but just give her specs & a pony tail. In the original the fact Dustin Hoffman wasn't 6ft tall & ripped made his actions in the film seem more out of character & all the more shocking. Jason Schwartzman would've been a better choice IMO.

BUMP

I think that's the only way to really do it. For me at least anyway. I'd hate to see a real life version, it was attempted with Asterix and it was horrible. Plus the animation looks better than I expected it to so I'm a happy camper. The script's written by an impressive bunch of people, Jackson's directing and the cast is pretty star studded, I think it looks like a promising film. It'll be nice to see it at the cinema anyway. And if it all blows up I'll just buy myself the boxset of the old TinTin series I used to watch on TV as a kid.

• Paid Members
BUMP

I think that's the only way to really do it. For me at least anyway. I'd hate to see a real life version, it was attempted with Asterix and it was horrible. Plus the animation looks better than I expected it to so I'm a happy camper. The script's written by an impressive bunch of people, Jackson's directing and the cast is pretty star studded, I think it looks like a promising film. It'll be nice to see it at the cinema anyway. And if it all blows up I'll just buy myself the boxset of the old TinTin series I used to watch on TV as a kid.

Speilberg is directing, Peter Jackson is doing the sequel / second part

• Paid Members
BUMP

Speilberg is directing, Peter Jackson is doing the sequel / second part

While Speilberg is oddly back for the third part.

I don't think this will be shit by any means, but it was the live action idea that had drawn me in. I'm not a big fan of animation these days.