Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

• Awards Moderator

Bag over the face, knee on the flailing arm (hence the bruising)doesn't that make more sense than the crossface?Sensationalism for sensationalism's sake.

Exactly.The Sun would love nothing better to be proved right with their claims/theories, however it is all sensationalist speculation at this point in attempt to paint a picture of a monster, without discussing the more pertinent points of his mental state of mind and what could have driven him to carry out the actions, which are disturbing enough without the tabloid hype.By the end of the month, I expect we'll also find out that Shergar was found in his basement, he regularly had lunch with Osama Bin Laden and he was on a grassy knoll in Dallas in 1963.The idiocy of those who believe and buy the Sun are only surpassed by the scum who write for it. The sad thing is that many of the Sun's 'journalists' probably don't believe half of what they write, but their lack of ethics and respect for the truth means they'd rather print lies and speculation to further their own career, regardless of the additional mental anguish their claims put on those directly affected by this tragedy. By that I don't mean the users of the UKFF, but the friends and family of Chris, Nancy and Daniel Benoit. Although the Sun is a British newspaper (I use that word quite loosely), there are US equivalents which have the same approach.I really wish the family could be left alone and any outcomes of the police investigations are the next things reported on this case. Sadly though, the world we live in means there are people who thrive on sensationalist bullshit, so those of us with higher morals and levels of education, just need to rise above the idiots.

It's the wrestling "journalists" day in the sun, of course they're going to milk it, distasteful though it it. Meltzer's been getting calls from people who didn't know who he even was 2 weeks ago. The police have officially said that the child was smothered; all the rest of this is frankly lowest-denominator smut peddling.

The police have officially said that the child was smothered; all the rest of this is frankly lowest-denominator smut peddling.

These quotes are directly from that well known 'lowest-denominator smut peddler' Dave Meltzer:The belief is Benoit actually put his son in something approximating the crippler crossface, and killed him using his wrestling finishing hold."A choke hold was used to strangle the boy, rather than hands, because there's no bruising consistent with strangulation by hands," said Ballard.The police investigators were perplexed by the nature of the bruising on Daniel, until one of them watched footage of a Benoit wrestling match, saw him using the move, and in looking closely, realized the bruising patterns on Daniel matched the application of the hold.andThere was bruising consistent with the crippler crossface on one arm and his face. There were no bruises on his neck. The police don't believe, because of the size difference, that the hold was applied exactly as it would be in a pro wrestling match.SimonP.S. Like I said if anyone wants to comment directly on my articles I have posted the links and my email up numerous times. Although please make sure you actually READ them first before throwing accusations at me.P.P.S. Kenny - clear your inbox!

• Paid Members

Good god are you serious? That is slander you know! If it was Kevin Sullivan then how did he get out of the house? If i recall correctly the house was all locked up from the inside which makes it certain that the killer (Benoit) was in the house.

Didn't one of the text messages Benoit sent state that the garage side door was open?Does anyone have a direct quote from Meltzer saying that Benoit used a cross face type move? and a quote from the police that supports it? I'd also like to see a direct quote from Meltzer saying someone in WWE told him prior to Raw that Benoit killed them, because frankly I don't believe nor do I see how WWE knew at that time.

"The police don't believe, because of the size difference, that the hold was applied exactly as it would be in a pro wrestling match."Benoit would have been in more of a kneeling position, sort of straddling Daniel while using one leg to pull back on his arm."

Doesn't sound anything like a crippler crossface to me. Just, as it said in the article, "speculating" and making it sound cooler.I'm dissapointed at Meltzer. Though I guess he's just reporting what the police have said.

Good god are you serious? That is slander you know! If it was Kevin Sullivan then how did he get out of the house? If i recall correctly the house was all locked up from the inside which makes it certain that the killer (Benoit) was in the house.

Didn't one of the text messages Benoit sent state that the garage side door was open?Does anyone have a direct quote from Meltzer saying that Benoit used a cross face type move? and a quote from the police that supports it? I'd also like to see a direct quote from Meltzer saying someone in WWE told him prior to Raw that Benoit killed them, because frankly I don't believe nor do I see how WWE knew at that time.
Can't say for sure, but judging by William Regals comments on Raw, it seems he suspected that Benoit was responsible for it.

