Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

Well, the crossface isn't a choke. And if he did choke him from that position, as you say, there would've been clear damage to the neck.

Think about the hold though: Benoit's hands would have been locked across the nose and mouth of young Daniel. Look at the size difference - it's easily conceivable that his hands would have engulfed the nose and mouth of his son; making suffocation pretty simple.
I suppose. It just seems like a really bizarre way to suffocate someone. If he wanted to do that, he could have just covered his face with his hands. Surely that would've been simpler and less painful for the kid. If it was a 'mercy killing' which is the suggestion, he sure picked a painful way to do it.

Well, the crossface isn't a choke. And if he did choke him from that position, as you say, there would've been clear damage to the neck.

Think about the hold though: Benoit's hands would have been locked across the nose and mouth of young Daniel. Look at the size difference - it's easily conceivable that his hands would have engulfed the nose and mouth of his son; making suffocation pretty simple.
I suppose. It just seems like a really bizarre way to suffocate someone. If he wanted to do that, he could have just covered his face with his hands. Surely that would've been simpler and less painful for the kid. If it was a 'mercy killing' which is the suggestion, he sure picked a painful way to do it.
Perhaps, but maybe Benoit wanted to make his son think he was safe with his dad, so made it look like he was horsing about, only to apply that crossface and smother his son and kill him before Daniel knew anything was wrong.

From Meltzer..

Nancy had placed a letter in a saftey deposit box which said something along the lines of "If something happened to me, Chris did it."

He also mentions, or alludes that Chris' problems were as bad as Eddie's in terms of pills and alcohol, though no one dared mentoin it as Chris was close to only a few people backstage.Something I've been thinking about, could Daniel's health problems been caused by Benoit's drug abuse? Perhaps that Nancy blamed Chris? Each day this gets more fucked up, and yet the American media, and the Sun in this country still make my skin crawl with their bullshit. Edited by Daniel Fitch

God, when are people going to zero in on the fact this business is too much?

There's a whole horrible irony to be found in this. If the death of wrestling's greatest son (in the most horrible of ways) is what it takes for the media and Government to finally stand up, take notice, pressure the WWE and (hopefully) end the cycle of deaths then it may have just saved pro wrestling in the long term. Edited by lokmad

From Meltzer..

Nancy had placed a letter in a saftey deposit box which said something along the lines of "If something happened to me, Chris did it."

He also mentions, or alludes that Chris' problems were as bad as Eddie's in terms of pills and alcohol, though no one dared mentoin it as Chris was close to only a few people backstage.Something I've been thinking about, could Daniel's health problems been caused by Benoit's drug abuse? Perhaps that Nancy blamed Chris? Each day this gets more fucked up, and yet the American media, and the Sun in this country still make my skin crawl with their bullshit.
It's not likely that Chris is to blame for Daniel's problems. I think someone said a few chapters back that it was likely from Nancy's side of the family. Either way Fragile X is completely genetic in nature.From the wiki article on Fragile X: "The fragile X syndrome is a genetic disorder caused by mutation of the FMR1 gene on the X chromosome."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file...ts_physici.html

