Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

• Paid Members

Mero's just out of touch and bitter. Hogans obviously the most knowledgable, he knows about the devil worship related goings on.......

• Paid Members

I wouldnt say Mero looks like a tranny, he reminds me more of Jack Nicholsons Joker in the original Batman. If anything though, Mero shouldnt really be the spokesperson, Lance Storm should, hes clean, hes proven its possible to have a wrestling career without needing to take drugs. There needs to be more focus on the wrestlers who did get through their careers without taking drugs instead of tarring every wrestler with the same brush.

Plus he's been in WWE much more recently than Mero, more relevantly since the introduction of the Wellness Policy.

I wouldnt say Mero looks like a tranny, he reminds me more of Jack Nicholsons Joker in the original Batman. If anything though, Mero shouldnt really be the spokesperson, Lance Storm should, hes clean, hes proven its possible to have a wrestling career without needing to take drugs. There needs to be more focus on the wrestlers who did get through their careers without taking drugs instead of tarring every wrestler with the same brush.

Apart from the fact, even Storm would probably be unknown by a casual fan or any outside of the wrestling community. He hasdn't had world title runs like Benoit or Guerrero. WWE and WCW didn't know what to do with him because he was a big guy, but wasn't bulked up, so he was ridiculed on national TV (remember the 'boring' skits with Austin), further proof to the outside world that wrestling is about greased giants with veins full of drugs.

Apart from the fact, even Storm would probably be unknown by a casual fan or any outside of the wrestling community. He hasdn't had world title runs like Benoit or Guerrero. WWE and WCW didn't know what to do with him because he was a big guy, but wasn't bulked up, so he was ridiculed on national TV (remember the 'boring' skits with Austin), further proof to the outside world that wrestling is about greased giants with veins full of drugs.
WWF might not of known what to do with him, but WCW did, the Team Canada against MIA stuff was great to watch, and he held almost every title in the WCW apart from the world title.

edgecrusher, do you believe he'd take a spot with WWE if offered? A call from Vince, despite what he obviously cares about, I think would be impossible for him to turn down - forget about all this publicity, come and work for me. I#d like to believe he wouldn't, in an ideal world, but I can't.

I don't believe he would. Depends on how well he's taking care of himself, to be honest. From the impression he gives off he's hardly strapped for cash. I'm not so cynical that I call bullshit on anybody who tries not to be a self-serving fuck in the wrestling biz until I've seen some evidence. So far Mero's clean in my book. If he was to take up a job with WWE, much like Matt 'you fucking idiot' Hardy, then I'd lose my respect for him.But still, he is saying what needs to be said, saying it loudly, and saying it as much as possible. Criticising him for that, when he's the only person who's really making a go of it barring Konnan, is just utterly stupid, since at this point almost everyone agrees something needs to change, and that something isn't going to be done if you let the industry do it.As for him being bitter and out of touch... well, at least he knows the wellness policy better than Fit Finlay...I find it hilarious that people were apparently 'praising' Finlay for how he handled himself on TV. Any other spokesman in any other environment would be taken out back and shot if they did a job that bad. Edited by edgecrusher

• Paid Members

Plus he's been in WWE much more recently than Mero, more relevantly since the introduction of the Wellness Policy.
No he hasn't. He retired from full time stuff in 2004 and his last match for WWE was several months before Guerrero died. He spent some time training in OVW but I don't know whether the wellness policy has any effect there. (Technically it should, but I don't know if they bother.)

No he hasn't. He retired from full time stuff in 2004 and his last match for WWE was several months before Guerrero died. He spent some time training in OVW but I don't know whether the wellness policy has any effect there. (Technically it should, but I don't know if they bother.)
I definitely remember reading about a few suspensions due to the wellness policy in OVW. It could just be a case of picking and choosing those who are disposable to make an example of though.

But surely there would have been some reports about it. Saying which wrestlers went etc! It as been a while so he should have been buried but with it being a murder/ possible drug case his body may not have been released yet!

• Paid Members

Benoits family funeral happened over a week ago. There has been absolutely no news on when Cb's will be, although he's probably still being dissected by the coroner. Hopefully they will just toss his murdering carcass into the nearest cesspool.