Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

One of my mates just mentioned to me in passing something about Debra. I had never heard it before, so I thought I would chuck it on here and seek confirmation or whatever. They reckon Stone Cold or WWE could sue Debra cause one of the terms in the Austin/Debra divorce was that she would never mention steroids or such in interviews to the press and media. Is that true?

I think she said recently that it was only for a year or so. I'd need to look the transcript I read though.I don't think they would sue her even if they could, to be honest. If her allegations ARE true then WWE will want Debra to fade from the public eye as quickly as possible. The last thing they want is to draw further attention to her story by taking her to court.Basically, I think they'll ignore her and hope she goes away.
Maybe SHE will but the mainstream coverage this is getting looks unlikely that it's going to stop. Vince is really under the spotlight and the shit is quivering so near to the fan that sitting it out is not an option.Very interested as to how this develops.

Anyone see this interview with Benoit after WM XX?

Seconding this, I am highly curious to know its content.
They just aired a couple of comments before bringing Bill DeMott and Debra on the show. Along the lines of "the amount of athleticism involved has gone up so high. We've got Kurt Angle....the people who are coming into wrestling right now are more athletic than they've ever been."
Thanks a lot for following that up for me. Not as all significant as they were making it out to be afterall! I appreciate it anyway.

• Paid Members

I have watched fox news today and it is still major headlining news. They were actually speculating on some sort of cover up from the WWE in relation to the Wiki incident or speculating more of the rumours that has already been mentioned in this thread. Basically ending with "there will be more to come from this weird developing incident".

From Georgia Wrestling History:

Reporters say they are also receiving emails from fans. One suggested that Johnny Nitro be investigated, as the sender believes Nitro may be responsible so that he could replace Benoit in his match on June 24. Another claimed they believe a dead wrestler, whose name was not provided, came back to life in order to murder the Benoit family.

From Georgia Wrestling History:

Reporters say they are also receiving emails from fans. One suggested that Johnny Nitro be investigated, as the sender believes Nitro may be responsible so that he could replace Benoit in his match on June 24. Another claimed they believe a dead wrestler, whose name was not provided, came back to life in order to murder the Benoit family.

Mentalists. Complete Mentalists!!!!

I see that Italian TV has cancelled Smackdown.What's the likelihood, or what would it take, for Sky Sports to cancel WWE programming altogether?!

I think given the relative lack of coverage over here, Sky wouldn't do anything rash. WWE is a big draw for them, and the story hasn't really sparked the same furore over here. I think the more immediate worry would be the US stations cancelling the shows, which really would be the death knell.

I see that Italian TV has cancelled Smackdown.What's the likelihood, or what would it take, for Sky Sports to cancel WWE programming altogether?!

I think given the relative lack of coverage over here, Sky wouldn't do anything rash. WWE is a big draw for them, and the story hasn't really sparked the same furore over here. I think the more immediate worry would be the US stations cancelling the shows, which really would be the death knell.
I may be wrong, but isn't Smackdown the only show that is shown in Italy? I am sure i heard a while ago that they don't get Raw, ECW or any other shows.

I may be wrong, but isn't Smackdown the only show that is shown in Italy? I am sure i heard a while ago that they don't get Raw, ECW or any other shows.
They're on a pay channel apparently, so there's less of a concern there. SD is heavily marketed to kids and the Italian channel felt it was sending the wrong message. A pay channel doesn't have those concerns.

I think it would all hinge on WWE losing their TV deals in the US, as this would obviously affect the deals with European stations and the like.

Some notes from the new Observer.-Dave confirmed he used a form of the Crippler Crossface on Daniel. This is interesting since Bryan was adamant that the story was bullshit. Apparently investigators found marks on the boys arm and neck that they didn't understand and upon watching a tape of a Benoit match and seeing the move it made sense. They just said it was a "choke" as to not further sensationalize an already sensationalized story.