ATLANTA - Federal drug agents raided the office of a doctor who prescribed testosterone to the pro wrestler who killed his wife and son and hanged himself, authorities said Thursday.The raid at Dr. Phil Astin's office in Carrollton began Wednesday night and concluded early Thursday, said agent Chuvalo Truesdell, a spokesman for the Drug Enforcement Administration. The search warrant had been obtained in connection with the Chris Benoit investigation, he said.Hours before the raid, Astin told The Associated Press he had treated Benoit for low testosterone levels, which he said likely originated from previous steroid use.No arrests were made and Truesdell was unable to say what was seized. He said records were among the items being sought, but he could not be more specific.Astin did not return repeated calls to his cell phone from The Associated Press on Thursday.Astin prescribed testosterone for Benoit, a longtime friend, in the past but would not say what, if any, medications he prescribed when Benoit visited his office Friday.Benoit strangled his wife and smothered son during the weekend, placing Bibles next to their bodies, before hanging himself on the cable of a weight-machine in his home, authorities said. No motive was offered for the killings, which were discovered Monday.Anabolic steroids were found in Benoit's home, leading officials to wonder whether the drugs played a role in the slayings. Some experts believe steroids cause paranoia, depression and violent outbursts known as "roid rage."A "closed" sign hung on the front door of Astin's office Thursday. On the side door was another sign which read: "Our office is closed until further notice and Dr. Astin cannot be reached for comment."Several patients who arrived for Thursday appointments left disappointed."Oh my goodness, I don't know what to think," said Amanda League, who said she knew nothing about her doctor's connection to Benoit. "He's always been a great doctor to me. Very nice. The staff is nice. There's great treatment here."Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard said in a statement Thursday that he could not immediately comment on the raid.Also Thursday, Ballard told the AP that 10 empty beer cans were found in a trash can in the Benoit home. An empty wine bottle was found a few feet from where Benoit hanged himself, Ballard said.It could take several weeks for toxicology tests to be completed on Benoit to see what medications, if any, were in his system.Benoit took four months off from work in 2006 for undisclosed personal reasons, WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt said."He was feeling depressed, that kind of thing," McDevitt said.In the days before the killings, Benoit and his wife argued over whether he should stay home more to take care of their mentally retarded 7-year-old son, according to an attorney for the WWE wrestling league.The child suffered from a rare medical condition called Fragile X Syndrome, an inherited form of mental retardation often accompanied by autism.

The alcohol being brought in doesn't surprise me in the slightest, and I actually somewhat expected it. The whole initial timeframe was what initially brought the idea to my head. I don't expect to be surprised to hear that he was blitzed, rather than loaded with steroids.

Something I've been thinking about, could Daniel's health problems been caused by Benoit's drug abuse? Perhaps that Nancy blamed Chris? Each day this gets more fucked up, and yet the American media, and the Sun in this country still make my skin crawl with their bullshit.

While I agree with the latter point, it's a tad hypocritical to say that immediately after throwing out some more unfounded speculation.

Benoit took four months off from work in 2006 for undisclosed personal reasons, WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt said."He was feeling depressed, that kind of thing," McDevitt said.So it wasn't time off to heal up physical injuries after all. Maybe the WWE should have monitored him closer.

After all the misinformed rubbish i've heard from the "mainstream" media recently, i'm not really believing anything they write, especially when it comes to steroids & drugs.Everyone knows by now that they are simply looking for the illegal drug angle, regardless of the facts.

from the house show report,

I left out one part of the Orton/Cena match because I thought it was of particular interest. During the match, while Orton is beating down Cena, Orton applies the Sharpshooter. Now, I'm can't be totally sure, but I think I've seen Orton use the Sharpshooter in one match in the last 4 years, and that was at the 2004 Summerslam (although I'm sure he has used it many times before at house shows). He faced none other than Chris Benoit, defeating Chris to become the youngest World Heavyweight Champion in WWE history, which of course was his first title. Anyway, as Orton applies the Sharpshooter to Cena, he gets it locked in tightly. When Orton leans back to apply pressure, he look up toward the sky and says "Why?" I was completely shocked, and I was not the only one to notice this. A few others as well as my brother were amazed. He looked very sad and he destinctly said the word "Why"; this obviously was a reference to Benoit, and if it wasn't, it sure appeared that way. I just found this very interesting and wanted to point it out, because I don't believe everyone who wasn't as close as I was noticed this. He seemed very sincere when saying it and I don't believe it was meant to show any hate towards Chris. I wish I have video the verify my statement, but I assure you I am not making this up.

With the information in the spoiler box - how can this person know what's in the Observer.I thought the Wrestling Observer comes out on Monday?If it was out now surely someone would have posted the whole thing online rather than just a summary.Some of that stuff is surely beyond the realm of possibility and not the sort of thing I can imagine Meltzer saying lightly.Simon

Edited by TheLilsBoys