Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

Woah...I few people here may remember me from a few years ago & my hatred for Chis Benoit was never a secret, however that was the character of Benoit, not the man & I'm shocked & saddened about the events last week. I never dreamed I'd be writing about a wrestler murdering his wife & child, let alone someone as high profile as Benoit.My Prayers go out to Nancy & Daniel, also the families of those involved.

With the information in the spoiler box - how can this person know what's in the Observer.I thought the Wrestling Observer comes out on Monday?

In the US it does. It comes out earlier in the UK. When I was subbing I used to get it, normally, on Friday.
Ah. That makes a lot of sense. I wondered by sites like Rajah were always behind.Anyway does anyone have a copy. Mine hasn't arrived.

From Meltzer..QUOTENancy had placed a letter in a saftey deposit box which said something along the lines of "If something happened to me, Chris did it."He also mentions, or alludes that Chris' problems were as bad as Eddie's in terms of pills and alcohol, though no one dared mentoin it as Chris was close to only a few people backstage.

This was reported on Wrestling Classics and DVDR as being in this weeks Observer. I beleive that we may be a few days behind the US at the moment in getting them. I believe that what has been reported elsewhere about the death of Daniel was in the Observer too, though can't be to sure if its the same one.

GHB withdrawal? Huh. That would be a possible explanation. Considering how Benoit's been characterized by those who knew him - upstanding but intensely private - if he DID have a problem with drugs, I can't see him asking for help. Trying to go it alone would be both understandable and stupid, and it would explain why he was acting weirdly. Roid rage lasts moments... withdrawal lasts a lot longer.This toxicology report could be one of the most significant documents in wrestling history, depending on how the media react to it and what's in it. *Begins bracing self*

Due to the fact that you should pay for it, and no one can be bothered to type it all up, no. The gist seems to be the note, that Benoit had serious drug problems (see GHB rumours), that Johnny Grunge was a peacemaker in Chris and Nancy's relationship, didn't help when he died, that the police believe he killed Daniel with the Crossface, that Benoit was a regular contributor of rumours to the sheets.

Due to the fact that you should pay for it, and no one can be bothered to type it all up, no. The gist seems to be the note, that Benoit had serious drug problems (see GHB rumours), that Johnny Grunge was a peacemaker in Chris and Nancy's relationship, didn't help when he died, that the police believe he killed Daniel with the Crossface, that Benoit was a regular contributor of rumours to the sheets.

Thanks Daniel.I have been reporting on this case for The Sun/Sun Online and am desperate to get everything as accurate as possible, which is why I need to see what Meltzer said in full rather than a summary.I have no idea where my Observer is or when it will come.If anyone on this board has a copy email me asap at simon.rothstein@the-sun.co.ukI will be able to pay the first person who sends me a full scan. I am online for another 50 minutes then again later.

• Awards Moderator

Thanks Daniel.I have been reporting on this case for The Sun/Sun Online and am desperate to get everything as accurate as possible, which is why I need to see what Meltzer said in full rather than a summary.I have no idea where my Observer is or when it will come.If anyone on this board has a copy email me asap at simon.rothstein@the-sun.co.ukI will be able to pay the first person who sends me a full scan. I am online for another 50 minutes then again later.
You can quote me on this in your dirtrag:Fuck off.EDIT: The original post might have been a bit harsh - it's not necessarily aimed at you personally, mainly at your employers. Edited by The Waterboy

Simon, the summary came from someone in the US who already has their Observer. AFAIK, NOBODY in the UK will have theirs yet, largely due to Friday's post strike.

Thanks Daniel.I have been reporting on this case for The Sun/Sun Online and am desperate to get everything as accurate as possible, which is why I need to see what Meltzer said in full rather than a summary.
I was hoping you'd say it wasn't you who'd been reporting the updates in The Sun, Simon. I've been really disappointed in its coverage of the Benoit story over the last week given how well you know your wrestling. I realise you've got an editor to satisfy and need to have a sensationalist edge because that's how the tabs work, but the 'roid rage' links have been particularly disappointing - it's obvious to any wrestling fan that while a link to steroids can't be ruled out, this is very unlikely to be an act based solely upon a fit of steroid-induced anger. :(See you soon - hopefully to talk about something other than this.BW

Can we please put the 'he killed him with the crossface' rumor to bed.

Anyone who's EVER watched a Chris Benoit match will tell you the move is designed to inflict pain not choke someone out, the arm is clenched between the legs and then Benoit's hands are clenched and placed on the mouth/nose area to inflict pain as the head is pulled up and away from the shoulder joint.

If a wrestling move *was* involved it's more likely to have been a sleeper hold rather than anything else.

This has been annoying me for a few days. Thought it sounds great in your dirtrags it's far from what could've happened.

Examples:

1021041-L.jpg

180px-ChrisBenoitCripplerCrossfaceRandyOrton.jpg

benoit_backlash2001.jpg

Even when applied low:

benoit07.jpg

It's not designed to choke out. Just inflict pain.

Which is why "Cripple Crossface" rather than "Crippler Chokehold".

This has just been playing on my mind, there's enough for the paperazzi to sensationalise here without using this too.