"The police don't believe, because of the size difference, that the hold was applied exactly as it would be in a pro wrestling match."Benoit would have been in more of a kneeling position, sort of straddling Daniel while using one leg to pull back on his arm."

If he was straddling him, it sounds more like a camel clutch variant than a crossface.

If he was straddling him, it sounds more like a camel clutch variant than a crossface.
Arrest the Shiek

benoit_backlash2001.jpg

A few nights ago I applied the crippler crossface on a friend similar to the one above. Let's call it research.She couldn't move her trapped arm forward, due to being wrapped in my legs. But she easily bent it backwards quickly and easily enough to elbow me in the bollocks really hard.Did I apply it wrong or has she stumbled upon an ingenious counter that WWE superstars never thought of?
Her?!I smell a domestic.
Research, dammit.Kenny's assumption was closer. giggety giggety.

I Didn't know whether to believe it or not thinking it could be some angle due to Nancy's prior involvement with the business and the vince is dead storyline going on, but it was something Jim Ross said just before the Dean Malenko match that made me think my theory was genuine, I can't remember the words, but being quite a strong reader of body language and wordplay it was something along the lines of "please remember your dad was a great wrestler" and to me that said it all, Jim Ross KNEW what had happened but wasn't cracking on, but let slip that "Daddy" had obviously played some part in his wife and childs death.

Thanks for bringing that up again. People have been asking me all week if this is "real" or not after they've heard about it in the news. People are stupid. :angry: You are not the only one to have said something similar in this thread (see below for a few examples)...

Death AngleOn June 25th the WWE announced Benoit and his family to be dead, but it has been confirmed this is part of the 'murder' storyline that has also taken Mr. McMahon's "life".a mate found this on wikipedia but doesnt know what to make of it

I'm gonna be a real asshole and call shenanigans on this. If it comes back and hits me in the face then fine but at the moment I don't believe this.

I would be utterly disgusted if this was a worked angle, but wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.Wouldn't be surprised as well to see management making someone slag him off in attempt to gain some cheap heel heat. :rolleyes:

I've just had an argument via text message with a mate of mine who seriously believes that this is all a work.Fucking people.

... which raises a point: Given recent events it seems that there a lot of people out there who think the whole thing is an angle. The more you try to explain to them why it can't be, the more they think it is "fake". It's pretty messed up really. It's like people think that anything related to wrestling can't be real: from marriages, to injuries, to death. Despite the fact that those things also happen to people outside the world of wrestling on a regular basis.Either that or they just don't believe what the media says in general. Now in this case noone has out-and-out denied that it was real to me, but the fact is despite the amount of coverage this has got in the papers and on television there are a lot of people who are unsure whether or not to believe what they've just seen reported. :crazy: And wrestling fans are supposed to be the ones who are dumb?

My only part of this whole sorry mess was Vince McMahon, during an interview on some media outlet, saying 'the jobs of the WWE superstars are to put smiles on people faces'.Yep, the whole Vince death angle with a ten-bell salute was a hoot, let's not forget the miscarriage, necrophillia, rape, cancer, funeral storylines to name just a few.My face nearly cracked from smiling so much during those angles.

... which raises a point: Given recent events it seems that there a lot of people out there who think the whole thing is an angle. The more you try to explain to them why it can't be, the more they think it is "fake". It's pretty messed up really. It's like people think that anything related to wrestling can't be real: from marriages, to injuries, to death. Despite the fact that those things also happen to people outside the world of wrestling on a regular basis.

People are just terrified - terrified - of having "one put over on them" by the wrestling business, and so their paranoia won't allow them to show a moment's weakness in the face of anything coming out of that deceitful, fraudulent world, lest they be made a fool of.Regardless of how foolish they truly appear in their resolve.

Guest wrestlingboyowales

i was a big fan of benoit and although i can say what he did was right i still have no problem sitting down and watching one of his great matches.