What are YOU watching?

Big Rob

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sting/Flair (for the commisioner post)

I watched that one not so long ago, and it really was a cracking show from top to bottom. In addition to Sting/Flair, which as you say was class, there was also a real good Steiner/DDP match, along with a better than average cruiseweight singles match between Kidman and Psicosis. There was some other fun shit too, like your obligatory Goldberg squash, Rey v Juvi #869, and Nash destroying some duffers with tights over their faces ......as well as one of Latin America's hottest man and the chairman :(

• Paid Members

Watched the Greatest Rivalries: Shawn vs Bret interview this afternoon. It's alright, but nothing groundbreaking. Having already read Bret's book I was already aware of a lot of the opinons he expresses here, which make up the most interesting parts of the interview, whilst Shawn doesn't offer much that we haven't heard from him before. There's a distinct lack of confrontation between the two, which was to be expected I suppose, given how mild mannered the pair of them seem to be these days. A better host than JR may have been able to stir the shit up between them some more, but having said that I'd much rather him do it than any of the current WWE presenters like Cole or Striker. Mean Gene would have been alright.

On the whole it's a good watch, though. I'd be keen for WWE to do more shoot-style interviews like this. Some good extras on there, but considering both Bret and Shawn each have two 3-disc boxsets out already, you're most likely not buying this for the matches are you?

Nash vs Flair was around that time, too.

Did the Nitro set sell well? I remember DDP saying if it did they'd do another.

Obviously does not matter in the big picture but the lack of Benoit matches really does cut a load of stuff out that would have deserved to go in otherwise: I'm thinking Booker T Best of 7, vs Bret, vs Finlay, vs Regal, tag matches with Malenko in 1999 etc

In 1998 I was thinking they should have included Goldberg/Raven, which was a pretty big spectacle - and even in 2000 there were still some decent bits, like the Flair/Jarrett title switch from just before GAB...

DDP did say that - don't know if it was bullshit though, as although he does seem like a great bloke, he can be a bit full of it sometimes - would love to see a second edition though!!

Yeah there is a whole lot more fun stuff out there. A bunch of cruiserweight matches I'm sure! The one missing that sticks out is Kidman vs Mysterio from '99 whew Rey wins the belt. They could have some Raven/Goldberg stuff, heck even some Flock stuff, maybe the debut of Warrior too. LWO segments of them messing about. The Nitro before Starcade in '97 where the NWO destroy the Nitro set. Fake Sting/Sting segments. Some Kidman/Hogan, New Blood/Millionaires Club stuff and you've got a DVD! It would def feel like a vol 2 but if there is a want out there for it, go for it!

That stuff about the DDP/Sting match running long for ratings is fascinating. It' a great match, that sort of ad-hoc stuff didn't show at all. Wasn't DDP one of the by-the-script sort of guys too? Fair play to him for keeping up with what I would assume would be Sting calling it all on the fly.

That stuff about the DDP/Sting match running long for ratings is fascinating. It' a great match, that sort of ad-hoc stuff didn't show at all. Wasn't DDP one of the by-the-script sort of guys too? Fair play to him for keeping up with what I would assume would be Sting calling it all on the fly.

About to sit down and enjoy the best of Nitro set. The going to go through the Starcade and Saturday Night's Main Event sets before going back to work on Weds.

I'm watching Behinf Closed Doors with Steve Corino at the minute, it's like a shoot interview but they show you atual matches of his while he commentates with that lad from RF Video. It's been really good so far I think I'm upto the last match I watched the Behind Closed Doors with Sandman and the Sabu one as well over the weekend which were both really good.

Are there any more of these type releases from RF where they give insight over their own matches while they are shown? I'm sure I've seen one with Dreamer&Raven but cant remember what that one was called

• Paid Members
A better host than JR may have been able to stir the shit up between them some more, but having said that I'd much rather him do it than any of the current WWE presenters like Cole or Striker. Mean Gene would have been alright.

I could have lived with Matt Striker as he's always striked me (pardon the pun) as a longtime fan who was probably watching the product religiously at the time.

23rd September 1996 Raw.

The return of Razor and Diesel.

I've only ever seen them on PPVs from around this time since I think they'd pretty much disappeared by early 97?

Is it as bad as I imagine it will be?

Watched Summerslam 2001 and Vengeance 2001 on youtube through the Xbox today.Summerslam was exellent aside from the DDP & Kanyon vs Taker/Kane cage match.

I remember not really liking Vengeance at the time,but I was surprised at how good some of the non main event matches were.Scotty 2 Hotty and Albert vs Test & Christian was a nifty little opener,RVD vs Taker and Edge vs Regal were decent enough too.The biggest downside of watching both of these back to back was the fact that Vengeance has Lawler back on commentary,so JR is basically back in his comfort zone and phoning it in.Heyman definitely brought out the best in him when they worked together for those few months in 2001.

Archived