Red Light Killings in Ipswich

Psygnosis

• Moderators

Out of interest, who was the last serial killer this country had? Obviously you have Fred West and his bitch, but that was slightly different in that the murders were discovered after his arrest rather than before.

I guess Shipman falls into the 'discovered after arrest' category, but even though he was the most wildly prolific killer of all time, he wasn't exactly a John Doe from Se7en type character. From memory, Sutcliffe is the only 'proper' serial killer we've ever had, in that sense. America seem to get all the John Wayne Gacy's and Dahmer's.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dangerous Dave

From memory, Sutcliffe is the only 'proper' serial killer we've ever had, in that sense.

There was that Scottish Guy- Dennis Neilson, also Colin Ireland- both of whom targetted members of the gay community.

• Paid Members

Out of interest, who was the last serial killer this country had? Obviously you have Fred West and his bitch, but that was slightly different in that the murders were discovered after his arrest rather than before.

I guess Shipman falls into the 'discovered after arrest' category, but even though he was the most wildly prolific killer of all time, he wasn't exactly a John Doe from Se7en type character. From memory, Sutcliffe is the only 'proper' serial killer we've ever had, in that sense. America seem to get all the John Wayne Gacy's and Dahmer's.
It's so weird following a story like this unfold, knowing that the killer is not only still out there, but is still killing. I have to admit, I didn't think we had many cases like this in the past, even though we've had serial killers. Jack The Ripper was obviously pretty nasty, but he was never caught. Let's hope this one is.

From memory, Sutcliffe is the only 'proper' serial killer we've ever had, in that sense.

There was that Scottish Guy- Dennis Neilson, also Colin Ireland- both of whom targetted members of the gay community.
Dave, you've got way too much knowledge of this for my liking. Anything to confess? ;) Seriously, though, I'm keeping an eye on this case. This is definitely a copycat serial killer, and they're often the most dangerous... and, in theory, the easiest to catch, so long as you can match the pattern to the original case.What've we had so far? first murder, two week delay, second murder, third murder, then two bodies found on the same day? If the pattern is going as I think, he's got two more to go. One before the end of the week, then a three week gap to the last one.

• Paid Members

None of the victims were sexually harmed according to ITV News, They think the perp or perps behind it are clearly full of anger at women in general, judging from profiles being given out by psychologists anyway.

Edited by Shockmaster

Wait a minute? You actually need to commit five murders to be a serial killer. They're are rules? Scary stuff.

The following are brief definitions of these three types: * A serial killer is someone who commits three or more murders over an extended period of time with cooling-off periods in between. In between their crimes, they appear to be quite normal, a state which Hervey Cleckley and Robert Hare call the "mask of sanity." There is often

Guest Dangerous Dave

One the subject of this though. What's the odds that there's 2 copycat killers and the original dude who killed say two prostitutes? Maybe they're all trying to outdo each other :omg:

Or maybe the killings are drug related, or pimp related, or gang related and the media has hyped it up so much that the real killers arn't suspects (in the public's eye.) I don't think, for example, that there is any evidence that the women were actually killed WHILST working as prostitues.

• Paid Members

They've been a bit euphemistic about it, but the police are giving the impression there's a significant similarity in the state of the bodies. That's usually a clue that they suspect a serial killer and are keeping some details quiet to avoid inspiring a copycat, which can confuse an investigation.(Note - all above inside police knowledge based on Law & Order and associated franchises. CSI: Ipswich practices may vary.)