Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

• Paid Members

as long as Benoit died last surely she cant have a claim to it. People like that really annoy me, something like this happened in my family and i havent spoken to my brother since the incident, grrrr really makes my blood boil, people just out for themselves, fook everyone else, damn selfish people!!!!!

I can't remember where I read it but according to the law in Georgia, Benoit will automatically be considered to have died first even though he didn't. The idea, I guess being to stop murderers (or their heirs) profiting from their crimes.So with Chris being "dead" the estate would go to Nancy. If she died before Daniel then it would go to him, and then onto his half brother and sister. If Daniel died first it would stay with Nancy and, thus, go to her Parents.While I don't necessarilly agree with what Nancy's family is doing, I do think you are being a bit harsh on them. They have not only lost their Daughter and Grandson under the most appalling circumstances but it's also turned into a massive media story, making it nearly impossible for them to deal with their loss in peace.I don't think their lawsuit will help matters (particularly since it seems clear that Nancy was killed first) but, I've got nothing but sympathy for them, giving what they've been through.
It was reported that he changed his will to that the beneficiaries became his other kids, if that's the case the money wouldn't have gone to Nancy which ever order they died in. Either way, I don't see why her family feels they are more entitled to his money than his children are. Usually when people do this that have at least some sort of grounds for claim.
The bit in bold may not be quite accurate. It all depends on just how strict Georgia's "Slayer Statute" is. It's possible that the law would consider not only Benoit as deceased pre-murder spree but his older children as well. Where his money would go in those circumstances is for the lawyers to argue about.I'm not trying to defend what Nancy's family are doing, just saying that they've gone through an absolutely hellish time and may be acting out of grief and anger rather than just greed.

Wouldn't that be the last big irony? Benoit obviously had a feeling it was coming to this (the life insurance policy not naming Daniel and Nancy is pretty weird otherwise), and wanted to make sure his other kids were okay. If the Sullivan estate nicks it all, he won't even have achieved that goal.

Wouldn't that be the last big irony? Benoit obviously had a feeling it was coming to this (the life insurance policy not naming Daniel and Nancy is pretty weird otherwise), and wanted to make sure his other kids were okay. If the Sullivan estate nicks it all, he won't even have achieved that goal.

If somehow Nancy's parents do manage to get all the cash, I don't think Benoit's kids will be out on the streets. Meltzer reported that when the Toffolini's were under the impression they would get all the money from the estate (they, like Meltzer assumed the slayer's law prevented Benoit's kids from getting the cash) they still wanted the kids to be taken care of. However, the ex Mrs Benoit was unhappy about this, and was considering legal action herself.I know grief does funny things to people, but I really can't see them taking out their anger on two innocent children. And, after all, these kids were Nancy's step children so they must know their daughter would want them to look after the kids.I would be worried about what Benoit's ex wife and children will live on for the time being though, since I assume the money will be frozen until this case is resolved (which could take years). So, in that respect, I think the Toffolini's are being quite selfish. Edited by Garrett

Personally I think its not only awful that people actually want a murderers money but the parents of Nancy want it. I really dont get why they feel they need money to make up for their loss (did her life only mean that much to them), its not going to bring her back, only way to get over it is to grieve properly. In addition to that its even more distressing for me that Nancys parents want the money and dont want Benoits other kids to have it. I would rather see the money be used to benefit those who truely deserve it and so that it can also be put to good use and some slight good can come from it all.At the end of the day...Benoits kids having a decent start in life > Nancys parents being better off

• Paid Members

When Guerrero finally was anointed WWE champion in early 2004 (he "lost" his title four months later), the organization marketed his triumph as a redemption story. The company released a DVD recounting his life story, and later a WWE-authorized autobiography (both called "Cheating Death, Stealing Life"). In both, Guerrero claimed that he had been sober for four years.It was a hopeful, inspiring story. But like much about wrestling, it wasn't true.Ashenoff, Guerrero's old friend and tag-team partner, visited him regularly during his championship years and remembers being shocked by his physical and emotional decline. "I could see him getting weaker and weaker. You'd see him in the dressing room looking like a mummy in ice packs. He could barely move after a show. . . . He was taking all these painkillers and he was very paranoid. He was just an emotional basket case.""Without a doubt," Ashenoff says, "he wasn't clean [in the months before his death]. I know that for a fact. All those years [of abuse] finally caught up to him."

