The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

So I've come to the conclusion that The National's "Boxer" just might be the album of the year. It's pretty fucking stunning, and I don't see anything coming along and beating it. With that in mind, I insist you download the following track. It's beautiful and melancholic without once being depressing.

'Slow Show'

So I've come to the conclusion that The National's "Boxer" just might be the album of the year. It's pretty fucking stunning, and I don't see anything coming along and beating it. With that in mind, I insist you download the following track. It's beautiful and melancholic without once being depressing.'Slow Show'

I like this a lot. I'm downloading a couple more of their tracks to get a firmer sense of them, but are their other songs like this one?

I fucking love that National song. And that whole album. It's definitely a strong album of the year contender for me, as well.

Gonna post a couple of tracks tonight. First, in dedication to the world's greatest twins with "psychopathic abilities", the title track from the new album from Tegan and Sara, some slightly less awesome twins from Canada:

Tegan and Sara - The Con

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone's posted any Pavement in this thread yet. This is not accetable. For all the plaudits Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain and Wowee Zowee get, for my money Brighten the Corners is their best album. This is one of the many, many great tracks contained therein:

Pavement - Embassy Row

Edited by Parkamarka

I fucking love that National song. And that whole album. It's definitely a strong album of the year contender for me, as well.Gonna post a couple of tracks tonight. First, in dedication to the world's greatest twins with "psychopathic abilities", the title track from the new album from Tegan and Sara, some slightly less awesome twins from Canada:Tegan and Sara - The ConI could be wrong, but I don't think anyone's posted any Pavement in this thread yet. This is not accetable. For all the plaudits Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain and Wowee Zowee get, for my money Brighten the Corners is their best album. This is one of the many, many great tracks contained therein:Pavement - Embassy Row

I'm still LOVING the music taste Parkamarka. Our iTunes must be in sync with each other.However, my favourite Pavement song is Here. So There.

Andy, you forgot to add the link for your favourite Pavement track. To test whether we truly are in sync (perhaps we have those aforementioned "psychopathic abilities"), I'm gonna guess at either:

Cut Your Hair

Zurich is Stained

or

Major Leagues

If I get it right I win a Chicken & Mushroom Apple Crumble

• Moderators

Donald Byrd - Fallin like Dominoes. One of the best basslines ever.

Arcade fire sound cool; I shall have to check some more of them out in due course...

I have to say though, that Stone Sour song was pretty cringeworthy after all the defenses of Corey's voice; it's really rather mediocre; fairly limited. Nothing on Chris Isaak for sure.

The National sound a bit too Coldplay-y for me.. but are better than Coldplay.

I liked the song by Gomez.

I really liked what I saw of Bat For Lashes on the Glastonbury coverage, I'm looking forward to checking her out at Latitude. The Kate Bush/Bjork comparisons definitely ring true. Those songs you posted purplemonkeydishwasher, however, won't play as they appear to be copy-protected and can only be authorised by you.

I remember someone being into Sigur Ros earlier in the thread, so I thought I'd post this from Amiina, a female orchestral outfit who apparently double as Sigur Ros' string section. They've got an album just out called Kurr, from which this track cometh:

Amiina - Rugla

• Paid Members

It might have been me who was into Sigur Ros, depending in how far back you go in this thread, so thanks for that.

I never post in thread anymore (mainly because I can only access the net at work and they've recently banned mp3's from our workstations) but my mate's just put up two mash-ups I thought people might like.

Pendulum! At The Disco - The Difference Between Martyrdom & Bloodsugar

Prodigy vs Eminem - Slim Poison

I don't usually pay any attention to Good Charlotte but I just caught their latest video on one of the music channels and I'll be damned if it isn't the best single I've heard this year.

Good Charlotte - 'The River'

I switched over just after the first chorus (when the twunt from Avenged Sevenfold is singing) so I didn't even realise who it was until the end. I severely doubt it but if the rest of the album is like this I might just buy download it.