Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

• Moderators

Might be hard to answer but did JR ever wear the hat (on air anyway) before Vince forced it on him?

Nope, that was a big sticking point at the time. I might be wrong, but I think I remember him refusing to do it just before the first time he was fired. There was talk of Vince wanting him to portray "a good old boy character with a cowboy hat," but Jim Ross didn't want to be forced to play a JR role. After he came back, he was all hatted and cliched up to the eyeballs, and in true fucked up wrestling fashion, became that gimmick in the real world too. I bet he hasn't referred to himself as Jim in over a decade.

Might be hard to answer but did JR ever wear the hat (on air anyway) before Vince forced it on him?

Nope, that was a big sticking point at the time. I might be wrong, but I think I remember him refusing to do it just before the first time he was fired. There was talk of Vince wanting him to portray "a good old boy character with a cowboy hat," but Jim Ross didn't want to be forced to play a JR role. After he came back, he was all hatted and cliched up to the eyeballs, and in true fucked up wrestling fashion, became that gimmick in the real world too. I bet he hasn't referred to himself as Jim in over a decade.
That is kind of my point. It seems like the JR character turned up at the funeral and not Jim Ross. That is either highly insulting to the grieving family or Jim Ross has become, for the most part, the WWE guy he is on screen.

Jim Ross and Sid Waddell (darts foghorn) are the two commentators who most need to be parodied via sketches of them using their cliches in every day life.

• Paid Members

JR replies, Bah God!

Just a quick response to an article I was emailed that essentially hammered yours truly for attending the Benoit services last Saturday in Daytona. I was asked to attend the services of Nancy and Daniel Benoit by the WWE to represent the company and I did so willingly. At no time did I want or attempt to create the alleged

The office of Rep. Cliff Stearns (R-FL) has sent PWTorch.com the following statement this afternoon:'"Earlier this month, I called for a Congressional hearing on steroid use in professional wrestling. I have talked with both the Chairman of the Energy & Commerce Committee, Rep. John Dingell (D-MI), and the Chairman of the Commerce, Trade & Consumer Protection Subcommittee, Rep. Bobby Rush (D-IL), on this issue. Although no hearing yet has been scheduled, I was encouraged by those discussions that a hearing likely will be held this fall."PWTorch has also learned that Rep. Stearns was planning to draft a letter to be sent to Vince McMahon to find out how they would about learning more about how their company operates in preparation for the hearings this fall.

I don't think even Vince is dumb enough to think he can getaway with lying to congress. Unless he wants the long prison stay he narrowly avoided last time. Edited by Garrett

TNA isn't close to WCW in anyway. WWE ran their business for several years in direct competition to WCW, concentrating on beating them in the ratings and obsessing over who was doing better. They don't give a shit about TNA.WWE was terrified of letting stars go in the late 90s because they'd go to WCW and make a genuine difference. Today it makes no difference. Christian, Angle, Rhyno and many others have gone directly to TNA and it's made absolutely fuck all difference. If everyone on WWE dropped 30 pounds overnight it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to the relative success of WWE and TNA. TNA could introduce a policy tomorrow by which every one of their stars was force-fed steroids and growth hormone with mandatory eight hour daily gym sessions and it wouldn't get them any closer to WWE's business levels. TNA aren't on the radar. Nobody is. WWE effectively IS the professional wrestling industry and they are the only people who can make changes that affect the entire industry.

I think it would make a differance if someone like The Rock returned to Wrestling but went with TNA. Even Hogan showing up on TNA would probably inject interest.

TNA isn't close to WCW in anyway. WWE ran their business for several years in direct competition to WCW, concentrating on beating them in the ratings and obsessing over who was doing better. They don't give a shit about TNA.WWE was terrified of letting stars go in the late 90s because they'd go to WCW and make a genuine difference. Today it makes no difference. Christian, Angle, Rhyno and many others have gone directly to TNA and it's made absolutely fuck all difference. If everyone on WWE dropped 30 pounds overnight it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to the relative success of WWE and TNA. TNA could introduce a policy tomorrow by which every one of their stars was force-fed steroids and growth hormone with mandatory eight hour daily gym sessions and it wouldn't get them any closer to WWE's business levels. TNA aren't on the radar. Nobody is. WWE effectively IS the professional wrestling industry and they are the only people who can make changes that affect the entire industry.

I think it would make a differance if someone like The Rock returned to Wrestling but went with TNA. Even Hogan showing up on TNA would probably inject interest.
Nope unfortunatly. Look at TNA's current Roster. You've Got Sting who was one of WCW's biggest draws and he did absoutly nothing. the Rock i think would generate more interest than Hogan but he'd only be on a one time only appearance so it wouldn't be worth it although the Rock vs. Samoa Joe would be one awesome match and could create one of the best promo's of all time.

From wrestlingobserver.com ...

--According to TMZ.com, on a Comedy Central taping last night (for a show airing in August), Jimmy Kimmel, when roasting Flavor Flav, making fun of the fact Flav has children with several different women, said, "Chris Benoit is a better father than you." The editors of the show immediately gave word that the Benoit joke was to be cut from the show.

From WWTDD.com:

Kim Kardashian and her diseased womb walked the red carpet Saturday night at a benefit for the Nicole Brown Foundation, and I'll trust you to use your own creative profanity here, but if it doesn't sound like "selfish" and "attention" and "whore", you should probably start over. Lets do some quick math:

Kim Kardashian is the daughter of Robert Kardashian. Robert Kardashain was the attorney for OJ Simpson, who helped Simpson get away with murder after he came within an inch of chopping off Nicole Browns head.

This is maybe the most selfish thing I've ever seen. The only way it could be any more despicable is if she got Chris Benoit to baby-sit while she went out or she came dressed as a ghost.

• Paid Members

From wrestlingobserver.com ...

--According to TMZ.com, on a Comedy Central taping last night (for a show airing in August), Jimmy Kimmel, when roasting Flavor Flav, making fun of the fact Flav has children with several different women, said, "Chris Benoit is a better father than you." The editors of the show immediately gave word that the Benoit joke was to be cut from the show.

At least that means a new Comedy Central Roast is coming up.Creative, but harsh.

JR should've spoken at the funeral.Spoiler due to poor taste.

*JR sees open coffins* "GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY! LOOK AT THE CARNAGE! NANCY HAS BEEN BROKEN IN HALF! DANIEL HAS BEEN WHIPPED LIKE A GOVERNMENT MULE! THE BENOIT FAMILY HAVE BEEN TAKEN TO THE WOODSHED!"