That came out of the blue for me :/

• Paid Members

When Guerrero finally was anointed WWE champion in early 2004 (he "lost" his title four months later), the organization marketed his triumph as a redemption story. The company released a DVD recounting his life story, and later a WWE-authorized autobiography (both called "Cheating Death, Stealing Life"). In both, Guerrero claimed that he had been sober for four years.It was a hopeful, inspiring story. But like much about wrestling, it wasn't true.Ashenoff, Guerrero's old friend and tag-team partner, visited him regularly during his championship years and remembers being shocked by his physical and emotional decline. "I could see him getting weaker and weaker. You'd see him in the dressing room looking like a mummy in ice packs. He could barely move after a show. . . . He was taking all these painkillers and he was very paranoid. He was just an emotional basket case.""Without a doubt," Ashenoff says, "he wasn't clean [in the months before his death]. I know that for a fact. All those years [of abuse] finally caught up to him."

While it's somewhat surprising to hear it confirmed that he was taking loads of painkillers, I don't think anybody could have looked at Eddie's body in the months leading up to his death and believed he was clean by normal, everyday standards. Sure, by wrestling standards he probably was clean but with the way he resembled a miniature Scott Steiner, it was glaringly obvious he was taking some form of steroid, growth hormone, or both.

Publicly, Benoit played along. But he was clearly bitter about it, says Meltzer. "I've got to get out of here, but there's nowhere to go," Benoit wrote in an e-mail to Meltzer late last year.

Did anyone else find that as haunting as I did?

To add to what others have been saying about his physical state, Guerrero's mental state was no secret during his championship run:- After the first JBL match, he refused to get a blood transfusion or take any time off, despite the ridiculous amount of bloodshed in that match.- He struggled with the pressure of being champion so much that he was grateful when the title was taken off him.- Shortly after being champion, he blew an angle with Big Show, Kurt Angle and Luther Reigns, and picked a fight with Kurt Angle over it (Angle, you might expect, beat him easily). This was at least the second time he'd argued with Angle and Reigns.In short, he was totally knackered, both physically and mentally.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think I recall reading that Guerrero's pain-killer problems started after his near-fatal car accident. Apparently he was in almost constant pain and was a physical wreck near the end of his life.

• Paid Members

Publicly, Benoit played along. But he was clearly bitter about it, says Meltzer. "I've got to get out of here, but there's nowhere to go," Benoit wrote in an e-mail to Meltzer late last year.

Did anyone else find that as haunting as I did?
Very much so, wrestling does need another big alternative like it did with WCW. The trouble is, if you get a number 2 company that is close enough, we all know where it goes from there. What's needed is an alternative which isn't in direct competition, isn't paying silly money forcing a war over contracts and isn't sharing the same Monday Night time slot. While all this would produce good TV, we know how that story ends.

Competition isn't a solution to this problem, if anything it was a contributing factor to the high-death rate the wrestling industry is experiencing now.The only solutions to this problem are stricter drug-testing, regular heath tests and more time-off for wrestlers. Hopefully Congress will give WWE a kick up the arse to actually DO SOMETHING.

Edited by Shimmer

Competition isn't a solution to this problem, if anything it was a contributing factor to the high-death rate the wrestling industry is experiencing now.The only solutions to this problem are stricter drug-testing, regular heath tests and more time-off for wrestlers. Hopefully Congress will give WWE a kick up the arse to actually DO SOMETHING.

BUT IT'S NOT WRESTLING THAT'S THE PROBLEM!!!!!!! [/bischoff]

• 3 weeks later...

The results of the brain work on Chris Benoit will be announced at a press conference at 10:45 a.m. Wednesday at the Roosevelt Hotel in New York.Benoit's father Michael gave permission to Julian Bailes, MD, the Chair of the Department of Neurosurgery at West Virginia University, to examine Chris' brain. Dr. Bailes is expected to concentrate on any signs of brain damage or anything else that could be shown to have negatively affected Chris' judgement or thinking before he killed his wife and son, and then hanged himself.UPDATE: Chris Mushnick is now reporting that the report tomorrow will focus on "frontal lobe syndromes", which is reported to result in such outcomes as "blunted affect," "emotional and/or social withdrawal," and "aggression, outbursts of rage, and violent behavior."So, believe it or not, someone will apparently be attempting to prove that Benoit killed his wife, his son, and himself because of the swan-dive headbutt.Credit: WrestlingObserver.com

Picked that up from wrestling.insidepulse.com